Bellazon

Inception

Cult Icon

Sounds like that absolutely dreadful scene near the end of the Dark Knight.

Regarding your ranking system. What other films would you give a 4/5? And what is in your opinion a 5/5, 3/5 and so on... I guess this goes for anyone who has already seen it.

I rate mainly based on entertainment value and prior experience with the medium. If I watch the film once and want to see it again than it's likely going to be a 5/5 movie. A lot of competent films get 4/5 from me.

It's hard for me to give you a complete list. I haven't been interested in film for about two years. Also from Nolan: I would give the Batman Begins + Dark Knight (as one film) a 5/5. The Prestige 4/5. Memento 3.5/5

You must be amazing at fore play thats all im saying Nicole:

The build up is amazing, just wait till you reach the climax. ;)

(I'm such a nerd! :laugh: )

No, your cool...just found out that it's quite a wait till it comes out where i live :chicken:

..Forgot to tell you i did a blog for it Here

This comment kind of killed my interest in this film, which wasn't that big to be honest.

"Inception" is not the worst movie ever. In fact, a great many people may very much enjoy it. There are some fantastic visuals and... well... the visuals are good. The story-- rather, the various plot points which have been strung together in order to make some semblance of a story, is not as revolutionary as everyone seems to make it out to be. It is definitely no "2001: A Space Odyssey" or whatever great film which this has been compared to, it is a popcorn flick which would have you think that it is more intelligent than it really is because it introduces topics which are somewhat out of the ordinary, but have been addressed multiple times in far better movies movies and in literature. If you really have a hankerin' for movies about dreamlike realities, try watching "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" or even "The Matrix". I know while I was in the theater today, I was wishing that either of those movies were rolling instead of this one."

This paragraph is from a user review I found at Metacritic. The guy gave it a 4 out of 10, but he wrote a pretty long wall of text to expalin why. It didn't read like he was hating on the film just beacuse it's become so popular. Rather, he complained about the lack of character developement and a predictable plot. Other not so positive reviews I've seen also seem to confirm my fear of Dicaprio playing himself.

I'm sure I'll end up watching it, though. Someone is bound to drag my body to the movie theater just like with Avatar, but from what you people have written here I still think it could be entertaining.

I rate mainly based on entertainment value and prior experience with the medium. If I watch the film once and want to see it again than it's likely going to be a 5/5 movie. A lot of competent films get 4/5 from me.

It's hard for me to give you a complete list. I haven't been interested in film for about two years. Also from Nolan: I would give the Batman Begins + Dark Knight (as one film) a 5/5. The Prestige 4/5. Memento 3.5/5

Sounds about right. A movie's main purpose should be to entertain, so I hope it doesn't disappoint since I'm not asking for much.

That's it, I won't say more until I actually watch this with my own eyes.

^your views are gonna be so much more indepth when we discuss it :ninja: :p

This comment kind of killed my interest in this film, which wasn't that big to be honest.

"Inception" is not the worst movie ever. In fact, a great many people may very much enjoy it. There are some fantastic visuals and... well... the visuals are good. The story-- rather, the various plot points which have been strung together in order to make some semblance of a story, is not as revolutionary as everyone seems to make it out to be. It is definitely no "2001: A Space Odyssey" or whatever great film which this has been compared to, it is a popcorn flick which would have you think that it is more intelligent than it really is because it introduces topics which are somewhat out of the ordinary, but have been addressed multiple times in far better movies movies and in literature. If you really have a hankerin' for movies about dreamlike realities, try watching "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" or even "The Matrix". I know while I was in the theater today, I was wishing that either of those movies were rolling instead of this one."

This paragraph is from a user review I found at Metacritic. The guy gave it a 4 out of 10, but he wrote a pretty long wall of text to expalin why. It didn't read like he was hating on the film just beacuse it's become so popular. Rather, he complained about the lack of character developement and a predictable plot. Other not so positive reviews I've seen also seem to confirm my fear of Dicaprio playing himself.

I'm sure I'll end up watching it, though. Someone is bound to drag my body to the movie theater just like with Avatar, but from what you people have written here I still think it could be entertaining.

Sounds about right. A movie's main purpose should be to entertain, so I hope it doesn't disappoint since I'm not asking for much.

That's it, I won't say more until I actually watch this with my own eyes.

personally i never read reviews, because you can often watch things that were shit when the revier raved about it and visa versa. You shouldn't be easily swayed from that review and see what you think of it yourself. That goes with anything in life really

That Metacritic review is mildly condescending nonsense that comes with a ton of pre-conceived baggage.

I hope so.

personally i never read reviews, because you can often watch things that were shit when the revier raved about it and visa versa. You shouldn't be easily swayed from that review and see what you think of it yourself. That goes with anything in life really

Well, I just wanted to see what the other side of the coin looked like. Who knows. By setting myself up for disappointment I might end up pleasantly surprised.

i still havent seen it...damn i didnt read one bad responce anywhere on the net....must be aq crazy good movie! will def see it in the next few days!

Look harder. :laugh:

I actually liked the movie. My step dad is more of a 'entertain me' kind of movie goer so he isn't one who likes a movie that makes you think. My mom and I really did like Inception and it made sense to us, but step dad didn't seem to get it and kept asking questions. LOL.

S: I think you'll find it worth your while.

In the last ten years, great advances have been made in artificial intelligence and neuroscience. It's reached the point where traditional philosophy studies look rather feeble. How "Creativity" comes about is now better understood as well as how the brain changes & adapts to various stimuli. And how to model these facets into artificial creative intelligences. I am not surprised to see a director in on the trend. A lot of drama and film school students familiarize themselves with psychology studies and so forth.

I think films, while limited in their instructive capabilities, are good for popularizing ideas and the key phrase that stuck with me was "An idea is like a virus". Quite true.

I must admit I've only seen 3 of Nolan's films, the Batman flicks and Insomnia. The latter being some of the most forgettable 2 hours of my life. Granted, it was a remake and I remember the acting being the worst part, but yeah. I guess it is pretty obvious that I'm a bit skeptical about this one, but I promise I'll watch it with an open mind.