Bellazon

Quantum Physics

schadenfreude

Free will is nothing but relative. To God, you have no free will. But since we lack omniscience, we do not know, nor can we know per our own time-space, the future. I could punch my computer exactly 5 minutes after I finish this post, or I could not. I dont know what may happen, maybe bug will land on it, maybe not?

God does know what I will do. I do not. I have more or less potential free will if you can look at it that way. I cannot know precisely how the next five minutes will unfold and the situation that it will present, but I have the ability to predict what will happen. Like if I pull the trigger on a gun, a bullet will exit the barrel.

So, does "not knowing" really equate to free will?

The fact that I don't know what will happen does not mean I have free will. If from God's perspective - the "ultimate" one, you could say - I have no free will, then I don't. For example, let's say the government implanted a secret new mind-control device in my brain. Using this device, they can force me to do things - and at the same time, make me think that everything that I do stems from my own initative. But since I don't know this, I apparently have free will? No. Your own knowledge does not factor in to the equation.

You like math, right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hell no! :yuckky:

i used to be good at math...i ALWAYS hated it but i was at least good at it....then calculus came along and basically kicked my ass...now i both HATE and SUCK at math.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you kidding me? Calculus is what math is all about!!! :p

You like math, right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hell no! :yuckky:

i used to be good at math...i ALWAYS hated it but i was at least good at it....then calculus came along and basically kicked my ass...now i both HATE and SUCK at math.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you kidding me? Calculus is what math is all about!!! :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes...thats probably why i suck at it :laugh:

I admit I suck. But it was all pre-destined I tell you! I can't help it unless... :shifty:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you really HATE math? It does not automatically mean you hate it if you are not good at it. There is nothing to hate about math and that's why people hating it sucks. Ultimately math is our friend.

I just realised this!

The term "free will" itself is an oxymoron. How can one be free and is under the influence of will/desire?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:actor:

I admit I suck. But it was all pre-destined I tell you! I can't help it unless... :shifty:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you really HATE math? It does not automatically mean you hate it if you are not good at it. There is nothing to hate about math and that's why people hating it sucks. Ultimately math is our friend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't really, I just can't be bothered doing maths anymore. I used to do all of that in high school, with the imaginary numbers and the forces and what not. I can't even remember half of it.

Lower end maths is tedious. It is the higher end maths that is oh-so interesting...but unfortunately I havn'e touched maths in years, and I have not the interest to start doing maths again...

It's too much effort, and being lazy, effort is my natural enemy. Hence I must hate maths ;) :laugh:

I don't really, I just can't be bothered doing maths anymore. I used to do all of that in high school, with the imaginary numbers and the forces and what not. I can't even remember half of it.

Lower end maths is tedious. It is the higher end maths that is oh-so interesting...but unfortunately I havn'e touched maths in years, and I have not the interest to start doing maths again...

It's too much effort, and being lazy, effort is my natural enemy. Hence I must hate maths ;) :laugh:

Why would you do math??? You had math in school so you would learn logical way of thinking and the mathematical foundations in case you would need it in your work. Let it be if you don't need it. If you are lazy you could use math to minimaze to efforts needed in your life. Math IS you friend. Accept it!

hahahaha I used to love maths more than any other of my subjects (possibly to do with me failing all my other subjects)

but then psych and philosophy weren't options back then. I like those more. I was planning on doing some higher level maths early in uni, but that idea kind of derailed and crashed...one of those big horrible accidents I might add :p

• 2 weeks later...
That's beyond me me thinks.

3 variables in a linear equation? :huh:

I'm past my mathematical prime :laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nobody said PDEs are easy!

In that example V is a function of x and y. Paramaters a, b, c, d, e, f and g can be zero making the equation easier.

Usually these equations are solved guessing the type of the function V and trying it putting it in the equation and solving the parameters. I haven't solved PDEs for 10 years! :laugh: