Bellazon

Ines Sastre
Thumbnail

foversta

Pages after pages of new (actually old) pics to save on my hard drive! :drool:

Sometimes this thread gets amazingly active when I'm away for a while. Thank you everyone for your great contributions!

Welcome prejean! Spanish Inés Sastre admirers are an asset because you have access to great material.

I don't remember when I have seen this many new pictures of Inés. Makes me dizzy! :| :wub:

The truth is that both Inés as Judit Mascó became the ambassadors of the Spanish beauty in the early nineties (Seville Universal Exhibition, Barcelona Olympic Games...). They both occupied a number of covers and editorials in Spanish publications. Before them, Violeta Sánchez (muse of Helmut Newton and Yves Saint Laurent) or

(image of Opium perfume in the eighties) had open season, but only knew them a very specific audience. Inés was a kind of Lolita -cet obscur objet du désir - and Judit representing a type of healthy and sexy girl. But have spent so many years that it´s very difficult to find material of that time.

Many regards to ALL :wave: !

The truth is that both Inés as Judit Mascó became the ambassadors of the Spanish beauty in the early nineties (Seville Universal Exhibition, Barcelona Olympic Games...). They both occupied a number of covers and editorials in Spanish publications.

And what is Sastre's status today in Spain ? Is she regarded as something special, or just another cover girl with very long lifetime ?

:wave:

The truth is that both Inés as Judit Mascó became the ambassadors of the Spanish beauty in the early nineties (Seville Universal Exhibition, Barcelona Olympic Games...). They both occupied a number of covers and editorials in Spanish publications.

And what is Sastre's status today in Spain ? Is she regarded as something special, or just another cover girl with very long lifetime ?

Well, Provolone, in general, she enjoys of a good reputation at professional level: she has had a long-lived career, an important contract dilated in time (Lancôme), shares star (as the Pirelli calendar with Avedon)... Let's say there are two factions, one that appreciates she as a professional model and a more insidious (and nosy and intrusive) that judges Inés as a public figure (though somehow exiled) and speculates about her sentimental life, her alleged affair with wealthy men, and so on. Overall, I would say that Inés has a professional reputation in Spain, she´s a good publicity gimmick, with a trajectory. Then there´s the approach of Inés in private to the right social cliques, but that, in my opinion, is another matter.

A Spanish journalist, Jesús Rodríguez, three years ago wrote a sketch about Inés in the book El club de las mujeres ambiciosas (The club of ambitious women (2009)): her chapter entitled Inés Sastre: la modelo cerebral (Inés Sastre: The brain model). I haven´t read, so I can not say in the matter.

post-57741-1328099758_thumb.jpg

Well, Provolone, in general, she enjoys of a good reputation at professional level: she has had a long-lived career, an important contract dilated in time (Lancôme), shares star (as the Pirelli calendar with Avedon)... Let's say there are two factions, one that appreciates she as a professional model and a more insidious (and nosy and intrusive) that judges Inés as a public figure (though somehow exiled) and speculates about her sentimental life, her alleged affair with wealthy men, and so on. Overall, I would say that Inés has a professional reputation in Spain, she´s a good publicity gimmick, with a trajectory. Then there´s the approach of Inés in private to the right social cliques, but that, in my opinion, is another matter.

@ prejean

Thanks so much for the details - I would also hold for nothing all the buzz about her private life - sheer envy from some poor minus habens, nothing more.

My question was rather twofold:

1) Is she still very much bankable today ?

2) And in the past (1990+), was she really considered to be above all other Spanish model (eg, as the "face" of Spain, or even as a kind of "unofficial" ambassador of the country) ? Or just being one among many other famous models in the country ?

Best,

post-29239-1328102099_thumb.jpg

1) Is she still very much bankable today ?

Well, maybe she can be the image of today's most exclusive products, reserved for more affluent audience (Tag Heuer, Tiffany & Co, Bally, Pirelli pneumatic ...). She represents a solid image, but focused on a more mature audience.

2) And in the past (1990+), was she really considered to be above all other Spanish model (eg, as the "face" of Spain, or even as a kind of "unofficial" ambassador of the country) ? Or just being one among many other famous models in the country ?

No, she had a strong international image through the mid-nineties, in my opinion, then replaced it in that aspect Esther Cañadas (multimillion-dollar contract with Donna Karan, Vogue Italia editorials, prêt-à-porter and haute couture fashion shows in Milan and Paris, etc), and to a lesser extent, Eugenia Silva (Oscar de la Renta, Carrera & Carrera, Givenchy perfume, etc). After the last two have been Marina Pérez (infinity of international fashion shows) and Jon Kortajarena (Tom Ford in particular). But, as with the covers of Anna Wintour´s Vogue, the actresses have become the new "voices of glamour", and if so, to whom more has been promoted in at that point ("official ambassador") has been to Penélope Cruz.

Oh I see, so nothing above-average, actually.....

I would have expected more (but obviously there is a little bit bias in my judgment :blush: )

Well, she remains one of the most important Spanish models of all time, but the business has changed, now they are much younger and anonymous girls occupying the fashion shows, these girls also have a less powerful, more diluted.

Other important Spanish models in the nineties were Laura Ponte (Vasari, Extè, Loewe, etc) and Nieves Álvarez (she participated in many haute couture fashion shows of Yves Saint Laurent).

Majorities don't usually have taste. Inés Sastre's fame is ridiculously microscopic compared to how special she is. :whistle:

I would have expected more (but obviously there is a little bit bias in my judgment :blush: )

Don't expect majorities to agree with you if you have taste. ;)

Majorities don't usually have taste. Inés Sastre's fame is ridiculously microscopic compared to how special she is. :whistle:

Don't expect majorities to agree with you if you have taste. ;)

It´s true, worshipper pa, if we consider that the canon of modern beauty are represented by Natasha Poly or Karlie Kloss :cry: , I also prefer the beauty of Inés.

- Madrid, 2002. Ph.: Manuel Outumuro.

post-57741-1328115631_thumb.jpg

... Before I forgot to mention the great Helena Barquilla, born in 1971 (Thierry Mugler, Claude Montana, Vivienne Westwood, Christian Dior, Prada, Escada, etc).

¡Qué! All this talk of Spanish modles an no mention of Almudena Fernandez? (my favorite) I'm devastated. :shock:

post-57741-0-1445993768-75589_thumb.jpg

Well, B&O Railroad, to make it up to a picture of Almudena also made ​​Outumuro. Accept my apologies :flower:

post-57741-1328117517_thumb.jpg

It´s true, worshipper pa, if we consider that the canon of modern beauty are represented by Natasha Poly or Karlie Kloss :cry: , I also prefer the beauty of Inés.

Much beyond sheer beauty, and as you were pointing very rightly in a previous post, those type of young models do not express anything (I mean: they tell you absolutely no story) - just interchangeable and evanescent dummies.

I understand that Lancome after I. Rossellini and I. Sastre, is struggling to compensate on that point (probably they will never manage to get back to such a high degree).

Best and sorry if repost,

post-29239-1328181063_thumb.jpg

Much beyond sheer beauty, and as you were pointing very rightly in a previous post, those type of young models do not express anything (I mean: they tell you absolutely no story) - just interchangeable and evanescent dummies.

I understand that Lancome after I. Rossellini and I. Sastre, is struggling to compensate on that point (probably they will never manage to get back to such a high degree).

Best and sorry if repost,

post-29239-1328181063_thumb.jpg

The problem, Provolone, is that, surely, having beautiful or very beautiful women, companies prefer to opt for innocuous/anodine or tortured beauty, like Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander (I have nothing against her, care). But the eternal feminine, to me, is something else.

The problem, Provolone, is that, surely, having beautiful or very beautiful women, companies prefer to opt for innocuous/anodine or tortured beauty, like Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander (I have nothing against her, care). But the eternal feminine, to me, is something else.

No that was not my point - I was just referring to brand essence. Rossellini and Sastre did 1) convey something and 2) this something very much in accordance with the DNA of Lancôme. Those two girls did more for this company than many many talented marketers. and not for nothing did Lindsay-Jones regularly meet with both - beyond being very fond of cute girls :evil: :evil: - : he was knowing very well what the EPS of L'Oreal owed them. Nor for no reason had they such a long contract.

Not so for their pale followers (do not convey anything).

post-29239-1328195860_thumb.jpg