Bellazon

Katharine McPhee
Thumbnail

^ voted

Katharine McPhee Sings For The Bee Gees

At this year’s BMI Awards, the Bee Gees were honored for writing that huge number of songs throughout the years. In a recent interview with Spinner, Barry Gibb actually said - “This is the one award that we would’ve wanted more than any.”

Barry and brother Robin (their brother, Maurice, has passed away) were serenaded with renditions of some of their best-known songs by several artists, including American Idol runner-up, Katharine McPhee.

Katharine, who sang “Immortality,” gushed to Spinner about what it meant to be there that night. She said “I’m seeing all these people I know that I didn’t think were going to be here, and I’m like, ‘Oh, s***, this is a big industry thing.’” Uhh… duh!

Anyways, when acted about her earliest Bee Gee memory, Kat said -”Basically just driving in the car with my dad. My dad would take us to school every morning, and if the Beatles were on or the Bee Gees were on, he’d be like, ‘Who’s on right now?’ He’d always test us, make sure we knew the icons.”

''Let's just face it: Now that the first single [Over It] is pretty much over, I can now say that that wasn't my favorite song. In the nicest way you can possibly say it, I didn't want that song to be something that I was a part of. I don't know how else to say it. 'If I had let the record label make the record that they wanted to make, I think it would have been a completely different record. [The record label and Clive Davis] would have gone for more of like the Celine Dion big-ballad thing. Or the female version of Josh Grobin. Which is fine, but I think I'm so young, it's not what I want to do right now. I think you can always do that. Like 10 years from now, I'll only be 32, you can do that.''

- American Idol runner-up Katharine McPhee

:rofl: :rofl: