Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

3 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Anakin was initially good but his makeup, appearance etc changed progressively as he turned 'bad'- which by the end of revenge of the sith included the evil eyes and dark circles undernealth his eyes.

I think everyone is "initially good" meaning no one is born evil. It's mostly the circumstances (bad system, bad people, suffering, delusion etc) you grow up with or some sort of trauma (war, loss, illness etc), a bad decision followed by more bad decisions what turns you evil yourself at some point.

I know everyone was pissed about the silly love story and babyface Anakin (the casting of Hayden Christensen) back then called it "Titanic in space" bla bla bla but I always kinda liked that he was responsible for his own downfall and no one else and that he presumely made this decision to save Padme because he loved her and not to hurt her but hurt her so very much that in the end he was responsible for her death. It felt so tragic. Like a doomed fate he couldn't escape. At least how it was portrayed in the 3 movies. I never watched or read something else Star Wars related.

2 days for exam,planning interviews, losing weight, thinking in grant second University master and timetables, dreaming with my new washmachine, waiting watch Tom Cruise in person and talk with him, planning how to kill and let out of my narcissist egocentric ex friends and meet news from University, especial Dancers, Health and Psychology, finish all my book record's...

9 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

I think everyone is "initially good" meaning no one is born evil. It's mostly the circumstances (bad system, bad people, suffering, delusion etc) you grow up with or some sort of trauma (war, loss, illness etc), a bad decision followed by more bad decisions what turns you evil yourself at some point.

I know everyone was pissed about the silly love story and babyface Anakin (the casting of Hayden Christensen) back then called it "Titanic in space" bla bla bla but I always kinda liked that he was responsible for his own downfall and no one else and that he presumely made this decision to save Padme because he loved her and not to hurt her but hurt her so very much that in the end he was responsible for her death. It felt so tragic. Like a doomed fate he couldn't escape. At least how it was portrayed in the 3 movies. I never watched or read something else Star Wars related.

IIRC (I am not a Star wars reader either) Anakin's main character flaws was that he was extraordinarily arrogant and self-entitled, and also placed an infinite value on Padme, which meant that he was immensely possessive.  He would rather kill 1000 innocent strangers than to lose her.   He also believe that he deserved high position despite being very young and was massively angered when he was denied such an honor due to the Jedi recognizing that he was immature.

The Sith Lord Palapatine knew Anakin well and manipulated his weaknesses to push him into the dark side.  If Anakin was a traditional hero and did not have such serious personal issues he would have been immune to such external manipulation.

A lot of this has to do with how Anakin was raised and repeatedly told by his teachers that he was the 'chosen one' , 'ultra-special', etc.  This plus his very real gifts just reinforced it.  So naturally he would grow up to have a distorted view of reality.

@Jade Bahr  Have you seen the Witcher show?

I think they completely screwed it up, it is my favorite mainstream fantasy franchise with imho the most interesting masculine hero in fiction with a very good romance.  I am almost done reading the books twice and know the game continuation by CDPR very well.  I like it a lot more than Lord of the Rings and I think it's overall a lot better.

+

based on what I remember from the books & the Simarillion, I think they really screwed up Galadriel in Rings of Power

They made her a sword-wielding girlboss in the show with anger issues.  I don't think that's how Tolkien wrote her.  She was more like a high official among the elves, like a Ducchess. 

When the party meets Galadriel in LOTR she is essentially a world-weary ancient woman who had experienced so much, and is set to retire and disappear from the realm, to follow the massive decline of the Elf race.  Kate Blanchett played this perfectly imho. The Simarillion etc. are mainly notes about her in her more active years.

Tolkein, who fought in WW1 as a comms officer and in the Somme, - was deeply shattered in her heart by seeing the ecological ruin of industrialization, capitalism, and also the decimation of entire generation of British men.  They would experience the collapse of the British empire and see how it destroyed the spirit of Britain and a belief of a great future. I suspect that his treatment of the Elves is a bit taken from that. 

The poetry of TS Eliot, his contemporary, is filled also with this pathos.  Basically what has happened to Britain after WW1 is happening now with the USA!

4 hours ago, AnatasiaSteele82 said:

Ridiculous, Affleck is Daredevil.

Good lord you're so NOT A moviebuff lol

Actually Charlie Cox is playing Daredevil for almost 10 years now. It's fair to say he's more Daredevil than Affleck ever was. He's also a much better actor than Affleck ever was.

1eda2939b1908b8235d8c882baf9d56d9d431d78

Sidenote: He's also hella fine. 😏

8b579cdf4514a350da8d4b1efacf5d32b98430d5

d0bcd501dc34acfd4ed5ecbc797e4df65d4a828d

61a2bd531487157afdc9c1f6aa7ff16d8bf27d45

bcc45f315e7dfb247f53f12e6bd01aee3963de12

14 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

@Jade Bahr  Have you seen the Witcher show?

I watched the first season, was satisfied and decided not to watch any more messed up seasons. It's one of the few times where I think Henry Cavill did a good job. Usually this man has the charm and ability to convey some kind of charisma similar to that of a dead tree. But maybe it worked so well because Gerald was grumpy and grunting more than anything lol

14 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

IIRC (I am not a Star wars reader either) Anakin's main character flaws was that he was extraordinarily arrogant and self-entitled, and also placed an infinite value on Padme, which meant that he was immensely possessive.  He would rather kill 1000 innocent strangers than to lose her.   He also believe that he deserved high position despite being very young and was massively angered when he was denied such an honor due to the Jedi recognizing that he was immature.

The Sith Lord Palapatine knew Anakin well and manipulated his weaknesses to push him into the dark side.  If Anakin was a traditional hero and did not have such serious personal issues he would have been immune to such external manipulation.

A lot of this has to do with how Anakin was raised and repeatedly told by his teachers that he was the 'chosen one' , 'ultra-special', etc.  This plus his very real gifts just reinforced it.  So naturally he would grow up to have a distorted view of reality.

I mean he's a 19 years old teenager filled with hormones and rage. I always wondered what the Jedis expected in the first place when it was so very clear from the start Anakin wasn't sublime above such feelings like a "usual" Jedi student? Also Yoda said from the very beginning he was already too old when Qui-Gon discovered him. Obi Wan whatever more felt responsible for Anakin because of his masters sudden dead and his loyalty to him. So many things went wrong from the very beginning for Anakin. But yeah his arrogance and superior behaviour was a huge character weakness no one could handle. Not Obi Wan, not Padme, not Yoda not anyone. So he was a pretty easy target for Palpatine and his false promises and manipulation especially when he had such thoughts in his head pretty early (after his mothers dead). He's guided by his emotions and never by his head what makes him pretty much everything but not so much a Jedi. I mean in the end he kinda was "the chosen one" to destroy everything lol

303d9a3352221cf32ddaf51597a2511c4aba498c 53e9fb02c978482494e94cea0f8e11d9d4c1bccf
fb467df972db70d35125be76ca828193b3744d49 6ef0c384e857ed255ad42138b0ce1e63b546c8ab
e444cc4a6941d3669402393810aafa3c7b6e98cd 5ac73b07eb4c0b2bfb016a08843a0726e2fca0bf
3f90ddaaf0f369f9a122141eefcd7c26aec6a866 2d8d1f9662609726d550da1920f856882266648d
One of the things we find in ‘Revenge of the Sith’ is that the dark side is not tempting Anakin to anything... that Anakin is looking at the dark side and saying, ‘That’s what I want.’

Matthew Stover (author), Revenge of the Sith novelization.

11 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Good lord you're so NOT A moviebuff lol

Actually Charlie Cox is playing Daredevil for almost 10 years now. It's fair to say he's more Daredevil than Affleck ever was. He's also a much better actor than Affleck ever was.

1eda2939b1908b8235d8c882baf9d56d9d431d78

Sidenote: He's also hella fine. 😏

8b579cdf4514a350da8d4b1efacf5d32b98430d5

d0bcd501dc34acfd4ed5ecbc797e4df65d4a828d

61a2bd531487157afdc9c1f6aa7ff16d8bf27d45

bcc45f315e7dfb247f53f12e6bd01aee3963de12

In my oopinion, Ben is perfect on Daredevil. 

Thi first photo, is the Cu aracha man?????

The whore man is not my favorite. Is Charlie?

6 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

I watched the first season, was satisfied and decided not to watch any more messed up seasons. It's one of the few times where I think Henry Cavill did a good job. Usually this man has the charm and ability to convey some kind of charisma similar to that of a dead tree. But maybe it worked so well because Gerald was grumpy and grunting more than anything lol

He left his role as the Witcher because the showrunners weren't following the books and Geralt wasn't the 'amateur philosopher' he envisioned him to be.  The actual character in the books/games has a lot of insight to human/social/political nature, sarcasm and dry humor, and talks a lot. He also 'gets the ladies'- and not just yennefer.

In the games they chose to get David Cockle talk like Batman/Clint Eastwood and it worked- in the books I doubt that Sapkowski necessarily had that in mind.  :

This is the redesigned Geralt from the W3 which is the most familar version worldwide.  Henry Cavil was a big fan of the game but didn't  read the books before he sought out the role.  So it is evident to me that he was trying to talk like David Cockle and play fight as such and expected the character to be like the one from the game.

imho Henry Cavill was still miscast.  Besides the personality mismatch (and the showrunners not following the books/games anyway)-  Geralt isn't a bodybuilder either..!