Bellazon

Kate Upton
Thumbnail

allus6ka

Seriously she need to lose some weight,he has no waist her face looks really bad with all that fat just compare it with her first photo shoots  http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8008/218g.jpg .Big fan of her since the beginning but she needs to stop eating that much and exercise ,Kate what are you doing why you let yourself like that?Yeah I know you are going to say all models are very skinny she should be proud etc being underweight is not healthy but being overweight is also unhealthy and unattractive 

Well yes I would say that Kate is now skating some line here since she is a model. More power to her that she can be way more relaxed than most models who constantly tweet pictures of themselves working out and talk about how "clean" they eat. (Remember how for her British Vogue shoot the stylists etc. had gotten all sorts of undergarments for her in a panic. Another model wouldn't have been booked.)

Clients know what to expect of her and if they hire her they want a curvier girl than the average model but at the same time keeping curvy and toned can be quite difficult... David Kirsch is awesome but I dunno if his 2 weeks / month cleanse (so basically no eating for half a month) to prepare for SI was healthy for her in the long run...

This whole thing reminds me of Tyra a bit. As long as you can be "bigger" and command top rates it only makes you more badass but it's also easy to slip up.

Just because her fame might allow her to get away with getting bigger, that doesn't mean she should. Sure she will still be hired for who she is by some, but that's just getting by on her existing fame, that's not going to make her more famous. As she gets older, letting herself be out of shape is only going to get easier, so that is when she will need to get by on her existing fame, not now while she is young. Now she should be at the top of her game, not letting herself get even more out of shape. Yes people like that she isn't a skinny model, but she can be soft and curvy while still keeping a semblance of being in shape.

post-42006-0-1446078492-39936_thumb.jpg

How David Kirsch Tweaks Kate Upton's Curves

According to trainer David Kirsch, God created Kate Upton, but Kirsch himself has been honing her curves: "God did what he did, and it's perfection," he says. "Kate is the epitome of sexy, the most gorgeous woman. So it's just a matter of tightening her up a little bit, making her feel great. Giving her energy." I asked Kirsch, who also trains Liv Tyler, how he gets his client in swimsuit-ready shape.

Lest you think that shape comes easily, it doesn't. When a shoot is looming, Kirsch and Upton work out seven days a week. "We do one and a half to two hours every single day," he says. He is, however, adamant that Upton not lose her curves. "I want her to look amazingly tight and on top of her game," he says. "You don't have to be a size zero. She's healthy, sexy, curvy, feminine."

It helps that Upton is an athlete. "She's an amazing equestrian," he says. "She has an amazing attitude, personality. And she brings it every single day." Kirsch has also put her on a diet that includes lots of lean protein and vegetables. "Are we always gong to eat that way? No," says Kirsch. But before a shoot, Upton doesn't stray. "You know when someone's been cheating, when they've been doing something they shouldn't be doing."
It does indeed look like she's been doing most things right.

allure

post-42006-0-1446078492-41155_thumb.jpg

Kate Upton's Mother: How to Raise a Supermodel

Kate Upton has enjoyed meteoric success as a model—that's her, photographed by Annie Leibovitz, on the cover of Vanity Fair's September issue—and last week in New York City she took top honors at the Style Awards, to be televised on CNN September 14. We asked her mother, Shelley Upton, a former Texas state tennis champion, how she raised a Model of the Year.
Have you been wowed by your daughter's rise to the top?
"Who would have known? It’s been a very, very busy few years. We came here to New York with her when she was 18 and said, 'We’ll give it a year.' And I said, ‘I think in that year’s time, you’ll be able to find out if it’s something that’s meant for you and if you like it.’ And in that year it was amazing what happened."

Besides her beauty, what do you think has made her take off?
"I think it’s just her energy, her personality. She really is just so enthusiastic about everything. And when she’s excited about something, she gives it her best. I just am so proud about how she has handled all the pressure that goes along with all the successes that are amazing as well. She seems to take it in stride and doesn’t seem to be inhibited at all."

Was she successful in other areas as a child?
"Yes, [with] horses. She was very successful and competitive. There was some jumping, English, and Western. She likes to do well at whatever she does."

Does it mean a lot to your family that she is a role model for not being stick-thin and still succeeding?
"It does. That’s always been something that she stood for. She really has been such a vibrant person—she leads a well-balanced life, and she wants to eat healthy. We’ve always eaten healthy as a family growing up. And she’s definitely always known what she wanted."

allure