Bellazon

Natalia Vodianova
Thumbnail

Evelyn

Fashion Q&A: Natalia Vodianova

The model tells why she loves brogues and wants thicker hair

How does being a model affect your style?

Being a model created my style. I wasn’t aware of fashion before I started working, so my inspiration comes from the clothes I’ve worn and people I’ve met.

Which would you say has been your most seminal fashion campaign?

All my images for Calvin Klein: I have worked with them for so long that this relationship has come to define my career. I don’t think too much about it, though, just as I don’t let seeing my face on billboards daunt me.

What is your biggest fashion irritation?

There is a strange imbalance in attitudes to fashion: people either take it too seriously or fail to acknowledge its importance. Clothes define who you are but they shouldn’t take over your life.

What is your fashion weakness?

It has to be jewellery, every time. I love buying pieces and keeping them. Worryingly, I’m not that bothered about wearing them — I just like knowing they are there.

Are you a quality or a quantity shopper?

I am a quick quality shopper. Actually, I rarely go shopping because friends like Riccardo Tisci at Givenchy are very kind to me. If I do go into a shop it takes me five minutes to go through everything they have, another ten minutes to try things on, then I’m done.

Are you happy with the way you look?

The only thing I wish for is more hair . I have very thin, fine hair and when I see someone with a think, curly mane I just want to cry.

What are you enjoying wearing now?

Silky polka-dot jumpsuits, long skirts over leather trousers and petticoats — oh, and my Church’s brogues; heels are fine for certain occasions but I’d always rather wear my lace-ups.

Who, in your opinion, has made the most important contribution to fashion?

So many people have made so many contributions. I’d say Coco Chanel, for giving women a new wardrobe; Cristóbal Balenciaga; then there’s Grace Coddington for creating incredible images. I just can’t choose!

How has increased environmental awareness affected your attitude to fashion?

Now I buy clothes that really last rather than ones that are cheap. This is especially true for my children. I’d rather not buy them too much. I am more aware these days; I don’t shop unnecessarily. It saves the environment and saves me money.

Alice Olins

source timesonline

Goga Ashkenazi birthday party

London, 06 Feb 2010

[Hello UK #1111, 22 Feb 2010]

Source: nataliavodianova-fan02

post-36396-1266351189_thumb.jpg

The separation was just a gossip false :wave:

She's wearing Givenchy haute couture SS 2010. It was on the runway weeks ago, and one of the most drooled over pieces. :blush:

1266415149_1.jpg

it is a sweet interview and Natalia is very sweet and endearing but at times it seems as if she is avoiding to mention her husband (even as a concept, not even Justin himself) when talking about her dearest and most loved ones. I find it strange.

can you translate the interview please?