Bellazon

Anna Christine Speckhart
Thumbnail

Pix

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Taste The Style: Boss Babes - Meet Anna Speckhart

ph: Vanessa Granda

FBWdDR10.jpg Z2PRbate.jpg CwnuG93u.jpg 32AtbKwD.jpg DgGrYdXg.jpg Izms0aMT.jpg QC9bT8iu.jpg 1uEOjAbT.jpg DqM8w0cg.jpg

Taste The Style: Boss Babes - Meet Anna Speckhart

by: Raven Ishak

With the expansion of Instagram’s video component, users across the social media app have utilized its capabilities to its max potential. While most people have shown snippets of their drool-worthy meals or 60 beautiful seconds of their new puppies, today’s Boss Babe has taken an unconventional route by taking her selfie game to a whole other level through this video format. And they. Are. Amazing.

Watching one of Anna Speckhart’s (aka America’s Sweethart) videos is like stepping into a world that Jerry Seinfeld would be proud of, because just like Seinfeld, each of her videos are about absolutely nothing, yet make you laugh out loud every single time. Speckhart’s no-nonsense approach derives from her Illinois upbringing, sarcastic dry sense of humor, and deep-rooted love for cats. While the majority of her time is spent modeling for some of the biggest fashion brands you could think of, we can’t help but fall in love with her selfie videos and are a little mad that we didn’t think of them ourselves.

We met up with Anna at her beautiful East Village apartment where we talked about her blog America’s Sweethart, her modeling career, and where she finds inspiration for all of her videos. Meet the always sweet, Anna Speckart.

Hometown:
Pittsfield, IL

Current location:
NYC

Birth Sign:
Scorpio

One thing you miss from Pittsfield, Illinois:
Family / living in a small town

Beauty product you’re a die hard fan of:
W Clarify: Spot Rx. It is a complete game-changer for skin pickers. No more Dr. Pimple Popper.

Dream travel destination:
Fishing trip to Belize

Dream modeling gig:
I don’t know if this qualifies as a modeling gig, but my dream gig would to have my own line on QVC. I’ve been obsessed with [this] show for years. I mean, on average they sell 15,000 units per hour. It’s mind-blowing. That kind of small talk/sales pitching is true talent.

Boss Babe you look up to:
My mom and Martha Stewart

Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you started America’s Sweethart?
Really America’s Sweethart was a fluke. I starting taking video selfies as a parody to selfies and somehow it stuck. Never in a million years would I have imagined I’d still be doing it, but [I’m] so happy I am. It’s been a great way to be creative and not take myself so serious. I really just have fun and see what happens.

Do you feel your upbringing in Pittsfield, Illinois, influenced your work and view on the modeling world?
100%. My upbringing has made me stay grounded. Between my family and friends back home they don’t take much nonsense. No one cares about the $$$ of your clothes or that you have the greatest and latest accessory. I think in any big city you can kind of get away with having a better than you attitude and back home they would have you check that crappy attitude at the door. It’s a true reality check.

We absolutely love your videos. How do you come up with them and where do you gather inspiration from?
There’s no rhyme or reason to my videos. Usually, it’s just an everyday occurrence. There’s so much humor to life and you forget about that. It’s about capturing something in the moment and having a reaction. I often scour Pinterest looking for how-to’s or subject my nieces/nephews to doing a video. I mean, I have 12 of them. They have to be good for something. Haha.

You took a risk by skipping college and giving modeling a shot in LA. Was there a moment where you decided to take the plunge and listen to your heart to go after what you want? What would you tell others if they’re going through that right now?
As cliché as it may sound, I truly believe things happen for a reason. I have no clue how I wound up where I am today, but here I am. You may have some mindset that you will be at X in Y years, but then Y comes and X hasn’t, but Z has. That was a super complicated way to say you have no idea what life has in store. My advice is to be true to yourself. There is nothing worse than trying to be something you are not. The idea that there is a certain mold that you need to fit is absurd and zero fun.

After living in LA, Paris, and Tokyo, do you feel you’ve learned or grown during those times while adjusting to the different cultures? If yes, how so?
For sure. I’ve spent a majority of the past 10 years traveling solo. At times it was super lonely and then other [times, it was] liberating [to learn] how to do things on my own. The social norms/culture change from place to place and I’ve learned to adjust along the way. I think the best part about living in different environments has been opening my eyes to those around me and learning as I go.

Go-to way to spend the night off?
Dinner, dessert, and more dessert. Some people may call it a sugar addiction, I call it a sweet tooth.

What is the one thing you wish people would ask you more often?
Want to FaceTime? (I’m often away from home so FaceTime is a great way to feel like I’m still in the loop.)

Any rad future project we should be aware of?
There are a few things in the works, but my lips are sealed. Keep your fingers crossed. 

Where do you hope to see yourself in the next five years?
Right now I only have my sights set on the next five months. I’m getting married in June and might have been a little too relaxed on the planning process. Looks like my fiancé might have a Bridezilla in his future, haha.

Any advice for future Boss Babes? What about those looking to get into modeling or video blogging?
Don’t take yourself so serious, it makes life way more fun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...