- Kate Upton

Still missing from last year

- Cintia Dicker

- Julie Ordon

- Dominique Piek

- Zoe Duchesne

- Sonia Dara

- Genevieve Morton

Bar confirmed she's not doing SI & Daniella Sarahyba gave birth just a few weeks ago so i don't think she will be there either ... They must get Cintia & Julie back, i loved them for 2010 :cry:

MissLimaVzla keep me updated with the list please.

added list

Jazmie Tookes

Alyssa Miller

I think you can add Jasmine Tookes to the list? She confirmed herself, not once, but twice, the she also tweeted about how awesome her SI shoot was & blablabla

& im sure somebody in this thread mentioned a girl who looked like Candice Boucher or Alyssa Miller? ... It is Alyssa Miller

^ Jasmine?! Really? she's a beautiful girl but i can't imagine her doing SI, purely because she has a very high fashion body, but it'll be cool to see her photos :) and Jessica is WAY better than Ashley- and i'm not just saying that because im an avid Gossip Girl fan! :rofl:

I like Ashley a lot better than Jessica >.< ... But if it was up to me i'll keep singers/actress/non-models out of SI :laugh:

& Jasmine already deleted her SI-related tweets, i guess they told her to do it just like Iza

I wanted Candice too, but meh, Alyssa is good too :) & i know it's her because i did some research & i saw/found a couple of things that made me 100% sure that it is Alyssa. Im sure as hell she is there

BTW, this year SI is going to release a 3-D dvd, im guessing it will be like the special they air on Tv every year with all the models talking about their locations & blabla ... I think it comes out the same day as the mag but im not sure

I don't know, im gonna ask to see what they say ... But i don't think they will show on Tv the same thing they are going to sell you on dvd, but who knows. & if it does air then it will be probably the same week as the mag comes out, so it should be around Feb. 15th

However i think that if it airs it should be on CNBC because the SI special from 2009 aired there & the Model Bussiness Inside SI thing from 2010 also aired in that channel ... But im Latin America it will air on TNT since it always does, in fact last year we got a Tv special from SI 2010 that didn't air in the US.

Jealous. I watched the business model program last year and it was actually really interesting. I'm hoping they U-Stream like they did last year too, it was really cool to have that whole week taking us behind the scenes and letting fans ask questions to the girls and to the editors. It seemed like a success, so hopefully they go with round 2.

As for the video, I know they've been filming all the scenes for about a month now, and just wrapped....yesterday for everything. So now it's down to editing and putting it together, then the release on Feb 15th! It's sweet that we've figured out a decent number of rookies for this year too. Sort of ruins a bit of the surprise and all, but it's fun all at one time. Can't wait to see the final result.

Also, thanks for the updates MissLimaVzla, if you hear anything else keep updating!

Im kind of confused with the rookie thing, because they shot like three girls & then they said that a blonde girl was Rookie #1 & when they shot Kate Upton they said she was Rookie #5 & the last rookie, but then just days ago they shot Jasmine Tookes for the first time & she has never been on SI before so she obviously is a rookie too? :blink:

This issue is going to have like 100 models :laugh:

They went back and shot everyone again for video and other still work, so everyone had a second go....or possibly 3 with Julie and Irina at least, as they were featured twice working with MJ and Darcie already! They called it a model factory, haha, sending them in and out, so maybe that's how it worked?

I don't know, im gonna ask to see what they say ... But i don't think they will show on Tv the same thing they are going to sell you on dvd, but who knows. & if it does air then it will be probably the same week as the mag comes out, so it should be around Feb. 15th

However i think that if it airs it should be on CNBC because the SI special from 2009 aired there & the Model Bussiness Inside SI thing from 2010 also aired in that channel ... But im Latin America it will air on TNT since it always does, in fact last year we got a Tv special from SI 2010 that didn't air in the US.

I don't think I have that channel, I need to double check my tv guide. I use to like it when they used to air it in spike.

All the pics from Darcie's twitter from the last shoot

x2_40c1db9.jpg x2_40ee38f.jpg x2_40f342f.jpg x2_41b5973.jpg x2_41c9bf0.jpg x2_41eb9dd.jpg x2_41ec7c7.jpg x2_418f598.jpg x2_421b695.jpg x2_422acc5.jpg th_3ee9a0114987701.jpg/monthly_01_2011/post-18831-0-1593825124-3427_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="x2_412029f.jpg"> x2_4143427.jpg

Sports Illustrated is adding a new dimension — literally — to its yearly swimsuit issue. The magazine has a tie-in with Sony Network Entertainment to distribute a 3-D swimsuit video over PlayStation and other Sony formats.

The 30-minute 3-D video will be available February 15 — when SI rolls out the print issue — for rental or purchase on Playstation 3, and for rental on Video (video) on Demand powered by Qriocity via Sony’s 3-D-compatable 2010 and 2011 Bravia HDTVs and Blu (Blu)-ray Disc players. The 3-D video will be $7.99 to buy and $4.99 to rent. A 2-D version will go for $6.99 and $3.99, respectively.

The agreement builds on a partnership between Sony and SI, which collaborated on the Making of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2010 video. It also comes as Sony joins a raft of other consumer electronics manufacturers including Samsung, Vizio and LG in rolling out 3-D TVs over the past year. On the programming end, Sony has worked with Imax and Discovery to bring 3-D programming to the small screen.

Sports Illustrated added 3-D to its print swimsuit edition in 2000. Since then, the title has offered various multimedia hooks including videos over iTunes and mobile downloads. As a result, somewhat fewer people are buying the print swimsuit issue — sales were 1.1 million last year vs. 1.3 million in 2005 — but the franchise has racked up big numbers on the web. Last year, in a six-week period following publication, the swimsuit edition drove 11 million uniques and 100 million video views as well as 1 million downloads of an iPhone app. The title also began offering Flipboard Pages on its iPad app in December.

According to the Audit Bureau of Circulations, Sports Illustrated’s circulation in 2009 was around 3.2 million, flat with the year before.

“One of the things about Sports Illustrated is they’re always a leading innovator whether in print or in digital,” says Samir Husni, founder and director of the Magazine Innovation Center at the University of Mississippi. “This is yet another powerful example of how a brand can leverage its name and go where the audience is regardless of the platform.”

From mashable.com

They don't sell the DVDs I think they give them away to subscribers of the magazine.

They do sell the dvd's the article that i just posted includes the price of the dvd & all ... I still don't know if they're going to air an special this year, & if they do probably won't be the exact same contents because the Tv special from 2010 (that only aired in Latinamerica, thanks Tnt :heart: ) was different from the contents on the Playstation thing.

I might be in NYC just in time to buy the mag&dvd, im uber.happy/excited about this issue just because of that :laugh: