Bellazon

Ines Sastre
Thumbnail

foversta

Hola Prejean and Cositas !

Thanks so much for all the new (and, I must say, stunning) material. :wave:

Clear, in the early nineties did Sastre leave unforgettable pics. She still was nothing( I mean: not much among zillions of other cute girls), nonetheless you already could feel with blatant evidence from every group photo how unique she was.

Sadly, today is a different story.....time is unforgiving

Cheers,

post-29239-1327420704_thumb.jpgpost-29239-1327420722_thumb.jpgpost-29239-1327420739_thumb.jpg

absolutely d'accord.....

I don't know how, where neither why but she is not the same

She has lost her "who knows waht" in the way till today........................................

But we always will have memories :)

:wave:

Si te digo la verdad, cositas_buenas, la revista en sí, al margen del editorial de Inés, no vale un pimiento... Es una compilación de lugares comunes y político correctismo (políticas ‘fashion’ (what?), madres multifunción, novias de futbolista, publirreportajes torpemente solapados, etc). Desde luego, quienquiera que guarde revistas de finales de los 80 y principios de los 90 (ediciones nacionales, pero principalmente internacionales), no sé si es consciente del TESORO que tiene entre sus manos. Eso sí era glamour, creatividad y belleza. A mí es que el abuso del Photoshop y la languidez post-rock de hoy día me aburren soberanamente...

De jovencita, así como ‘asilvestrada’, sin sofisticar en exceso, es verdad que era preciosa. Aun recuerdo la imagen que le tomó García-Alix capturando esa belleza tan natural e inocente.

Sorry, specdude... Is that I still don´t know how to put small photos on the forum. If you can guide me I will be grateful :hug:

Polaroids by Jonathan Lennard for an editorial (Vogue Spain, 1989):

post-33008-0-1445993767-01553_thumb.jpg

Photo by Chico Bialas:

post-33008-0-1445993767-03108_thumb.jpg

Regards to all :wave:

de verdad que sí................... es aburrida hasta decir basta.................. como la mayoría de las revistas de hoy en día, salvo ciertas editoriales o portadas............ ni siquiera vogue españa, que últimamente está apostando por nombres famosos, logra hacer editoriales de calidad, simplemente nombres, sin más criterio para llenar papel cuché

y hace falta creatividad y mucho, mucho estilo, para no caer en el olvido una vez cierras la contraportada

gracias por las nuevas fotos, son maravillosas: el editorial de esas polaroid lo posteé hace poco........ es maravilloso!

saludos cordiales!

Hi, Provolone!... the maintenance of Inés, yes, I suppose it also helps to have been ‘official Lancôme’ in the last 15 years and a stubborn smoker (and a stubborn ‘disfrutona’, as they say around here (Spain)). However, I believe that´s still very sexy.

Cositas_buenas: muy cierto lo que apuntas. Con los cuadernos de Lindbergh y Weber para Vogue España aun nos podemos dar con un canto en los dientes; por lo demás, harta de que se le preste tanta atención a cuatro celebrities advenedizas y de que siga estirándose el chicle-cliché noventero de las superwomen (madres-trabajadoras-solidarias-blablablá)... El editorial que subiste de las polaroids, maravilloso...

¡Saludos!

Later (maybe this weekend) I will upload more ‘archaeological archives’, which at the moment I'm quite busy ... A kiss, guys!

post-57741-0-1445993767-34483_thumb.jpg

Measures in 1989:

Height/Altura: 5´8/1.73 (feet/inches - centimetres or centimeters). Dress Size/Talla: 6/36. Bust/Pecho: 32/81. Waist/Cintura: 23/58. Hips/Caderas: 34/86. Shoes/Zapato: 7 1/2-8/39. Hair/Cabello: Brown/Castaño. Eyes/Ojos: Brown/Castaños.

post-57741-0-1445993767-35251_thumb.jpg

Composite pic for Elite: Paco Navarro.

Hi, Provolone!... the maintenance of Inés, yes, I suppose it also helps to have been ‘official Lancôme’ in the last 15 years and a stubborn smoker (and a stubborn ‘disfrutona’, as they say around here (Spain)). However, I believe that´s still very sexy.

¡Saludos!

@ prejean

I would rather stay on Cositas' side: it is not so much a matter of still being today sexy or enjoying high skin quality (which anyway would be a VERY narrow view of her charm)

It's more that indeed she does not look the same as earlier, as she had lost her touch...

I see now void and uninspired pics of an ageing diva relying on her status, nothing more.

PS It is true also that not everybody had B. Rheims' talent at Lancôme in making pics of her :blush:

Cheers,

post-29239-1327483403_thumb.jpg

@Provolone: Oh, I didn´t know that photos of Trésor (Lancôme) were Bettina Rheims (good fact). Yes, I understand your perception, and of course share it. It's inevitable physical toll to pay time and experience.

By the way, lovely cover of Blanco & Negro :wub:

A hug! :hug:

Photos from Rolling Stone (Spain), august 2000 & GQ (Spain), october 2003.

Vogue Italia, 1992. Photo: Walter Chin (from Anna dello Russo´s page).

Max (France), "Special Top Models" (1994) & photographic serie "Muchachas" (Sevilla, 1992). Both Giovanni Cozzi. With the spanish model, Carmen San Martin.

San Martin´s composite (Elite Model Management)

post-57741-1327496682_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1327496696_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1327496729_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1327496788_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1327496804_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1327496814_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1327496825_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1327496836_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1327496845_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1327496857_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1327496868_thumb.jpg

@Provolone: Yes, I understand your perception, and of course share it. It's inevitable physical toll to pay time and experience.

By the way, lovely cover of Blanco & Negro :wub:

A hug! :hug:

You are welcome :)

To make my point clear, it is not really that I regret the (unavoidable) toll from age- it's rather that those untalented photographs constantly failing to capture her distinctive charm are a shame - on their agenda: heavy make-ups, prima donna ridiculous clothes and attitudes, empty expression in the eyes, etc - nothing to get out from there.

Obviously there are some (rare) exceptions

post-29239-1327502634_thumb.jpg

PS another one from Blanco & Nero

post-29239-1327508039_thumb.jpg

...Her naturalness and freshness were her greatest asset... qualities that seem to have disappeared.

That is the point - but even more than sheer naturalness.

Actually what was unique in that girl (IMHO) was that paradoxically she managed to convey both such an aristocratic look and such freshness.

Tatler Russia was deeply shocking indeed - an epitome of bad taste and, above all, missing the essentials of her.

Is a pity that Inés no contact now with good fashion production equipment.

Absolutely. That's also why Lancôme was a massive bonanza...

Best (and sorry if re-post)

post-29239-1327509031_thumb.jpg

Pronovias spring/summer 1991. Photo: Antoni Bernad.

Inés must have 17 or 18 years when Bernard took these photographs.

@Provolone: Je suis absolument d'accord avec vous

I think that if she hadn´t had an exclusive contract with Lancôme perhaps could have fit perfectly as the face of Chanel or Valentino, possibilities of course hardly be realized.

post-57741-1327514349_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1327514365_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1327514387_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1327514407_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1327514424_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1327514438_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1327514458_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1327514470_thumb.jpg

Cositas_buenas: muy cierto lo que apuntas. Con los cuadernos de Lindbergh y Weber para Vogue España aun nos podemos dar con un canto en los dientes; por lo demás, harta de que se le preste tanta atención a cuatro celebrities advenedizas y de que siga estirándose el chicle-cliché noventero de las superwomen (madres-trabajadoras-solidarias-blablablá)... El editorial que subiste de las polaroids, maravilloso...

¡Saludos!

para mi gusto, mejor el de lindbergh, el de weber ya es un poco repetitivo, siempre con los labradores, no sale de lo mismo................... mu cansino ya a estas alturas, veinte años viendo las mismas composiciones

y lo de las celebrities, es q cuando las actrices y/o celebrities se ponen de moda........... pero claro, una cosa es cate blanchett y otra sara carbonero................. para mi forma de entender una revista de moda, el arte y la creatividad, lo ideal es el vogue italia de los años 90, eso sí que era moda en mayúsculas!!!! el increíble genio de meisel no tenía límites, era asombroso, luego decayó un poquillo, pero recuerdo esos vogues con admiración

y en cuanto a inés, ha perdido muchísimo.......... ya no es la que era, lamentablemente, y debo decir que es mi mdelo española favorita, eh???? pero ahora la veo y ha perdido candidez, expresividad, y muchas cosas que sí tenía hasta más o menos mitad d los noventa. después, poca cosa brillante, y más de una lamentable................

gracias por compartir tus archivos, y por recordar viejos tiempos, era tan tan adorable!

el composite de elite es magnífico! no conocía esa foto y me ha fascinado, de verdad, muchas gracias por compartirla

estoy deseando que desempolves......... jaja

saludos cordiales desde el sur!

You're absolutely right, Provolone, I understand what you mean: photo shoots of questionable taste (eg: ines_2.png), senseless exploitation of latin myth (Elle Spain, october 2010), emulating divas like María Félix or Sophia Loren, etc...

Is a pity that Inés no contact now with good fashion production equipment. She has memorable images, like those of Avedon, Weber, Comte, Max Mara catalog... Her naturalness and freshness were her greatest asset... qualities that seem to have disappeared.

- Spanish edition of Elite Model Look 1992 contest organized by the Spanish magazine Ragazza: Inés (she was sworn in this issue) with John Casablancas, Nieves Álvarez and Eugenia Silva (ex aequo winners).

- With Kim Rossi Stuart in Beyond the Clouds (1995)

- The Pirelli Calendar 1997, Women of the World, signed by Richard Avedon (left: El País Semanal cover, december 1996). Red dress (right) by John Galliano.

- No makeup in the book Untitled 116 (2006) by Peter Lindbergh (from the website of photographer)

dioooosssss

nieves alvarez y eugenia silva están absolutamente irreconocibles..................... bueno, nieves está bastante operadilla, y eugenia sabía que también se había hecho sus cositas, pero hasta ese punto....................

la portada de el país semanal es genial!! pero avedon lo era, así que............ yo también la guardo, es una de mis favoritas :)