Bellazon

Camila Alves
Thumbnail

Celebuzz/Just Jared

Meet Matthew McConaughey’s Newest Son

Just one month after giving birth, Matthew McConaughey's wife Camila Alves introduces her baby boy Livingston to the world while out for a stroll in New Orleans on January 27, 2013.

camila-alves-debuts-baby-livingston.jpg

Camilla-Alves-new-baby1-435x580.jpgCamilla-Alves-new-baby2-435x580.jpg

camila-alves-debuts-baby-livingston-5.jp

Popsugar/Just Jared

Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves stopped by a bakery in New Orleans on Monday (January 28). It was an extraspecial outing for the couple since they were celebrating Camila's 30th birthday. She tweeted about the milestone, saying, "Today I am 30 years old, Livingston is 30 days old, and I'm blessed with 3 healthy children . . . I am so thankful and full of joy!"

Matthew-McConaughey-Camila-Alves-He.jpgmatthew-mcconaughey-camila-alves-bi.jpg
matthew-mcconaughey-camila-alves-bi-3.jp

http://www.active.com/donate/jklivin2012/camilaalves

Camila Alves Charity Fundraiser

THE SKY IS THE LIMIT! Don’t be shy! ;-)

MY DOLLAR CAMPAIGN...NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL, YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Hello everyone as you know I am not big on asking anyone for things…but this time I am coming out shameless!!

The Holidays are just behind us, I just had my third child, and I'm turning the "BIG 30" on my birthday January 28!! Friends and loved ones have being asking me what I want as gifts, and all I can think of is how much I would love to help others. So that's it. I am shamelessly asking you to help me help others! That will be the best gift you can give me! I would like to thank you in advance for your donations, which will be split in two ways:

1. Our Foundation the j.k. livin Foundation, which is dedicated to empowering high school students to lead active lives and make healthy choices to become great men and women.

2. Haiti Relief. I gave my word to someone very special that I would help, I will let you know who that is when this is done! ;-)

FOUNDATION INFO:

j.k. livin foundation-Founded by my husband Matthew McConaughey and I, j.k. livin foundation was created to empower high school students to lead active lives.

Haiti Relief-Your donations will be supporting multi-tier humanitarian relief including clean energy development, education, job creation, and much more.

Macy's Blog November 14, 2012

Behind-the-scenes with the face of INC, Camilla Alves!

The absolutely gorgeous & newly appointed face of INC International Concepts, Camilla Alves, sat down with me to discuss her new job, being a working mother and of course, home décor! Read on to get the scoop...

LB: How has life changed for you since being named the new face of INC International Concepts for Macy’s?

CA: I’ve always loved fashion, but becoming a part of the INC International Concepts family has given me more of an appreciation for the different elements that go into putting a look together. It’s helped me further develop my own sense of style, which paid off because I was recently honored with the Accessories Council Trendsetter Award at the 2012 ACE awards!

LB: Congrats! So, is it exciting to be a part of the INC home launch? Do you have a favorite INC bedding set?

CA: It’s so exciting! I really don’t think I can pick just one. The Ikat Collection is perfect if you want to go a little trendier, but the Incline Collection is so classic and luxe.

LB: Tell me a little bit about shooting the new “What’s in Store” commercials – were there any funny/crazy moments?

CA: I loved shooting the commercials. The team was amazing, which is important when you have to spend so much time together. It can be such a long day, but it went by so quickly that it’s almost a blur now.

LB: How would you describe your personal style and how does that inspire your home?

CA: I like to start with the basics – a simple bandage dress or jeans and a basic top – and then tie the look together with trendier accessories, like one of my MUXO bags or a cool pair of INC heels. This is reflected in my home, too. I love to pull a room together with a great funky accent piece.

LB: Is there a favorite place in your home that you like to spend time when trying to wind down from a crazy workday?

CA: Outside...The yard is where I like to take walks and just watch nature! I love the sound of all the animals and there is something about the sunset that just makes me inspired for the next day....

LB: With all of your career demands how do you balance home and family life?

CA: My family is always my number one priority, so I just make it work! I’m sure all working moms would say the same – it can be overwhelming, but I am learning to be as organized as possible (that's a big one!) and also learning that there is nothing wrong with asking for help! ;-)

LB: Having children presents a host of design challenges: Do you have any tips on how to maintain a stylish home with kids?

CA: It’s definitely more difficult to accessorize your home with kids, but it can also help you declutter. Rather than having fragile pieces that can easily be broken, I like to add a pop of color with pillows, throw blankets and fresh flowers.

LB: With the holidays on the way, how do you like to celebrate with the family? Any fun family traditions that you and Matthew like to do each year?

CA: Because of our busy schedules, we just try to slow down and enjoy the time with the other family members that we don't get to see on a daily bases... Brazil meets Texas!

http://long-island.newsday.com Thursday August 2, 2012

Camila Alves on maternity style, new gig for Macy's

She's a mother of two (with one on the way) and the wife of a movie star, but Brazilian model Camila Alves was the one in the spotlight at No. 8 in Manhattan last week as she unveiled her Fall 2012 campaign as the new face of Macy's INC International Concepts.

The aforementioned movie star, Matthew McConaughey, spent the night playing the role of proud husband, grinning and snapping photos of his wife on his iPhone as she posed in a deep plum INC bandage dress and black T-strap heels.

No, tight dresses and heels aren't your average pregnant woman's go-to outfit, but Alves is anything but average. She wore another bandage dress, also from Macy's INC, to McConaughey's “Killer Joe” premiere recently, somehow pulling off the body-hugging style with a seemingly barely-there baby bump.

She even shot the Macy's INC campaign while in the early stage of her pregnancy, but Alves says she will trade in some of her red carpet looks as her due date nears.

“At some point I will have to turn to maternity wear,” she says. “The key to looking good when you're pregnant is to find the shapes and patterns that work best for your body.” Not ready to give in yet, Alves is enjoying the trendier pieces while she can.

“Right now I'm having fun with my style,” she says. "[Macy's INC] denim, peplum tops, and banded dresses are some of my favorites.”

Alves names Macy's Herald Square and small Lower East Side boutiques like Renovation among her favorite New York shopping destinations, but when it came to the lace gown she wore for her June wedding to McConaughey, she went back to her roots and hired a Brazilian designer she has known since she was a child. “The most special thing about that dress is that it was made with so much love and that it was such a special process to make,” she said. “You can see the love in the dress.”

The model's new husband also drew the crowd's attention in a formal black and white ensemble, but Alves wasn't taking credit for his look.

“I don't tell him what to wear,” she said, “but just like any couple we help each other out.”

“Just keep livin” Matthew McConaughey’s been saying for years, and while he and Camila Alves created the ‘j.k. livin’ foundation in 2008, their recent baby name pick apparently has no particular connection to the family motto at all!

“I have three children now,” Matthew McConaughey recently gushed to E! News, as if we hadn’t heard the happy news reports of baby three’s arrival. “We just had a very healthy young son named Livingston.”

When asked about the meaning behind his newborn son’s name, he clarified, “It just means Livingston, actually. There’s not a big history behind it.”

Explaining that he and new wife Camila Alves did do some research, he went on:

“In some religious texts it meant like grace of God, but at that time, where the name came from, they were giving a lot of names by what your occupation was. Like Baker came from a person who was actually a baker. So [for Livingston] I’m going with the art of living.”

US Magazine/Daily Mail

Sandra Bullock, Son Louis Join Matthew McConaughey's Wife Camila Alves and Kids at the Audubon Zoo

Post-game play date! One day after watching the Baltimore Ravens triumph over the San Francisco 49ers at the Feb. 3 Super Bowl in New Orleans,Sandra Bullock treated her 2-year-old son, Louis, to another big outing IN NOLA: a day at the city's Audubon Zoo with Matthew McConaughey's's wife, Camila Alves, and their kids Levi, 4, and Vida, 2.

Casually clad in jeans, a black cardigan, a Super Bowl XLVII cap, and aviator sunglasses, the Oscar winner, 48, carried her adorable tot (in an orange shirt and grey jeans), as Alves, 31, trailed behind with her own little ones. Despite having given birth just over a month ago -- to son Livingston, who was not present for the zoo outing -- the Brazilian-born model looked slim and gorgeous in black leggings and a printed sweater, with no makeup and her hair in loose waves.

This was not the group's first play date in the Big Easy together. In November, Bullock and a then-very-pregnant Alves took their kids to see a parade and performance by the Warren Easton Charter High School band. (Alves was in town while McConaughey -- Bullock's ex -- filmed The Dallas Buyer's Club.)

post-42244-0-1445990276-94748_thumb.jpg
post-42244-0-1445990277-05461_thumb.jpg
post-42244-0-1445990277-08483_thumb.jpg
post-42244-0-1445990277-09622_thumb.jpg
Camilla-Alves-020413-7_zps14b22bfc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

People magazine (2/25/2013)

Camila McConaughey Debuts Fab Body – 8 Weeks After Baby

Camila McConaughey is the epitome of hot mama. Over the weekend, the model, 31, made a triumphant return to the red carpet in not one, but two amazing outfits. The new mom-of-three — son Livingston was born on Dec. 28 — debuted her gorgeous post-baby curves in a body-hugging black pantsuit at the QVC Red Carpet Style event Friday in Beverly Hills. And on Saturday, she showed off a little leg in a coral embellished Escada gown paired with a white snakeskin clutch, blush platform pumps and H. Stern jewels while attending the Independent Spirit Awards with husband Matthew.

So is the busy momwilling to share her secrets with other expectant women?

“I’m writing things down because there’s so many things to know and products; [the] kind of stuff that you don’t find out until later,” she told PEOPLE.

Hmm, sounds like there’s an advice book in the works. But McConaughey remained mum on the topic. “I’m not saying that yet.”

One thing she was willing to divulge: there’s lots of laughter in her house due to the funny antics of older kids Levi, 4, and Vida, 3. “They [make me laugh] every day.”

Us magazine (2/23/2013)

Post-Baby Body in Black Jumpsuit on Red Carpet

Hot mom of three! Matthew McConaugheys wife Camila Alves made her red carpet debut after welcoming their third child, son Livingston, on Dec. 28, 2012.

Alves, 31, stunned at the QVC Red Carpet Style event at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills on Friday, Feb. 22. The Brazilian model wore a low-cut black jumpsuit that showed off her slim, sexy post-baby body.

"Right now I'm still in the recovery stages so I can't really exercise too hard right now. Just diet," the mom to son Levi, 4, daughter Vida, 3, and Livingston told reporters. "It's amazing how much eating the right things and drinking enough water will actually do for your body, so that's what I'm trying to do now."

What's included in her diet plan? "Every few hours I'm eating, just small portions or protein," she explained. "A lot of vegetables. I'm trying to also learn what are the vitamins you need daily."

"My favorite thing is steak. I love steak," Alves added. "But I've been trying to get the iron levels up after having a baby so a lot of spinach and kale."