Bellazon

Yasmeen Ghauri
Thumbnail

diplostabus

She is maybe the most gracious model of all times...I adore her...never collected her and maybe kinda regret it now, but it is good to see some scans online...and here are some contributions from me...hope they will not be reposts:

From French Vogue, 6-7/1991, my scans:

10pumnd.jpg

and here are 2 pages from Harper's & Queen from 1985...I asked people on forums if they know of this editorial and if this could be indeed yasmeen, but nobody reacted...can you guys tell me if it is really her? It looks exactly like her, but the year confuses me...1985 was too early...I would love to hear your opinions, here are the pages, scanned by me:

119ynnp.jpg

and here are 2 pages from Harper's & Queen from 1985...I asked people on forums if they know of this editorial and if this could be indeed yasmeen, but nobody reacted...can you guys tell me if it is really her? It looks exactly like her, but the year confuses me...1985 was too early...I would love to hear your opinions, here are the pages, scanned by me:

Hi Rado,

It wouldn't be Yasmeen because she started modeling in 1987.

Hi and thanks a lot for paying attention to my post...thank you for replying and trying to solve that mystery...and wow, what a find indeed...her first photoshoot is amazing...I could tell from looking at those photos that she has great potencial....but did you take a look at the scan i posted? Isn't that like a total replica of Yasmeen's face? I could swear it is her...and how knowing she started in 1987 it really could not be her, but maybe I had a mistake with the date of the magazine I scanned...this face can not be mistaken. What do you think about the scan I posted? See the bone structure, the shape of the eyes, nose and lips....and by the way Yasmeen must have done some major surgery on her jawline, cause she looked and spoke differently in her first years...and after 1995 is all changed...wonder what happened.

Isn't that like a total replica of Yasmeen's face? I could swear it is her...and how knowing she started in 1987 it really could not be her, but maybe I had a mistake with the date of the magazine I scanned...this face can not be mistaken. What do you think about the scan I posted?
That's what I was gonna say, that maybe the date of the scan is wrong. It definitely looks like Yasmeen circa 1989 or 1990.

Hi and thanks a lot for paying attention to my post...thank you for replying and trying to solve that mystery...and wow, what a find indeed...her first photoshoot is amazing...I could tell from looking at those photos that she has great potencial....but did you take a look at the scan i posted? Isn't that like a total replica of Yasmeen's face? I could swear it is her...and how knowing she started in 1987 it really could not be her, but maybe I had a mistake with the date of the magazine I scanned...this face can not be mistaken. What do you think about the scan I posted? See the bone structure, the shape of the eyes, nose and lips....and by the way Yasmeen must have done some major surgery on her jawline, cause she looked and spoke differently in her first years...and after 1995 is all changed...wonder what happened.

yasmeen never seemed to be the type that would do cosmetic surgery just for modeling. in fact, I would be shocked if that actually happened.

I was not saying cosmetic surgery...it was her jawline....or rather the teeth down...i can not explain it well in English...but if you compare interviews from the beginning and after 1996 you will sense the difference...her chin was much ahead of her upper teeth line...and it showed a lot while she was talking...then in 1996 all seemed fixed and she spoked normally...not sure if I am explaining it right...oh well, she is gorgeous any way;))) By the way i have a few photos remained from Victoria's Secret catalogs...i wonder if anyone ever posted some of her work for VS...I love her photos for VS...I also have some of her catalog work...no matter what she does and what client she works for, her work looks classy and sophisticated, even the most boring german catalog...

• 3 weeks later...