Karolina Kurkova
Thumbnail

rosada

So

- she opened the 2001 show without beng an angel

- she wore the 2002 fantasy bra without being an angel

- she opened the last segment of the 2002 show without being an angel

- she opened a 2003 segment withou being an angel

- she stood on that platform in the 2003 finale wth Tyra, Heidi, Gisele and Adriana without being an angel

- she had wings in EVERY SINGLE show (until 2005) without being an angel

Boy and when you think some VS agels never had that: Isa never opened a segment in 4 years of being an angel or Ale opened her first segment in 2008, after 4-5 years of being an angel and after 7 shows

So

- she stood on that platform in the 2003 finale wth Tyra, Heidi, Gisele and Adriana without being an angel

Boy and when you think some VS agels never had that: Isa never opened a segment in 4 years of being an angel or Ale opened her first segment in 2008, after 4-5 years of being an angel and after 7 shows

Karolina is a beatiful walker. Shy looks amazing on runway.

Alessandra and Izabeli are pretty (supposedly...) but they don't have "move".

For me the best angels are Gisele, Karolina, Adriana, Tyra and maybe Heidi (but i don't like her).

I was a big fun of Victoria's Secret Angels but now when Gisele and Karolina leaving VS and the angles are Marissa, Miranda i change my mind and I HATE VICTORIA'S SECRET.

haha. thanks, ez_c!

i think that KK had a very established career as a fantastic runway model from 2000 onward. this is likely why she was always one of the stars of the show, prior to signing her Angel contract. Ale was always a big seller for VS and certainly a success, but she didn't have the runway career. Izabel only became an Angel in 2005, which was also her 1st year doing the show and really her first year or so in the industry, and to be honest, i'm not sure why they didn't give her a segment to open. she is certainly excellent on the runway. maybe it just came down to too many girls. who opened segments in 2005 ... Gisele, Tyra, Heidi, Adriana, Karolina (am i missing someone?)

So

HappyCanadian already gave a bunch of things i would of said ... but here's a few more

Don't mention her merits along with "failures" of other models, cause they've all had their accomplishments in different ways. For example. One could say Izabel became an Angel faster than KK.Or to respond to your example. Iza was only Angel for 3 years ('05, '06, '07) But was with them for 4. And whereas she never opened in her years as Angel, she always Closed with wings. (Sexy Delicious, Highland Romance, Animal Attraction). Which is a very nice accomplishment.

And Ale did have a runway career, but no where like KK's. And Ale was the fit model for 2000 Cannes show. And was like a trainer for new VS models for the 2003 show. And the original PINK spokesmodel. See all have their own accomplishments.

You're point is obviously valid. But leave it at her merits without talk against others.

KK was a tremendous asset to VS. She had seniority, power, experience, everything. Them letting her go was a huge surprise. But as I said .. it appears that the women who also had good runway careers are all gone. Gisele, Iza, now KK.

BTW, I think KK has had wings in every show. Even 2005. She had those bluish one's in Sexy Crystal Princess?? But she didn't have wings in 2000 Cannes. Or in 2008.

I had always assumed there would be a chain of how VS was gonna slowly change out the lead Angels.

Gisele-> Adri -> Ale -> Iza

Heidi -> KK

Tyra - > Selita

well, due to the fact Selita's gone and there's a backing up of certain models ... I guess that's not how it's gonna happen.