Bellazon

Men cleverer than women, say scientists

schadenfreude

Oh come on man, you're not pathetic. You have a frightening IQ and can speak English better than any other foreigner i've ever met.

And who need's women when we have hands!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well this "frightening IQ" only isolates me from other people and I'm only mediocre in English (that's okay, no problem). Thanks anyway!

Yes, we have hands put I would like to know what a "pussy" feels like...

<_<

Trust me, your first time is bound to be at least slightly disappointing. I did have mine at 14, and it was over in about 3 minutes, but still, having spoken to other guys about it, sex isn't all that great. Unless you're lucky enough to have a really hot lady who'll have sex with you every night (unlike mine who says only 2 times a week).

IQ tests don't accurately measure intelligence, but it's good enough and does what it's meant to do relatively well. People on this board are smart! Unlike me :p

And Pa?! 140?! That's amazing!!! That's MENSA material; their cut off is at 135!! :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On Cattell scale mensa level is 148 and I am "only" 140. :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that one of the same Cattells as the ones that created the Cattell PF-16 test?

And I'd be proud of having an IQ of 140. ;)

Is that one of the same Cattells as the ones that created the Cattell PF-16 test?

And I'd be proud of having an IQ of 140. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Scales:

Cattell: Stardard deviation is multiplied by 24 => 148 means 2 standard deviations off the mean.

Stanford-Binet: Stardard deviation is multiplied by 16 => 132 means 2 standard deviations off the mean.

Wechsler: Stardard deviation is multiplied by 15.33 => 131 means 2 standard deviations off the mean.

A high IQ is not that big deal as people think. Happiness and IQ does not correlate. People with low IQ are not inferior, it is not a shame. Intelligence can be improved with practice. Most of the people in my working place are very smart, so don't feel so bright among them.

God you suck pa :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you don't know how much I suck! 34 years old and still virgin! I am the most pathetic guy you will ever meet!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nah...trust me...there are ppl waaaaaay more pathetic than u

see: me

:D

of course i kid...ur not pathetic in the least :hug:

• 2 months later...

IQ means shit. i don't believe in the concept of intelligence as measured by IQ. there are too many different types of intelligence.

in terms of men and women, isn't it that men have got better spatial awareness (and so can park cars in tiny spaces) whereas women can multi-task (enabling them to hold or suckle their infant whilst doing other tasks)? :blink:

High Emotional Intelligence is what is needed to be successful in life. It equates to people skills.

btw, why the hell did you resurrect this thread? :laugh:

i just find the concept or intelligence fascinating. i don't think that it is possible to measure 'intelligence' and i think that IQ is extremely flawed not only because you can train yourself to do the questions and thus 'increase your IQ' but because it misses out on large swathes of what i would regard as different types of intelligence.

High Emotional Intelligence is what is needed to be successful in life. It equates to people skills.

i just find the concept or intelligence fascinating. i don't think that it is possible to measure 'intelligence' and i think that IQ is extremely flawed not only because you can train yourself to do the questions and thus 'increase your IQ' but because it misses out on large swathes of what i would regard as different types of intelligence.

That is true. IQ tests don't fully test IQ, but then again IQ isn't really well defined. And yes there are flaws to IQ tests but they can be reduced. The reason people don't get exposed to official IQ tests like the WAIS and Stanford-Binet tests is to reduce abuse of tests and reduce practice effects ;)

That is true. IQ tests don't fully test IQ, but then again IQ isn't really well defined. And yes there are flaws to IQ tests but they can be reduced. The reason people don't get exposed to official IQ tests like the WAIS and Stanford-Binet tests is to reduce abuse of tests and reduce practice effects ;)

i object to them on general principle. i will never take an IQ test.

IQ tests aren't used to determine your intelligence now, and psychologists won't give you a number for your IQ as it is unethical to do so. IQ tests are used to determine cognitive weaknesses and strengths, so that more detailed testing can be used to assess your cognitive abilities :)

IQ tests aren't used to determine your intelligence now, and psychologists won't give you a number for your IQ as it is unethical to do so. IQ tests are used to determine cognitive weaknesses and strengths, so that more detailed testing can be used to assess your cognitive abilities :)

i feel that no test can semi-accurately measure one's so-called intelligence, ability or potential . . . . . .

the mind is way too complex to be analysed in such a way, i feel.

i feel that no test can semi-accurately measure one's so-called intelligence, ability or potential . . . . . .

the mind is way too complex to be analysed in such a way, i feel.

It is, but you'd want to be able to measure as many facets of intelligence as you can, just as a rough indicator of one's cognitive abilities. It's practical in many situations, though I agree that it doesn't cover everything. My favourite example is the person that can add and multiply. They'll easily beat a poor kid living on the streets with no education in a pen and paper test. But put those (rather simple) sums to the kid in terms of say "How much crack could I buy if..." and chances are he'd work it out for you before you can snap your fingers :rofl: