Bellazon

Quantum Physics

schadenfreude

Let's think so hard as to explain away the things that are obvious, that's really smart. :blink:

Why is our ability to make choices as humans so hard for the scientific mind to grasp? Oh that's right!! It might suggest something else even more horrid. I dare not mention it. :whistle:

Time an illusion? No, it's just a dimension similar to height, width or depth except that we operate in only half the dimension (one direction). At least this is the theory to which I happen to subscribe.

Say it! What kind of idiot censors himself?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This kind. :wave:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SAY IT!!!

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."--- The First Amendment

Well firstly, the "idiot" comment reminds me that I notice you like to attack people on a personal level rather than their ideas occasionally, so I am reluctant to even engage in debate especially concerning the idea of free will seeing as it inevitably takes us to "God talk".

So... Congress surely made no law, but I make my choice...by free will. :)

Why not talk about the idea of time being a dimension?

Well firstly, the "idiot" comment reminds me that I notice you like to attack people on a personal level rather than their ideas occasionally, so I am reluctant to even engage in debate especially concerning the idea of free will seeing as it inevitably takes us to "God talk".

So... Congress surely made no law, but I make my choice...by free will. :)

Why not talk about the idea of time being a dimension?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pardon, but people not speaking their mind annoys me.

Whatever is on your mind say it!

It's not like your words can kill anyone.

If somebody takes offense at you for saying the truth, let him/her!

If people want to get offended at anything, let them!

Time an illusion?  No, it's just a dimension similar to height, width or depth except that we operate in only half the dimension (one direction).  At least this is the theory to which I happen to subscribe.

Time is just a dimension similar to the 3 dimensions in space but it is mathematically imaginary. The 4-dimensional "space-time" distance between two points is:

4ddistance1yo.png

Parameter x, y and z are the coordinates in 3-dimensional space and t is time. Notice that there is a minus sign in front of the last square regarding time because it is a imaginary dimension. The illusion is that it "operates" in one direction. I believe the past, present and future are all there but we sense the time going forward. This has something to do with the fact that entropy increases with time and life is negative entropy. There is not life without sense of time.

The formula looks very simple, except I still could not understand why do you put the negative sign.

Yes, very simple equation. Time is an imaginary dimension. So, it is i*t instead of t where i is square root of -1. Naturally i*i = -1 by definition and the minus sign is taken outside the parenthes. Got it now?