Bellazon

Supermodels

alisa

• 1 month later...

All-TIME 100 Fashion Icons

From models and muses to designers and photographers, the world of style has no shortage of superstars. We picked the 100 most influential fashion icons since 1923, the beginning of TIME ... magazine

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages...2110733,00.html #ixzz1r6ttxZIS

Gisele Bundchen

Naomi Campbell

Cindy Crawford

Linda Evangelista

Iman

Beverly Johnson

Heidi Klum

Kate Moss

Jean Shrimpton

Twiggy

(The models are not ranked by number, its simply a 100 best of compilation list in alphabetical order) The media seemed to miss that note.

• 2 weeks later...
Agree with Lovelife & michelabella ….. The real supermodels was on the 80`s and 90`s :heart: :heart: :heart:

I is also hooked on models since I discovered Cindy Crawford. :blush: Since that I have been hooked and have collected pictures of supermodels all over the world. I don’t know how many girls I collected, but over a 1000 models I think.

But for 2-3 years ago I lost every picture I had in a fire, so I have been on the net to collected pictures back to my collection since :cry:

Back then I was a big fan to girls like Cindy, Linda, Claudia, Stephanie, Naomi, Christy, Helena, Karen, Niki, Tatjana Patitz, Kim Alexis, Yasmin LeBon, Renee Simonsen, Brooke Shields, Kate Moss, Yasmeen Ghauri, Christie Brinkley, Paulina Porizkova……

To day I am a big fan of girls like Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio, Ana Beatriz Barros, Daria Wearbowy, Jessica Stam, Adriana Lima, like many, many others….

My Norwegian “old” model I collects is Annette Stai, and I like very much pictures of her If someone can help me

Today is the Norwegian supermodel Iselin Steiro who is my big favourite

So if someone has pictures of

Annette Stai, Iselin Steiro, Kelly Emberg

A very good Daily Mail April 20, 2012 article "Eighties Supermodels Then and Now: Kim Alexis, Kelly Emberg, and Elena Davis" includes several nice color non-Photoshopped photos of the still very attractive women (both together for their interview with "Today" host Savannah Guthrie and closeups):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-...lena-Davis.html

Tyson Beckford says Linda Evangelista's famous pronouncement about '90s-era supermodels not waking up "for less than $10,00 a day" helped him — and other models of his time — make "silly" amounts of money. Beckford explained in a recent interview that some of his paychecks were so large, they were almost comical.

"I once walked in a fashion show *— literally, just walked —* for no more than a minute or two and they paid me a silly amount of money . . . $40,000," Beckford said. "I was like, 'Really? You don't have to give me that!' You know when Linda said that it set the bar for every other model —* everyone just upped their day rates. It was hilarious. All the models — women and men — were like, 'Remind me to send Linda flowers!'"

Beckford also said that paychecks weren't the only things in the '90s modeling industry that were over the top.

"The fashion industry was so different back then. I guess it was all so new and so extravagant," he said. "The budgets were enormous; it was certainly a lot more fun. The parties were out of control and because no one had a camera phone and there was no Facebook or Twitter, you could do whatever you wanted with whoever you wanted."

http://www.fashionologie.com/Tyson-Beckfor...ls-Pay-22811895

• 3 weeks later...

Jim T here is the Video interview you're talking about

A Look back at the iconic Supermodels of the 80s/90s w/ Kim Alexis,Kelly Emberg

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/47114653#47114653

@MarcJacobsIntl #flashbackfriday Vintage Marc w/ @CTurlington @veronicawebb & @CindyCrawford

Marc Jacobs Collection 1988 - Behind the Scenes

Follow the camera around behind the scenes of the Marc Jacobs Collection show from 1988 in New York City.

http://www.marcjacobs.com/world-of-marc-ja...20120511-0100PM

:heart:

• 1 month later...

So who do u guys think are the super models of our time. Gisele obviously is the the only model who comes close the the supermodel of the 1990s (along with kate moss). She probably even has a better modeling portfolio than the likes of Linda, Cindy. Only difference is, supermodels back then were goddess. They were as famous as any relevant and popular actress. Gisele came to the the scene 10 years too late in that department. I thiink that's where kate moss fronts her. Kate's portfolio is almost as good as Gisele's and she's no doubt the most famous model in the world.

There are however other models who don't have an endless fashion porfolios as Gisele, but still hold a strong position in the modeling industry,

Karolina has been a letdown for me. She almost had a career like Gisele but when VS scouted her, she took the Adriana path. She only concentrated on doing VS. I still would call her a supermodel. She obviously as a very successful high fashion career, still does a bit of commercial modeling, but is lacking in the fame department.

Alessandra has/had a reasonably good high fashion career. Does good commercial work worldwide and is famous-ish. I think she's always the bridesmaid, never the bride. She has a good career all together but she aint a supermodel to me (almost).

Adriana imo is a supermodel. She's an incredibly successful commercial model and she sometimes does high fashion. She has a large number of fans and is one of the most famous models we have today. I think people in fashion would have a hard time labeling her a supermodel, some might downright say she isn't. The general public would no doubt call her a supermodel,

Miranda has a reasonably good hf career, a good commercial model and also famous. In my book she's supermodel.

There are other models who aren't really famous but I would no doubt call a supermodel. Girls like Isabeli, raquel, daria, lara etc. Their portfolio speak for themselves. And they are incredibly successful in both fields of modeling.

Amongst the new girls, I don't have that much hope for anyone. Maybe joan smalls. She appeals to both fields of the industry. She has a beauty contract, bags blue chip high fashion campaigns and decent enough commercial jobs.

Candice, to me is trying. She's now a hight fashion model, but hasn't done anything memorable after her vouge italia cover. No blue chip campaigs. She does have some impressive covers, In the commercial field, it seems like vs is all she does. She also doesn't have the personality and attitude of a supermodel. Her personality is doll and doesn't have confidence.

I think the only thing that will slow Karlie down is her body. She's a fantastic model and her portfolio can't be messed with. but she only has the body of a high fashion model. Her face is pretty enough and she has a strong personality, but I think the commercial world won't embrace her when the Kate Uptons of the industry are around. She might have a career like KK (minus VS).

I think Kate Upton is the next big thing. I thought like Irina, her SI cover wouldn't do much for her. It's made her an overnight sensation, along with her youtube video. She's bagging all the commercial projects, and just when we thougth things couldn't get any better, she appears in the Vogues. and is goiing to be the first cover model of Carine Roitfeld's magazine. All this and her popularity. She's probaly even more famous than Adriana http://www.google.co...te=2012&sort=0. At the rate she's going -if she continues getting support of the hf industry- she's gonna be the supermodel of our time.

Intersrting last posts.

I think super models still exist. Someone like Gisele has a bigger and better career than the originals. The only difference is, those girls had hype, so they were as big as pop stars.

Some like Adriana is a world famous model. She, in my opinion is the only model who hasn't branded her name but has the same public recognition as Kate Moss. Her earnings is in millions and she has a long lasting career. After Heidi and tyra, I think she has the best commercial career.

Fame isn't the only thing about being a super model. Daria werbowy is a mistress of the game and she arguably has a better fashion career than Gisele, yet she isn't known to the average joe. Girls like Irina and Bar, although Kind of famous, there careers are nothing special. Sport Illustrated is the only best thing to happen in their careers.

So all in all, the supermodels in my opinion of the last 10years are Kate, Heidi, Adriana, Tyra, Gisele and maybe Karolina. Whether the fashion industry likes it or not, these are the only models people everywhere call Super Models.

• 5 weeks later...

Dolce & Gabbana Spring/Summer 1995 backstage:

First row: Carla Bruni & Brandi Quiñones.

Second row (from left to right): Trish Goff, Michele Hicks, Karen Mulder, Amber Valletta, Isabella Rossellini, Helena Christensen, Shalom Harlow & Carré Otis.

Third row (from left to right): Monica Bellucci, Maria Buccellati-Cabrera, Meghan Douglas, Debbie Deitering & Nadja Auermann.

post-57741-0-24646000-1344632883_thumb.j

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Peter Lindbergh shot this British Vogue cover in 1990 with Naomi Campbell, Linda, Tatjana, Christy, and myself all wearing Giorgio di Sant' Angelo (an incredible talent).

When George Michael saw this cover he wanted the five of us to appear in his Freedom video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diYAc7gB-0A

041705227042145.jpg

facebook.com/CindyCrawford