Bellazon

Marlon Teixeira
Thumbnail

MauiKane

So stupid lmao would make me not want to shop there, Marlon is above this dumb trash. 

Bruce Weber could of gone all the lines of the cops shoot he did with Candice etc this is just weird.. Much more prefer Marlon with Osmose and Candice the shoots the do are beautiful not this rubbish.

^ Why don't you tell us how you really feel.  :hehe:

Marlon certainly doesn't need the exposure or the work, so......

Why did Marlon choose to appear in this Barney's video?   :idk: A favor to Bruce Weber?  :huh:

Barney's reputation in men's fashions?  :dontgetit:

Your thoughts?     

Why did Marlon choose to appear in this Barney's video?   :idk: A favor to Bruce Weber?  :huh:

Your thoughts?     

Hard to know, really. What I really wonder is...What was Barney's thinking? What did Barney's hope to achieve with this weirdness? Were they going for a camp version of a Busby Berkeley 1940's-era swimming pool extravaganza? An Esther Williams special with a male chorus line? Whatever they were going for, I think it's safe to say that they missed by a mile. FairyCandice is right: This is tacky. And just plain weird.

Your thoughts?     

Hard to know, really. What I really wonder is...What was Barney's thinking? What did Barney's hope to achieve with this weirdness? Were they going for a camp version of a Busby Berkeley 1940's-era swimming pool extravaganza? An Esther Williams special with a male chorus line? Whatever they were going for, I think it's safe to say that they missed by a mile. FairyCandice is right: This is tacky. And just plain weird.

Lol ... Your right Marlon doesn't need the exposure or the work, Which is why i find it so baffling he would do this project. He does seem to have a lot of respect for Bruce Weber which could have something to do with it. But i can only voice my opinion i cannot comment for Marlon as to why he took part in this.

Barney's just lost all respect from me for using this tacky promo, Who is honestly going to be at home and see this and think wow i would love to go shop there. Are they even promoting any clothing in it? Seems more like men in speedos rubbing and rolling around with each other and thrown in a middle aged woman just for the hell of it.

Weird just the whole promo from the production styling and music.

When you look at previous campaigns Marlon has done as i said the Osmoze one they are stylish stunning and you can actually tell it is him. Brands like Ozmose know how to use a model to their full potential... They went with the young in love beach vibe and used two of fashion's top models they didn't need 10+ to try make people take notice of their brand.. And not throwing out this camp theme which is a bit exploitative because we all know Marlon loves women.

Barney's = Big fat paycheck

Shooting with CB = Main-street publicity

It's pretty easy to know why he did it :ninja:

Yes, it's very easy to speculate. But unless we hear from Marlon, his agent, or someone from his entourage who truly knows, we really don't know for sure, do we? :/

FairyCandice raises a very good point ... Given Marlon's previous campaigns that are classy and stunning, his appearance in this one is indeed baffling. :dontgetit:

Even if they shoot with many models he got two solo pictures (so far) and none of the other male models got as many pictures as him or even one picture alone. Bruce Weber works with big groups, but he and Barneys are aware of Marlon's high profile on the fashion world and they used him. I actually love this campaign.

post-86660-0-82893000-1423539684_thumb.j

post-86660-0-60859900-1423539690_thumb.j

Yes, it's very easy to speculate. But unless we hear from Marlon, his agent, or someone from his entourage who truly knows, we really don't know for sure, do we? :/

FairyCandice raises a very good point ... Given Marlon's previous campaigns that are classy and stunning, his appearance in this one is indeed baffling. :dontgetit:

I'm not speculating, it's a known fact that those big department stores (Saks, Barney's, Bloomingdale's, MACY's, etc) pay a lot of cash to their models. The fact that they were able to get Christie, Brooke Shields and Marlon alone tells you that the paychecks must have been really good, you combine that with the publicity that Christie & the other names bring and the fact that it was shot by Bruce (who also has a very high rate, more $ involved) and you have the ideal job.

Is it the best campaign ever? Nop, not at all. But hey, for that paycheck he probably got I would have done it too.

I'm not speculating, it's a known fact that those big department stores (Saks, Barney's, Bloomingdale's, MACY's, etc) pay a lot of cash to their models. The fact that they were able to get Christie, Brooke Shields and Marlon alone tells you that the paychecks must have been really good, you combine that with the publicity that Christie & the other names bring and the fact that it was shot by Bruce (who also has a very high rate, more $ involved) and you have the ideal job.

Is it the best campaign ever? Nop, not at all. But hey, for that paycheck he probably got I would have done it too.

Still speculation based on the "fact" that you cited. As I indicated, only Marlon and his agent, or his representatives, know for sure.  Get me quotes from Marlon or the others, and only then will l be convinced. The same holds true for the other models. Until then....speculation.  

As if we'll ever hear from Marlon or his agent. Truth is, fashion as any other job, money talks I don't see what is so strange/unusual/hard to believe about it, especially when so many models have expressed already that commercial brands do pay better :idk: