Bellazon

Josephine Skriver
Thumbnail

sarnic

Thank you! :flower: :flower:

Despite that weird outfit, you can see that she had so much fun, and was super happy to be there!

I can't wait to see her in motion. Also love she high fived Elsa :)

Yeah the high-five was great.

I personally loved her outfit :wub2: . So playful and cute as a button on her. I much prefer Josephine's single outfit over Tonis two. I just hope that next year she gets wings, and between now and then she gets a ton of work. She certainly deserves it. What a vivacious babe :heart: .

Victoria’s Secret Newbie Josephine Skriver on her First Ever Show: "It’s the Model Super Bowl"

By all accounts, Danish model Josephine Skriver, 20, is already a success. She’s in the top 50 on Models.com, walked in dozens of spring 2014 shows—including Chanel and Valentino—and has landed tons of magazine editorials. But walking for Victoria's Secret, not Karl Lagerfeld, is what will make you a household name. And Skriver is doing that for the first time ever this year.

But racking up major fashion cred isn’t the only thing that Skriver has been up to. She has also been making headlines for her advocacy for marriage equality—a topic that, having grown up with two sets of gay parents, is near and dear to the model’s heart. With her buzzworthy status as her platform, Skriver recently told Amy Odell that she wants “to be the voice” for kids who are raised in similar households to her own.

However, her coveted slot on the 2013 Victoria's Secret runway was the focus last night when we caught up with the gorgeous Copenhagen native backstage. Find out how she landed the gig, how she prepped for it, and the advice she got from more seasoned Angels.

What was the audition process like for you?

For me it’s always more nerve wracking than any other casting. Even though it’s a lot the same, you just know it’s such a big thing to get this show and you’re super excited for it. I’ve auditioned two times before. Third time is the charm!
Have you done lingerie and swimsuit modeling in the past?
Not really, not a lot. But I’ve worked with them before, on their main clothing line.
Were you nervous to walk in front of everyone wearing nothing but a bra?
Not so much. I’m pretty used to undressing in front of people in my career and I’m really happy with my body at the moment so I think that helps a lot.
How long ago did you find out you got the job?
About a week ago.
What have you been doing to prepare for the show?
I basically do what I usually do. I didn’t do any extra for this show because all year ‘round I keep my body in shape because of this work. I box a lot and spin and run.
What did you have for dinner last night?
I had an omelette with some greens. Light and easy! I was tired after the rehearsal, so just something quick.
What are you wearing?
I’m walking in the Pink section and I have this smiley face on my stomach that makes faces. It’s so much fun. And I wear a hoodie and some underwear and leg warmers.
Are you nervous?
I think I’m a really good mixture of super excited and a bit nervous because of course this is my first show and it’s different because it’s a TV show. It’s not just a fashion show. It’a a lot more performance, and you have to be aware of a lot more cameras. It’s not just like looking dead straight ahead.
Did the other girls have any advice for you?
They just said enjoy it and be out there and have a good time. And I think that’s what it’s all about. Just feel great and don’t take it too seriously. I totally feel like it’s the model Super Bowl!

- elle.com