Bellazon

Karolina Kurkova
Thumbnail

rosada

Karolina will be at the Country Music Awards TONIGHT!!!!

Brad Paisley & Carrie Underwood to Perform Special Tribute to Eddy Arnold at The 43rd Annual Academy of Country Music® Awards

JASON ALEXANDER, KAROLINA KURKOVA, AND DAVID SPADE ADDED AS PRESENTERS, TELECAST TO AIR LIVE FROM THE MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA IN LAS VEGAS SUNDAY, MAY 18th AT 8:00 PM ET/PT ON CBS TELEVISION NETWORK, PERFORMERS PRESENTERS Trace Adkins Jason Alexander Rodne

AND...........

she's been cast in ANOTHER movie ... this time as the LEAD ACTRESS!!!!!! (*it's just an indie flick, but that's still completely awesome!!!**)

Stars sign up for Future Films' Parasomnia

Chris Evans in Cannes

16 May 2008 05:18

Future Films signs Karolina Kurkova and Kevin McKidd to Parasomnia

British star Kevin McKidd (The Last Legion, Trainspotting) and Victoria's Secret model Karolina Kurkova have signed as the leads in Future Films' and MilCoz Films' psychological horror Parasomnia.

Written and directed by Modigliani director Mick Davis, Parasomnia tells the story of a woman who is haunted by constant nightmares following her father's death.

The film is scheduled for a July shoot in North Carolina and will take advantage of Future Films' US tax credit package cash-flowing the production against enabling producers to exploit the State by State tax breaks.

Joy Mellins and Costa Theo at Milcoz Films are producing alongside Albert Martinez Martin at Future Films. Marina Fuentes at Spanish outfit 6 Sales is handling global sales.

Kevin McKidd will next be seen in Guy Moshe's Bunraku alongside Josh Hartnett, Demi Moore, Ron Perlman and Woddy Harrelson, which is being sold in Cannes.

What's it like to date a supermodel?

By WHITNEY CASEY

TOOLS

Email

Get section feed

Print

Recommend

Comments (4)

Yahoo! Buzz

RESOURCES

Top supermodels

Thirty-four-year-old JT from Sugar Land is dying to find a place where models hang out. Regan, who is 27 and from Houston, wants to know the best way to approach a model in order to get a date. Meantime, 40-year-old Marcus from The Woodlands questions whether mere mortals can actually date models.

Marcus, Reagan and JT are just a few of the slew of men who seemed to enjoy my April 20 interview with Victoria's Secret supermodel Karolina Kurkova. I'd love to say it was my snappy style and insightful questions that drew them in. But I'm more inclined to believe it was strictly the sultry picture of Karolina's perfect 6-foot body boasting her sleek new bra that attracted them.

Model mania

Because the e-mails continue to pour in (no, I can't give out her number), I decided to revisit the subject. I had also interviewed über-supermodel Heidi Klum on KHOU's Great Day Houston. Klum and Kurkova's personal dating experiences may be a hyperbole of beauty to us beasts, but I wondered, just how do the supermodels size up men's ravenous demands for their presence. How do they lure them in and then keep them coming back for more?

A model MANopoly: Own the market on men

I posed the questions, what are the tools of the trade you use to get a MANopoly? And how do you own the market on men? Heidi's response: "If you are going to wear lingerie around a man, you have to have the attitude to back it up. Guys are attracted to looks and a great attitude — one that is funny, sexy, sultry. Guys like that, and it comes across as sexy to men."

Of course, Heidi is happily married to rocker Seal. But with her new little family and her big career, she says she makes sure to stay in a sexy attitude for her man as much as she can. Yes, to be irresistible, you need to eat right, drink water, keep healthy, put on makeup, sexy clothes and smell good for your man — and not only when it is Valentine's Day or a honeymoon. "Try to do something every day that makes you feel like you do on these special days," she says. Come on ladies, you know we are the same way. We don't just want flowers from our men on Valentine's or our anniversary, we want them every day. Men are the same way; they want you sexy every day.

What ya put out, ya get back

As a single supermodel, Kurkova agrees with Klum about being vigilant about hair, makeup and health to stay sexy. But she adds a mental aspect to the game. "It is about what you put out there that you get back," she says. "You have to think you are going to attract something to attract it back."

But she also warns about a fine balance between radiating sexy and self-confident and just plain throwing sex out there for men. "What I see with a lot of women, especially in my industry, is that women are easily giving it up. Look at what they are wearing — all breasts, legs and bare bellies. They are putting their bodies out there but leaving their minds behind."

Kurkova believes this lets men think they have a free ticket to walk all over women. They are projecting that they don't have much else to offer than just a hot body. "When men see you just offer your body, then they realize that is what you identify yourself with. That's when they can take advantage of you and pick on your body parts, like, 'Oh, sweetie, you are a little soft here or a little too chubby there.' "

She believes women open the door to this type of treatment when they dress with too much showing. "They are just reinforcing the fact that they are all about looks, so men will prey on that and make them just that — all about looks."

Seduction at a snail's pace

Both supermodels agree in the art of seduction, but suggest going super slowly. "First date, you should wear one sexy thing at a time," Kurkova says. She suggests a looser fit, yet lower-cut blouse or a sheer type of blouse that leads a man to look but doesn't show him everything. "On the next date, add another sexy component to your outfit, like maybe a skirt with a slit to show some of your thigh, but this time wear a more conservative top." Her theory is that the hard-to-get vibe starts with your wardrobe and then continues through to your dating attitudes and conversation.

"Switch things up; keep him guessing. 'How is she going to behave this time?' 'What is she going to reveal both physically and mentally to me?' Even the most beautiful models forget this and become unattractive to men," Kurkova says.

An unattractive model — no way!

"Yes!" Kurkova says, "I have seen some of the world's most beautiful models ruin it with men because they don't have any mystery to them, and they come off as too self-sufficient. They aren't ladies in the traditional sense." Letting a man open the door, pay for dinner or even order for you can make him feel like you are letting him be a man, Kurkova says. Then you can slowly seduce him with the feminine powers you have by keeping him dreaming about what will come next. You will be unstoppable, supermodel or not.

Goodbye, granny panties

Although thorough and firm in her beliefs on being more feminine and mysterious, Kurkova won't end the interview without this alert for all women: "No matter what, when it comes time for sexy time, make sure you have a good matching lingerie set at the ready. I know of a few hundred in this catalog that would be perfect for any woman!" Spoken like a true Victoria's Secret spokesmodel. But it's true, no man sees mystery or femininity in grandma panties and a sports bra.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/casey/5747512.html

--------------------

you know, KK always comes across as being very smart AND sexy. she's a classy woman, incredibly sultry... and you can tell that she really THINKS about her responses. not just an empty-headed model. i really respect that about her. she's a fantastic spokeswoman for VS.

PRONOVIAS Commemorates the Grand Opening of the NY Flagship Store with New Yorkers For Children, NYC (May 8, x7)

th_44259_Karolina_Kurkova-PRONOVIAS_Grand_opening-05_08_2008-HQ1_122_652lo.jpgth_44267_Karolina_Kurkova-PRONOVIAS_Grand_opening-05_08_2008-HQ2_122_1052lo.jpgth_44274_Karolina_Kurkova-PRONOVIAS_Grand_opening-05_08_2008-HQ3_122_159lo.jpgth_44287_Karolina_Kurkova-PRONOVIAS_Grand_opening-05_08_2008-HQ4_122_55lo.jpgth_44289_Karolina_Kurkova-PRONOVIAS_Grand_opening-05_08_2008-HQ5_122_153lo.jpgth_44407_Karolina_Kurkova-PRONOVIAS_Grand_opening-05_08_2008-HQ6_122_41lo.jpgth_44416_Karolina_Kurkova-PRONOVIAS_Grand_opening-05_08_2008-HQ7_122_225lo.jpg

Beautiful dress!

And I love her shoes, here.

Me too! And she's worn them before. At the Victoria's Secret "Dream Angels Heavenly" fragrance launch. :) ~~~> post-4559-1211083791_thumb.jpg