Bellazon

Gigi Paris
Thumbnail

Baby.Jude9

Interview for Ocean Drive Mag

Model Gigi Paris on Filming a Steamy Keith Urban Music Video by jared shapiro

A hometown Coconut Grove girl, model Gigi Paris is in high demand all across the country.

“I’m basically on a plane every week,” says model Gigi Paris. Such is the oft-assumed “glamorous” life of the 22-year-old Wilhelmina agency stunner, who flies 5,400 miles roundtrip to Seattle each week. And when she’s not posing for Nordstrom catalogs there, it’s Hollywood and New York for movie auditions, Esquire photo shoots, and starring in country star Keith Urban’s music video. Then there’s Macy’s, Abercrombie & Fitch, and local lingerie line Eberjey. Though the phone rings for gigs more often than not, it’s the “ringeroff” mode of Miami that Paris cherishes most.

Describe your week.

My number-one rule is not to work the weekends. Monday night, I fly to Seattle. Work starts the next day at 7:30 am. I’ll shoot two days, about 100 looks a day, and I always do yoga after that. Then, I get on the next plane to LA or New York and go straight to the studio at 8 am to do two more days of work.

How were you discovered?

I was 13 and driving back from the beach with my brother in his bright yellow Jeep. Some crazy guy stopped us at the red light, and my parents were like, “Drive faster, don’t pull over!” He ended up being a photographer and asked if he could take my picture. I never even thought about modeling. I was a total klutz and a nerd growing up. I begged my parents, “Please let me do it. It’s like a once-in-a-lifetime experience.”

What’s a recent crazy story for you?

I shot a music video for Keith Urban’s song “Somewhere in My Car.” There was this little old Chevy that we had to sit in [on set]. It’s a tiny car, and the whole theme [of the video] is “making out.” So it’s me, the crew, and the actor that I basically had to make out with trapped in this tiny car. It was all steamy and sweaty. It was ridiculous, but it turned out really cool, and the video looks great. The process behind it was not sexy at all.

What do you do when you aren’t modeling?

I love to sketch with charcoal or watercolor pencils. My mom is an amazing artist, and she always did portraits, so that’s what I’ve done since I was a kid.

Are there any models you’ve met that you’ve been in total awe of?

Elle Macpherson is just insanely beautiful—her hair, her skin, her smile. I met her when I was 16 and was like, “Now I definitely want to be a model because of you.” The ’90s supermodels were a whole other level of gorgeous.

post-36965-0-1446060676-38372_thumb.jpg