Bellazon

Miranda Kerr
Thumbnail

katgirl

Thanks to a friend on tFS, I got the AMAZING news that Daria will be among three other models in the Fall/Winter campaign for Prada, shot by none other than Steven Meisel! I think I have died and gone to heaven. Seriously.

Daria will star in this long awaited campaign with Angela Lindvall, Miranda Kerr, and Valerija Kelava. What a unique, for lack of better word, group of girls! Prada campaigns usually have multiple models, but with Daria (and Angela) in the mix, it is a whole other story. Considering Daria hasn't worked with Steven Meisel since the Belstaff S/S 2006 campaign, this news brings much joy... Oh how am I supposed to fall asleep now?

http://dariaw.onsugar.com/Prada-FW-1011-Campaign-8322340

Barbie’s new collection has a distinctively Aussie look, with some of the 12 new mini models inspired by Australian beauties.

The rise of Australian supermodels including Miranda Kerr, Abbey Lee Kershaw, Catherine McNeil and Elyse Taylor has inspired leading designers, magazine editors, makeup artists and now Mattel – the makers of Barbie the world’s most famous doll.

The Barbie Basics Collection, launched at Australian Fashion Week, consists of 12 dolls styled in the timeless little black dress, each featuring faces inspired by supermodels including our own Aussie beauties.

Unlike their regular counterparts the dozen designer dolls are aimed more at their adult fans.

“It is aimed at a fashion consumer and a consumer who’s going to be aware of the kind of girls like Miranda Kerr, Abbey Lee Kershaw and Catherine McNeil who are working and dominating the pages of fashion magazines,” says Robert Best, Barbie’s principal designer.

To celebrate their unveiling, Australian jeweller Stefano Canturi collaborated with the Barbie design team to create the world’s most expensive Barbie doll, sporting an exclusive necklace valued at $600,000 and complete with a pink diamond.

Seeking to keep the 50-year-old doll relevant, Mattel has sourced faces and designers that tap into today’s international fashion scene.

“We are always looking at what’s going on in current culture,” Best says.

“We have to look at girls who are doing covers and we incorporate that by working with our face designers and we give them examples of girls who are tearing up the chart.”

“When you see so much of a face in the media, like Miranda Kerr, who is so beautiful, you might pull a tear sheet from her Victoria Secrets campaign and give that to technicians painting the faces as a general inspiration … and somehow that gets translated into a doll.”

Selling Barbies is a big business. With a five per cent rise in this quarter’s sales, the world’s largest toymaker Mattel has posted earnings of $US24.8 million ($A26.77 million).

Best says using supermodels as inspiration means the dolls will have huge reach.

“The strength of a supermodel is people aspire to her because there is something compelling … something that appeals universally.

“When you talk about star quality that’s what it is, it’s not just that she’s pretty.

“I think all the Australians have that and that’s why they are dominating the industry right now.”

mirandakerrweb.com

Angela (main) + Miranda (vitoria secret girl) + Daria (new model) and Valeri are the models of the new campaign for Pradawith Steven Meisel. Adv theme of the new Prada's music! They will sing at the shooting! Oba Arezzo done before in Brazil. Steven Meisel photo and video is in three days. Steven Meisel shoot back to the campaign Prada man again after almost three years without doing so he made the woman's! Sera Musica tb!

twitter/GB65

I’m so happy for Miranda! No word to say it! I’m really pround of her and I was SURE she was the new face of Prada. And it’s a king of revenge against all the people who say she’s only a commercial model. For me, there is no case in modelling, there is just people who trust it! And if one model could work in both way (commercial and high fashion), and break the rules, it would be our Miranda and no one else! I’m sure it’s the begenning of a new part of her carrer!

And to celebrate this fantastic new, I add pictures from Victoria’s Secret website. I try to collect new pics, which have never been posted before. I’m really sorry if you find among them a picture you already know. I tried my best! And hope you enjoy them!

post-37343-1273066901_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273066911_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273066919_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273066930_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273066940_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273066950_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273066960_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273066971_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273066980_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273066989_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273066999_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273067009_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273067020_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273067030_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273067040_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273067053_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273067064_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273067083_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273067092_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273067114_thumb.jpg

post-37343-1273067125_thumb.jpg

I’m so happy for Miranda! No word to say it! I’m really pround of her and I was SURE she was the new face of Prada. And it’s a king of revenge against all the people who say she’s only a commercial model. For me, there is no case in modelling, there is just people who trust it! And if one model could work in both way (commercial and high fashion), and break the rules, it would be our Miranda and no one else! I’m sure it’s the begenning of a new part of her carrer!

Totally agree with you Edie :) Nicely said!

Love Miranda in the VS ads you did Edernez. And I also think it's a great thing, this campaign for Prada. She is far away the most beautiful model :heart::heart: (in my opinion) and I think she deserves all the good things that happened to her recently. I mean not only Prada, or her runway appearances in Paris and Milan, but also her photoshoots for the most famous fashion magasines. And now I'm pretty impatient to see the result of all of this work! (Y)

Thanks, Rose, Blair and Nightlife! Happy to see you like some of them. :heart:

And Rosewitha, I'm really impatient to see the new Miranda's editorials. But I really don't know for what issue she works for Vogue US or I-D... Does anyone know something about it? It seems a little bit long sometimes! I'm sooo impatient! Miranda works a lot but presently, we can't see anything! It's frustrating!!! :laugh:

Yes and has she never inform anybody about her work, contrary to some other models it's more easy to follow, it would be a great surprise when something will appear. And personnaly I'm convinced all will arrived at the same time (magasine photoshoots, Prada campaign, and why not, some new stuff on VS and also some surprises...)

We have to be patients!