Bellazon

Charice Pempengco
Thumbnail

azure

Charice was discovered on YouTube by David Foster AT 16 YEARS OLD and was featured on Oprah as a "child genius". Her vocal skills are amazing!!

Just watch these and you will understand.

She sung with Celine Dion :o

Bio from Wikipedia

Pempengco was born in San Pedro, Laguna, Philippines.[1] She and her younger brother, Carl, were raised solely by their mother, Raquel, after they left their father due to domestic violence when Pempengco was only three years old. [2][3]

To help support the family, she began competing in amateur singing contests at age seven, from town fiestas in their province of Laguna to several vocal competitions on TV. She is said to have joined over 80 singing contests.[2]

In 2005, Pempengco joined ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corporation's Little Big Star, a talent show in the Philippines loosely patterned after American Idol. Eliminated after her first performance, she was later called back as a wildcard contender and eventually became a finalist. Although she was a consistent top scorer in the final rounds, she only finished in third place via SMS voting.[1][4]

Pempengco made minor appearances in local television shows and TV commercials, but essentially had fallen off the radar after her stint at Little Big Star. It was not until 2007 that Pempengco gained worldwide recognition after an avid supporter called FalseVoice started posting videos of her live performances onto YouTube. The videos garnered millions of hits making Pempengco an internet phenomenon.[1]

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
her album is finally out. I really wanted to buy it but it's too pop for me.
I remember seeing her on some Korean TV show before she was in America and it was just incredible. I kinda don't like the watered down pop sound of her album, but it's good seeing her succeed after all she's been through.

Agree with all :yes: .

• 5 months later...