Bellazon

Cassi Van Den Dungen
Thumbnail

sarnic

well, obviously she wasn't very pleased ... :laugh:

though i think that wasn't very fair. cause i also said that if going to NY wouldn't make her happy she should stay at home. and i send her lots of love and greetings from germany ... <_< ungrateful b**** ... :whistle: oops ^^

i still love her ... as a model :laugh:

So Cassi van den Dungen lost Australia’s Next Top Model’s 2009 crown, turned down contracts with Priscillas and Elite New York and threatened to go back to Sunbury to focus on her boyfriend’s bricklaying business. But it seems she has not given up on her modelling dream. Van den Dungen has rejoined the agency that discovered her at the age of five and repped her as a child model: Melbourne’s Tanya Powell Model Agency. Never heard of it? Tanya Powell is one of many low-profile Australian agencies that often springboard models in the smaller markets, only to then send them on to sign with larger local agencies, namely Chic Management, Priscillas, Chadwicks and Scene. And some question the wisdom of van den Dungen’s decision to turn her back on offers from bigger players with proven track records of managing international careers.

This is certainly the case with the modelwatchers on online forums The Fashion Spot and vogue.com.au and indeed, Priscillas itself.

Unaware that van den Dungen had returned to Tanya Powell when frockwriter called this afternoon for comment, Priscillas booker Lizzi Leighton-Clark noted, "It's a shame that she's not willing to pursue a modelling cereer that goes beyond Melbourne, because obviously she has the potential to be an amazing model".

Modelling is not just about having a pretty face and long legs. It is about attitude, work ethic, momentum and, moreover, the right management.

According to Tanya Powell manager Rosetta Stefano, Tanya Powell does not have any models under contract. The agency's biggest womens' name is Cassie Gardner, in addition to television personalities Paul O’Brien, Tania Zaetta and Laura Csortan.

With Gardner's wider career now being managed by Viviens in Sydney and IMG in New York, one would hope that all is not lost for van den Dungen. And both van den Dungen and Tanya Powell should take on board the fact that, since van den Dungen is evidently not under any kind of non-compete agreement with the management agency affiliated with ANTM, ie Priscillas, every other major Australian agency that is headquartered in Sydney would be very keen to sign her up immediately.

The essential difference here however is the fact that while an unknown Gardner went from a small agency to bigger agencies, van den Dungen made a name for herself in a high-profile television competition, had offers from big agencies, but has chosen to go in the reverse direction.

Van den Dungen is booked to shoot for Portmans on Saturday – a web campaign is all Stefano could tell frockwriter, adding that she rejoined the agency immediately after the ANTM finale.

Reports Stefano, “We’re speaking to lots of different companies. She’s definitely very keen to be a model. We are doing her comp card, she went for a casting yesterday, she’s on the way. At the moment she wants to basically do as much as she can in Melbourne. If you’ve got a good product it doesn’t matter who represents her”.

frockwriter.blogspot.com

from *Bianca* tfs

Quote:

July 27, 2009 12:00am

SHE may have knocked back New York, but Sunbury model Cassi Van Den Dungen's Australian career is up and running in style.

The runner-up from the latest series of Australia's Next Top Model was praised for her professionalism when she flew to Sydney for a Saturday shoot with Portmans.

And while the 17-year-old's outspokenness caused conflict on the Foxtel show, her new clients said her ambitious attitude made the shoot of 38 outfit changes a breeze.

Van Den Dungen stunned the fashion world when she turned down a contract with New York model agency Elite to stay in Sunbury with her boyfriend Brad Saul.

She later signed up with smaller local agency Tanya Powell.

The clothes from the shoot show off one of Portman's bold new summer looks.

Portmans spokeswoman Amy Hoare said Cassi's "sophisticated high-fashion look" fitted well with Portmans, whose previous faces include Australian Victoria's Secret angel Miranda Kerr.

news.com.au

from *bianca* tfs

post-28667-1248686635_thumb.png

Cassi signs with Work Agency

It’s hard keeping up with Cassi van den Dungen. Crowned runnerup in ANTM Cycle 5 three weeks ago, she declined contracts with Priscillas and Elite New York to rejoin her childhood modelling agency in Melbourne, Tanya Powell. On Saturday she shot a first job with Portmans. Frockwriter can reveal that van den Dungen has now signed a contract with the Sydney-based Work Agency. A boutique agency that reps photographers, hair and makeup artists, stylists and 14 models, it is operated by Helena Vitolins, who reports that she signed van den Dungen 10 days ago and that Work Agency organised the Portmans gig. Vitolins also reps Nicole Bentley who shot the campaign. Vitolins reports that her biggest model names are Holly Thompson, who has shot for Vogue Australia and Siew Longhorn - who has worked for Calvin Klein Jeans, Tommy Hilfiger and, last week, The Gap. But arguably the agency’s most high profile name in any field to date is photographer Carlotta Moye, who recently shot Miranda Kerr for the cover of Australian Rolling Stone.

Vitolins reports that van den Dungen has a lot of job options. However she declined to clarify whether or not these options are completely different, or one and the same, to those mentioned yesterday by Tanya Powell - which remains van den Dungen's mother agency.

“Her chart is full” is all Vitolins would say.

Nor would Vitolins clarify if she has had any dealings with any international agencies with regards to van den Dungen.

It does appear however that van den Dungen is unlikely to be turning up on the SS10 international runways in September and October.

“It’s far too early for that” said Vitolins. “I think it’s important that Cassi establishes herself in the Australian market and learns to model. She’s loving modelling and I think she has the potential to do very well.”

She added, “I’m a small agency. I’ve always been very much under the radar, I’m not in the Yellow Pages. It’s total management and I am very selective. It’s a very career-based agency. I don’t represent people who don’t work”.

frockwriter.blogspot.com

and here are her measurements ! :drool:

Height - 5'10"

Bust - 34"

Waist - 24"

Hips - 34" Shoe - 9

Hair Dark - Blonde

Eyes - Green

http://www.workagency.com.au/

• 2 weeks later...