Bellazon

Cassi Van Den Dungen
Thumbnail

sarnic

July 09, 2009 12:00am

PROUD bogan Cassi Van Den Dungen is set to make her mark on the international fashion scene.

Just 24 hours after losing the final of Australia's Next Top Model to West Australian beauty Tahnee Atkinson, the 16-year-old wild child from Sunbury was being snapped up by top New York model agency Elite.

Van Den Dungen, who is represented by Priscilla's Model Management in Australia, has been the darling of the fashion industry since she wobbled down the catwalk in the first episode.

Agency boss Priscilla Leighton Clark said she had been inundated with emails and phone calls from New York regarding Van Den Dungen.

"Elite in New York are desperate to sign her," Leighton Clark said. "The phrase used was, 'They are completely obsessed'. Contracts are with both parties."

Van Den Dungen was recognised on Model as having unlimited potential. However her wayward behaviour, fiery temper, and her devotion to her fiance almost 10 years her senior caused serious concerns for the show's host Sarah Murdoch and model mentor Charlotte Dawson.

But Leighton Clark said she was made for high-end fashion.

"I think Cassi is incredible and a huge career is waiting for her if she wants it," she said.

"The gods are smiling on her. If everything goes according to plan, I am sure we will see Cassi in a Gucci campaign."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2....html?FORM=ZZNR

well ... thats it i guess :yuckky: :cry: :cry: :cry:

July 13, 2009 12:00am

SUNBURY bogan Cassi Van Den Dungen has walked away from her future in fashion.

The feisty but photogenic teenager, who was runner-up in Foxtel's hit TV series Australia's Next Top Model last week, has turned down a prestigious contract with cut-throat New York model management company Elite, as well as Sydney agent Priscilla Leighton Clarke.

While Leighton Clarke and Foxtel yesterday confirmed Van Den Dungen had given her career the cold shoulder, the 17-year-old -- whose looks have been compared with Kate Moss -- refused to comment.

"Listen. I am not talking to you guys at all," Van Den Dungen said before hanging up.

The leggy brunette plans to stay in Sunbury with her bricklaying boyfriend, Brad Saul, 25.

Show judge Charlotte Dawson, who supported Van Den Dungen throughout the series, was not surprised the headstrong teen had thrown away her chance at a modelling career.

"After seeing him (Saul) in the audience at the finale, I thought, 'That guy's going to ruin her life," Dawson said.

"We gave her so much love and support, maybe even more than the other girls, but at the back of my mind I knew she would do this and that's why I couldn't vote for her."

She said Van Den Dungen's priorities seemed to be: "Getting married and settling down in Sunbury."

Leighton Clarke said she accepted Van Den Dungen's decision.

"I understand if the girl doesn't want to model. Throughout my 25 years in the industry there have been many beautiful girls, but not all of them have been cut out for the industry," she said.

"I need to spend my time on girls and believe in girls who want to do this (modelling)."

news.com.au