Bellazon

Ines Sastre
Thumbnail

foversta

«Wow, girls ! - I did not know one could take it so seriously about magazines !»

Well, lol, isn´t taken seriously, at least in my case is like a hobby, I always liked fashion and photography (fashion and in general), and like some people, for example, collect stamps, model airplanes or whatever, there are people who like all the "sociological" and cultural fashion -"Fashion isn´t confined to clothes. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what´s happening", Coco Chanel-. This is how I conceive it personally.

Big kiss, Provolone :hug:

- ELLE Spain, november 1996 (I think the pics are from Paco Navarro).

like you, the first mag i bougth (too much years ago) was very important for me: the ads, artistically shooted, and the portraits, were what i more liked

and after that... i wasn't be able to stop!

it's the only thing i spend some money constantly well, you know, this and books, pics, or my paint stuff.............. and it's a hobby, very peculiar, i know, but it's the thing i more like it :laugh:

and, think for a moment, when i begun keeping pics, ads, covers, etc., didn't exist the internet so it was n o possibility of being up to date in each moment, so, for me it's still more valuable a good shoot in paper :)

:wave:

@ Cositas & Prejean

Oh, I see - you both are right, and I fully understand that being a (wise) collectioneur might be quite of a pleasure indeed.

To me, Sastre is a different thing, actually not related to magazines. She is a genuine aestethic and philosophic experience, in fact just as an artwork - you see what I mean -.

Best,

PS is this one young enough to your taste ?

post-29239-1327676986.jpg

@ Cositas & Prejean

Oh, I see - you both are right, and I fully understand that being a (wise) collectioneur might be quite of a pleasure indeed.

To me, Sastre is a different thing, actually not related to magazines. She is a genuine aestethic and philosophic experience, in fact just as an artwork - you see what I mean -.

Best,

PS is this one young enough to your taste ?

post-29239-1327676986.jpg

Yes, @Provolone, I understand your concept of Inés as a philosophical idea, like for example, Griet in Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier. An idea of sweetness, innocence, mundane and supreme beauty at once, youth and candor... as Botticelli's Venus or Dante's Francesca... the idea of ​​classical beauty embodied in one physical.

Yes, I guess it´s an inaprehensible concept, emotion or feeling, however, I love your description («... I guess everybody having looked at such a painting can only remain deeply shocked, and wants to be a better person after :heart: :heart: :heart: »). Stendhal Syndrome (not in a medical sense, but ethical and aesthetic).

:hug:

Yes, I guess it´s an inaprehensible concept, emotion or feeling, however, I love your description («... I guess everybody having looked at such a painting can only remain deeply shocked, and wants to be a better person after :heart: :heart: :heart: »). Stendhal Syndrome (not in a medical sense, but ethical and aesthetic).

:hug:

Yes.

Stendhal is for sure a very appropriate reference.

:flower:

The Making of Pirelli Clendar 1997 (N.Y.C.): Ling Tang, Cordula Reyer, Sophie Patitz, Anna Klevhag, Honor Fraser, Richard Avedon, Inés Sastre (minute 01:10), Waris Dirie, Monica Bellucci, Gisele Zelauy, Kristina Semenovskaia, Irina Pantaeva, Tatiana Zavialova, Jenny Shimizu, Marie Sophie Wilson-Carr, Annie Morton, Julia Ortiz, Shana Zadrick?, Brandi Quiñones & Nikki Uberti (FTV.com).

post-57741-1327757858_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1327757872_thumb.jpg

Inés in the New Year's Eve gala TVE (January 1, 1992) with

(I think) and

in the movies Vidocq (2001), with Guillaume Canet and Gérard Depardieu, The Lost City (2005), with Andy García, Volpone (TV 2003), with G. Depardieu.

*Correction: the co-host wasn´t N. Dueñas, but Ricardo Fernández Deu.

In the picture, Inés with Enrique del Pozo (Spanish singer) at the gala "Por fin, 1992" filmed in Lloret de Mar.

@Cositas, I read that you attend at the Expo´92: I still remember when TV broadcast a catwalk, I think in the Italian pavilion (the stage mimicked the steps of the Piazza di Spagna, Rome), which included Monica Bellucci, Marpessa Hennink and Inés Sastre (apparently also were Karen Mulder, Carla Bruni, Claudia Mason and Yasmin Le Bon, though I don´t remember... I think the clothing that was exhibited by Giorgio Armani, among other designers). I even remember the music that rang during the show, Ain't No Sunshine (When She's Gone), of Bill Withers. She looked so young there!

post-57741-1327867128_thumb.jpg

In the picture, Inés with Enrique del Pozo (Spanish singer) at the gala "Por fin, 1992" filmed in Lloret de Mar.

@Cositas, I read that you attend at the Expo´92: I still remember when TV broadcast a catwalk, I think in the Italian pavilion (the stage mimicked the steps of the Piazza di Spagna, Rome), which included Monica Bellucci, Marpessa Hennink and Inés Sastre (apparently also were Karen Mulder, Carla Bruni, Claudia Mason and Yasmin Le Bon, though I don´t remember... I think the clothing that was exhibited by Giorgio Armani, among other designers). I even remember the music that rang during the show, Ain't No Sunshine (When She's Gone), of Bill Withers. She looked so young there!

@ Prejean THANKS!!

Souvenir, souvenir....

Here another recall. This was at the French TV, probably by 1993 or 1994. You had different young people quietly sitting around a large table (do not ask why the hell I was absent-mindedly watching that kind of program :ninja: ) being interviewed because they had some original life. Each had his or her own little story to tell.

Well, I remember very distinctely that brunette, smiling and somewhat shy girl explaining in turn, with some accent and not so much fluency that she was doing some castings, and studying as well some obscure stuff at the faculty.

Today, I'm pretty certain she was Sastre (at the time I did not even know that she existed) - She was a discrete beauty this day (flat hair and no too much make up), as the purpose was no to show off, it was just a talk among youngsters - yet almost 20 years after I can still recall vividly how she was radiating incredible grace around the table. All the other people were just fascinated - and myself also, probably.

PS always wondered also how her comrades at La Sorbonne could study more than half a minute in the day when she was there... :whistle:

Interesting theory, #Provolone, before the university made ​​don´t we both go to college as now, that seems to go to a Victoria's Secret fashion show instead of to faculty to study (at least this is so in Spain, especially in some career). I think Inés is a bit "parodied" herself with her cameo in the movie "Sabrina" (1995), appearing sideways on the terrace of a cafe in Paris. She always radiated a special light.

... and continue with antiques:

(1) Spanish candidates to contest Elite Model Look / Look of the Year 1990 with Inés: who recognizes among them Penélope Cruz, Arancha del Sol and Goya Toledo?

(2) Inés in the international final of Elite Model Look 1990 with Cindy Crawford (September 12, The Palace, São Paulo, Brazil).

(3) Inés with the Spanish representative of the contest Elite Model Look 1991, Marta Ortega (September 4, New York Plaza Hotel, NY).

Images taken from here.

post-57741-1328027954_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1328027967_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1328027977_thumb.jpg