Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2009 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

Jade**

they're now in the facebook as the newest Angels

Thanks for a reference to the source.

Guess I wasn't too far off after all. Just 5 days ago I wrote:

In addition to Heidi, Adriana, Alessandra, Miranda, Marisa, and Doutzen, we have Emanuela (the imaginary angel), Candice, Rosie, and Lindsay as ones listed most often as angel contenders. That's 10 models.

The only one I missed is Chanel. I didn't think they'd sign "all" of them, and I could most certainly do without Candice and Emanuela, but I guess you can't win them all. Out of each line-up of angels, there's always a couple that I don't like so I guess the two of them can just join the list.

I hope adding all of these models means that Alessandra will stop getting 30 catalogue covers a year. Even if they "love" her (which they clearly do), that's still insane.

I'm so thrilled about this news I don't give a crap if they're 11 Angels. And I can bet on it some girls are gonna get kicked off the Angel line. Miranda,Marisa,Doutzen and Heidi might be gone soon.

I don't think Marisa is going anywhere. She is the best spokesperson they have right now on that line-up.

I posted on the 29th that I was worried about Miranda and Doutzen's statuses. If they are on their way out, then it would suck but I'd be okay with it. As much as I wouldn't want either of them to leave because they are good additions to the line-up, I'd rather see them leave too early than stay too long. If a couple of those angels are still around 5 years from now as speculated, then you can guarantee that people will be saying the same thing about them as they say about Heidi right now.

Gisele is looking smarter and smarter everyday. She definitely left at the right time. She rode the wave, and then she got out.

Gisele was very smart to leave when she wanted to leave because she made people want her back. Heidi has worn out her welcome and needs to go as well as Ale. I love Adriana but she needs to go to. I really hope they get rid of some girls after this now. I like Miranda but shes not doing anything for me. The only one I want to stay is Marisa.

Gisele was very smart to leave when she wanted to leave because she made people want her back. Heidi has worn out her welcome and needs to go as well as Ale. I love Adriana but she needs to go to. I really hope they get rid of some girls after this now. I like Miranda but shes not doing anything for me. The only one I want to stay is Marisa.

Gisele left because VS didn't want to give her more money. If they did, I'm sure she would still be with them like Heidi. I agree that some of the old girls (Not Adriana or Ale) are going since the 5 new ones are here to stay for at least the next 3 years. Heidi, for sure considering the other stuff VS said about Adriana. Once Heidi goes, I still can't see them keeping 10 girls which is why I think Miranda or Doutzen (or both) might be out.

Heidi has worn out her welcome and needs to go as well as Ale. I love Adriana but she needs to go to.

People will argue that they are the most popular and famous ones, but no matter how popular they are, there's still a such thing as staying too long. Hell, Heidi is famous and popular, but it doesn't stop people from saying she needs to go. Because they have already been with the company so long, the longer Adriana and Alessandra stick around, the more you will hear the same things about them.

I see what VS is doing by adding all of these younger girls. They have an "older" line-up right now.

Heidi = 36

Marisa = 31

Adriana & Alessandra = 28

Miranda = 26

Doutzen = 25

If Adriana and Alessandra end up being around 5 more years, that'll put them at 33 when their deals ended. If Marisa signed an extension she'd be in her mid 30s when the deal ended. Same with Miranda. She'd be almost 30 or in her early 30s when her contract ended if she was extended. With these new girls, they have two 20 year olds (Chanel and Emanuela), a 21 year old (Candice), a 22 year old (Rosie) and a 23 year old (Lindsay). I think they are adding youth more than anything.

I can't see all of them panning out. I can't see any of them becoming iconic angels and household names ala Gisele or Tyra either, but VS is taking a big leap and trying something different and I give them a semi-golf clap for it.

Its true you can't say that they will be household names because you have no idea how the public will like them. Karolina worked for VS for a long time but alot of people (regular people) have no clue who she is. It takes a special girl to become famous and a icon like Gisele and Heidi. Who knows how the new girls careers will be like.

Man i cant believe this. I'm so happy for all the girls. I mean i dont care how many angels there are. The more the merrier. I knew Candice, Rosie and Emanuela were definties but i didnt think Lindsay or Chanel would be. But good for them. I like them both.

I like Heidi but im fine with her finishing with the company. But i dont want Miranda or Doutzen to go anywhere. The two of them are amazing for VS. Especially Miranda for me. I think cause she is from Aus it makes me love her more.

I dont necessarily think there needs to be girls leaving. I mean only back in 2007 there was Ale,Adri,KK,Heidi,Izabel,Selita,Miranda and Marisa who were all contracted angels. And sure after that they finished but that was a whole heap of girls. I think its great to have a variety of different girls. I just had this feeling that Rosie was definately gonna be made an Angel and im so happy.

Yeah i really wanted Rosie, Candice and Emanuela to be angels. I was hoping that this year would be there year as angels. I just had a feeling that the three of them would be. Lindsay i think is kind of cool to have a young American model. She's really pretty and was apart of a huge launch this year with Body so i thought ok. I like Chanel but if i had to choose i wouldnt keep her. I dont know just dont see her as an Angel. But still havent seen her in a show yet. My only problem with Lindsay and Chanel is they are way too skinny.

Especially Miranda for me. I think cause she is from Aus it makes me love her more.

I think she'll be okay if she ends up going. She's reasonably famous in Australia. She has her book, skin care line, and has shown her diversity in the last couple of months with her modelling work. The three editorials that have just been released in the last month put ALL of her VS work to shame. Where the hell has THAT Miranda been this entire time? I hope she can keep it up to some extent. VS took her career to another level that it would not have been at otherwise, and I think if she's smart she can turn all of that into a more longterm career back home if it turns out that her time with the company is winding down - and we don't know that just yet. If she is around for 2 more years as speculated, then that would make 5 or so years as an angel. That's a pretty good run, I think. Not too long, not too short, but unfortunately not very memorable either.

I dont necessarily think there needs to be girls leaving. I mean only back in 2007 there was Ale,Adri,KK,Heidi,Izabel,Selita,Miranda and Marisa who were all contracted angels.

And just over a year later three of them were gone. Even if Heidi goes, that would take them down to 10. Unless they want to market their line-up as "The Perfect 10" or something, it's still a lot. The more angels you have, the more it dilutes the exclusivity that the contract once had. I could also argue that signing 5 at once (and some of them being very unknown and lackluster) does that as well.

Yeah i see your point Tori. I mean they are not just gonna fire them right after the show. I mean really Doutzen and Marisa are still relatively new as angels. Maybe two years while Miranda has three. I agree about all her recent work too. She's been on fire and especially because its mainly been HF i hope to see more of her. Thats kind of why i see Miranda sticking with VS. She is becoming a pretty big name and i dont see them getting rid of her right at her prime if that makes sense. Doutzen has been in HF for ages and has settled down with VS and Loreal. But i dont think she has become as big as they wanted her to be. Not at the level that all the other angels are at.

Well this will be an interesting show. Heidi is hosting and its the debuet of 5 new angels. One of them we have never seen walk a VS Show either. So it will be interesting.

I think heidi, Alessandra and Adriana need to go already, they have been stuck with vs for a long time. but i really think heidi, marissa, and miranda are going to leave vs next year. since 2010 miranda and marissa are going to have their 3 year contract over, and i get the feeling that heidi is leaving vs the end of this year. I think doutzen is leaving in 2011 for vs because that is when her 3 year is over. I don't see why they made lindsay an angel i don't get her appeal. and is Behati an angel?