Bellazon

We are not alone!

schadenfreude

So are you saying that the only reason someone might believe in a creator is because they are a connectionist net?

On the contrary, I was suggesting that could you view nature as a self-governing, self-refining system that doesn't have a creator ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As it sits now, that might be easy to fathom, but the expanding universe brings us back to a point in space at some point in time a very very long time ago. Oh wait, there's the bouncing and regenerating theories (I can't even believe those are considered theories as they have very little supporting data...just ideas, and wild guesses...science fiction basically). But then again, maybe you don't think the universe is expanding?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure I understand what you're saying here.

-------------------------------------------------------------

With reference to think link Heidegger posted about designed animals:

To me, it seems Intelligent Design is a young theory that hasn't bloomed yet. There seems to be a lot of handwaving in that corner, trying to seek attention to their own theory by taking the shit out of evolutionary biology with every chance it gets. Of all the believers in Intelligent Design, I don't think I've actually met one who has credited evolutionary biology for all it's explanatory power, especially compared to Intelligent Design which says something along the lines of 'someone/thing created life, then evolution occured'

Fair enough, they can spot out specific creatures that are supposedly designed, but they don't ever give an account of life in general. Their theories seem vacuous, as they don't seem to give much evidence for their beliefs ( I mean this from a scientific point of view, not religious), they just decide to question the shortcomings of evolutionary biology by posing rhetorical questions and hoping that somehow that sidesteps the burden of proof.

Until ID has some more solid support and theories, I don't think I'd consider it as a competitor to evolutionary theory.

At the end of the day, the explanatory power and the theoretical breadth and depth of evolutionary biology just wipes ID off the table.

It's hard for something to come out of nothing, that's where evolutionary theories fail in their explanations, but you can refer to the experiment conducted by Stanley Miller I think it was (will have to get back to you on that one) where he took chemicals present during the Earth's formation and ran an electric current trhough the solution. Days later, life appeared in the air-tight flask, proving that (somehow) spontaneous generation of life can occur.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have read a bit about that weird experiment. Please elaborate more.

Someone posted this article in a science forum. It's basically explaining the theory of how something can come out of nothing. Please correct it, if there's any mistakes.

I only expect people who are completely brilliant to understand any of this. The rest of you will probably just think I am crazy or high or something, but if you knew anything about mathematical or theoretical physics you would realize how silly all your ideas really are. All of what I am telling you comes from books I have read and advanced classes I have taken in the field of physics and astronomy. There are mathematics that are extremely complicated and most of you couldn't fathom if you lived to be 1,000. Good luck understanding this one!

We begin with astro-physics, a hobby of mine.

Stephen hawking has shown us a few things, even the vacuum of space is not really empty, it seems that there are these little things called "virtual particles" that pop in and out of existence in the "false vacuum of space." With me so far? No? Didn't think so. Few people can actually understand the mathematics of how you can get something from nothing, and yes it is possible. Anyway...

Einstein

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Kiki, thgose epsiodes are my FAVE!!!!!!!!! so funny.

kisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. it's like you are reading my mind.

hey, are you an alien that reads minds?!?!?! is that how you knew i loved those south park epsiodes??? if you are, take me away for any probing you want. lol

• 6 years later...