Bellazon

Greatest Classic Onscreen Couple Ever

spades24

Keep on pushing them, they'll make the DVD for you. :D

You're lucky there, we have fewer classic DVD's available here, and recently they publish them only with Spanish subtitles and I hate it, cause I usually watch all the American movies in English with English subtitles on too, if not, depending on the movie, I'm a bit lost. In fact, the 3 movies I mentioned, I got "Laura" and "Where the Sidewalk Ends" bought in the USA and zone 1, while "Anatomy of a Murder" is the local DVD from here.

And there's another problem, the last DVD I bought was more than a year and a half ago, I only buy blu-rays now, and you can count with your fingers all the classic movies BDs available so far.

I only have "Casablanca", "Gone With the Wind", "North by Northwest", "Miracle on 34 Street", "The Wizard of Oz", "Quo Vadis" and "The Day the Earth Stood Still".

And I haven't a multizone BD player yet, so if the BD from there is blocked I can't play it.

Thank you Theron!

Classic movies are really hard to find in stores here. I have to buy them off Amazon. Yeah it seems you got movies that are really popular.

I thought you didn't see gone with the wind?

I at least want 5 more votes please and thank you.

You're right, I haven't seen it yet, I recently bought the BD and I have it ready for some very long day available, cause 233 minutes is quite a lot...

I have "It's a Wonderful Life" on BD too by the way, I watched it last week once again, and I have seen "The African Queen" has been released too.

You're lucky there, we have fewer classic DVD's available here, and recently they publish them only with Spanish subtitles and I hate it, cause I usually watch all the American movies in English with English subtitles on too, if not, depending on the movie, I'm a bit lost. In fact, the 3 movies I mentioned, I got "Laura" and "Where the Sidewalk Ends" bought in the USA and zone 1, while "Anatomy of a Murder" is the local DVD from here.

Hey,

I just ordered Laura, it hasn't arrived yet but I hope its good. :laugh:

Spades there is a place online called Deep Discount,which if you watch for sales(which they are having right now)they are cheaper then amazon, still free shipping and no sales tax,

They seem to arrive faster too. :wave:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/

Hey,

Spades there is a place online called Deep Discount,which if you watch for sales(which they are having right now)they are cheaper then amazon, still free shipping and no sales tax,

Thanks Mickiala! I wil have to check it out!

You're right, I haven't seen it yet, I recently bought the BD and I have it ready for some very long day available, cause 233 minutes is quite a lot...

If you ask me, after reading of Gone with the wind, I changed my opinion about the movie a lot! That's the thing with almost every adaptation, it can never be like book :/

Advice for everyone - don't read book if you've watched a movie and don't watch movie if you've read the book. :whistle:

Another good place to buy classic movies if from Turner Classic movies website

I've actually had problems with the TCM website when it comes to buying movies. Though I will have to buy the new Deanna Durbin movie pack through them since they are the only ones that offer it.

Hey,

Yes it is, it's a very mysterious film noir and has a good ending.

BTW, "Witness for the Prosecution" has one of the best endings ever in my opinion, I was really surprised.

I usually buy American DVDs/BDs there or at amazon.com, they do 25% discount sales every June and November, and sometimes it's cheaper than amazon as you say.

If you ask me, after reading of Gone with the wind, I changed my opinion about the movie a lot! That's the thing with almost every adaptation, it can never be like book :/

Advice for everyone - don't read book if you've watched a movie and don't watch movie if you've read the book. :whistle:

Yep, you're right.

That happened to me with "Perfume". I had read the book and I watched the movie later, most of it filmed in Barcelona by the way.

Or "Contact" by Carl Sagan, the movie is a simple version of the book, for example Jodie Foster's character travels alone, and in the book she's with somebody else.

And another example I remember is "High Fidelity" with John Cusack, which I read the book first too.

Well I am gonna close this round. I don't think I am gonna get ten votes like I wanted. I love summer and everything but it is really gonna fuck with my game.

Errol Flynn and Olivia de Haviland-14.5

Henry Fonda and Gene Tierney-20.5

Theron didn't like the song I posted the last time. So no more Westlife. You will have to listen to Pete Yorn while I set up the next round!