Bellazon

Hailey Clauson
Thumbnail

sarnic

Quoted for Truth

I think it went down sorta like this: mom & dad signed off on the shoot, thinking they could bank on princess' profits from the photos. then they show up in stores and people find out "hey, the princess with the curlies hanging out is only 15!" the parents suddenly look terrible (well, i wouldn't say "suddenly" but i digress...) and they have to clean up their image. so they sue, as is the good ol' american way.

or, version 2 - they agreed as long as they acted as 'managers' to princess... well princess gets a few dirty bird's to take her pictures and tell her how she can do it on her own and she doesn't need ma & pa idiot to help her. she decides to break out on her own, and the parents pull the cord in the only way they know to salvage funds at this point - a lawsuit.

Well that one thing that can be said for this lawsuit is now everyone and their mother knows who Hailey Clauson is. :(

Video from the shoot.

Salacious images, considering she was 15 at the time, there is no doubt many parents would question such images being agreed upon to be taken of their daughter in the first place. But the lawsuit itself is completely bloated and out of proportion (28 million in damages...huh????). I can't begin to think that the parents didn't have some clue into what the whole industries was about. I have a feeling poor Hailey is caught up between all this and was just having a good time thru out this whole photoshoot. Too bad it all had to come to this. Selfish, yes but which side?

Chances are her parents didn't pick the magical sue happy number, it would be the lawyers, and if you're not used to dealing with them it'd be easy to get caught up in hype. Mom and Dad may very well think that they can get 28 mill because of the BS they're being fed.

Maker Of Racy Hailey Clauson T-Shirt Didn’t Know The Image Was Unauthorized

Yesterday we reported that Urban Outfitters was being sued for selling a t-shirt screenprinted with an unauthorized photo of teenage model Hailey Clauson. But last night we learned the company that actually made the shirt had no idea they weren’t allowed to use the photo, or that Clauson was only 15 years old when it was taken.

Blood Is The New Black owner Mitra Khayyam emailed Styleite to explain that neither she, nor her staff nor anyone at Urban Outfitters was aware that photographer Jason Lee Parry didn’t get a release form for the photo, which Clauson’s parents called “salacious” in their lawsuit against Urban Outfitters. Khayyam also denied the allegation that her company stole the image from Parry. The company has worked with him before, and the image in question is one of several that were “delivered to us … with the sole purpose of producing tee shirts and marketing them to our network of stores worldwide.” From the email:

Blood is the New Black is very sensitive to the matter at hand as it was revealed to us that the Model was underage after the release of the tee shirts. We do not take this issue lightly as many of our customers are young men and women. Blood is the New Black has always been supportive of up and coming artists – our core mission is provide a space for emerging talent in design, art, and photography. The line has produced over a thousand images bearing works by 50 international artists, many of which our customers have come to know, love and support. We find it unfortunate that after six years of business we find ourselves, and our partners, part of a situation brought on by a lack of proper protocol from a member of the artistic community. We have addressed this issue internally to ensure such an egregious oversight never occurs again.

Khayyam said she values her relationship with Urban Outfitters and wouldn’t intentionally do something to damage it, saying “they must not be held responsible for this gross oversight.”

That leaves us asking, who will be held responsible? Only time (in court, that is) will tell.

http://www.styleite.com/media/hailey-claus...ban-outfitters/

That would be the "salacious image" in question, at least 1 of few others also in question. In my opinion there is no doubt someone along the way knew such a picture of a 15 yr old was not necessarily the best idea here. No doubt someone needs to be the responsible party here. I'm 15 here and i wouldn't ever want such a photo taken of me, much less my parents.

According to the photographer "The reason she set her legs up on the motorcycle is because the pipes were hot." Which could very well be the case. :idk:

I honestly think the picture was just take at the wrong time and if you look at most of the other shots, none of them are like that one. Bad pose/shot gets out, starts drama, it happens to a lot of models, just rarely at the ripe old age of 15.

Even when Hailey was 13-14 she had a certain "sex appeal" about her... and as a child it'd be increasingly easy to exploit that... not only by the photographers, but by her agency who never once complained about any other pictures she ever did that were remotely "scandalous." I'm honestly thinking that the parents just let it go because they didn't want to rock the boat early on and ruin their daughters career.

Hailey in her real life is nothing like she is in her pictures. She's honestly just a normal sweet teenager who act goofy and isn't aware of herself (till the cameras are turned on).

I feel for Hailey in this situation, and hopefully all this gets resolved asap. :(

As for the money. That's all the lawyers doing. Chances are they feel that 28 mill is roughly how much the company is going to make on the tshirts, thus the magical number was born and they want a piece. I pray to god her parents smarten up and realize they aren't getting that amount regardless of whatever bullshit the lawyers are telling them.

I don't think its gonna hurt her career at all. They even showed a whole segment about it on the local news today in my small town. :o :o They mentioned her name,showed her walking the runway,videos of her etc...I was so surprised considering where I come from is fashion illiterate. I mean just thinking people from my town may even know a models name now is astonishing. :laugh:

anyway she's growing on me lately. :blush: