Bellazon

Camila Alves
Thumbnail

Zimbio.com

Camila Alves wore an organza gown with floral print from the Lela Rose Spring 2013 collection to the Mack, Jack & McConaughey Present John Mellencamp In Concert at ACL Live April 11, 2013 in Austin, Texas.

post-42244-0-1445990289-88889_thumb.jpgpost-42244-0-1445990289-95201_thumb.jpg

Zimbio

Camila Alves Out in NYC

(2nd picture from Dialy Mail)

Camila Alves carrying limited edition Rachel Roy FEED tote bag (Rachelroy.com)

Camila Alves was seen out recently in NYC with baby in tow carrying the new FEED Tote bag.

Designer Rachel Roy and FEED Projects Founder and CEO Lauren Bush Lauren have partnered to produce a limited-edition tote bag. The FEED 100 India Bag, created to help fight child hunger in India. For every bag sold, 100 school meals will be provided to children in India. The Rachel Roy FEED tote bag will be on sale May 1 at select Bloominigdales stores and RachelRoy.com for $78. Here’s your opportunity to shop and give back to those in need.

post-42244-0-1445990295-56232_thumb.jpgpost-42244-0-1445990295-5888_thumb.jpg

LAYDOWN_02_015_LR-400x266_zps5d211a0a.jpg

Racked

Friday, April 19, 2013

Camila Alves McConaughey Still Shops at Goodwill When in LA

http://la.racked.com/archives/2013/04/19/camila_alves_mcconaughey_still_shops_at_goodwill_when_in_la.php

th_CamilaAlvesMcConaughey_2013_4-thumb_zps635aee30.jpg

Camila Alves McConaughey may be a famous person, but she still appreciates a bargain every now and then. The super-sweet Brazilian model, who has three children with husband and actor Matthew McConaughey, is the brand ambassador for Macy's I.N.C. International Concepts and was in LA from Austin this week to talk about the line. We caught up with the brunette beauty to find out about her go-to LA spots, her favorite fashion career moment and the styles she's feeling right now.

You spent some time in LA before you made it big as a model. Where do you like to go when you're back in the city?

"I was in the South Bay area—Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach. Now we live in Malibu but when we come back I still like to go down there. They still have my favorite Goodwill and Salvation Army. And this is going to sound funny, but they have the best 99 cent store there. They have nice stuff, seriously. My favorite Mexican restaurant is in Hermosa Beach. I worked there and gosh, I can't remember the name right now because I have baby brain. [ed note: Maybe it's this spot?]."

How did you get started with Macy's?

"This is my second year being the brand ambassador for them. They approached me and wanted to have a meeting with me and I needed to go to New York to have the meeting. And I said, you know what, if we are going to get into this, it is going to be a lot of your time and a lot of my time. I said, why don't you come to our home in Austin? That's the best way to see who I am, to come to my home. And they came down, we had a very long meeting and afterwards, I got to cook for them. I knew right then that it was a great fit for me.

If women hear that something is good [from me] it's because I did try it, I did test it. It's not just because of money, I really take my time with these things. And when I learned that they cover all bases, that they go from plus-size to petite, and it's very affordable, the quality is great, and they really include everybody with this brand [i was sold]. That's my kind of philosophy."

People seem to really care about what women in the public eye wear during their pregnancies. What did you find the most flattering?

"Every pregnancy is different. With my first pregnancy, I was very bohemian, lots of flowy dresses and jewelry. With my last pregnancy, I could not put a flowy dress on. It made me look twice as big as I was. I tried an I.N.C. dress, a bandage dress, and it worked better. For me, that was a go-to. They're not Hervé Léger, they're actually very stretchy and very comfortable. Find one silhouette that works for you and stick with it."

What trends are you liking for spring?

"Well, peplums for one. And it's spring, it's time to start wearing color. Blues, and in the collection you see a lot of coral. I have a yellow leather peplum top that is beautiful. I love eyelet lace."

How would you describe your style?

"I'm trying to have fun right now. Bohemian and chic and sophisticated."

What was one of your favorite fashion moments?

"Well, I had this experience in Paris. We flew into Paris, Matthew and I, for an event with Dolce & Gabbana. We get there and my suitcase is lost. We had all these commitments and the people from Dolce & Gabbana took me to their store and let me pick out what I wanted, from sunglasses to shoes to outfits. And I was like, can I just lose my suitcase every time I fly? It was very, very special and kind of them. I'm a big fan of theirs, they are great. That was a nice moment for me."

• 2 weeks later...

Austin Monthly 4/26/13

Keeping Up with Camila

It’s hard not to adore Camila Alves McConaughey. Friendly, laid-back and breathtakingly beautiful, the Brazilian model and designer has an effortless charm. She tied the knot with her longtime actor beau Matthew McConaughey last June and gave birth to their third child, Livingston, in December. (The couple also has a 4-year-old son, Levi, and a 3-year-old daughter, Vida.) We recently chatted with Camila, the brand ambassador for INC, before she co-hosted a fashion show for the line’s spring collection at Macy’s in The Domain. Here she dishes about spring trends, style tips and her favorite Austin spots.

On home ties: “When INC first came to me with the idea of being the brand ambassador, they wanted me to fly into New York to meet all the Macy’s executives, and I said, ‘You know what? The best way to get to know me is to come to my home,’” she says. So the reps came to Austin so that Camila could cook for them and get to know them within the city.

On spring trends: While she notes many hot looks of the season, from the color white to eyelet dresses to warm-weather leather, Camila especially likes the resurgence of peplum. “I think every woman should have [peplum] in her closet,” she says. “If you’re really skinny, it will give you some curves and movement. But if you’re trying to cover something up, it’s flattering.”

On her best fashion advice: “Women need to remember that there could be 1,000 trends out there, but if they don’t work for your body type, don’t do it! It’s going to make you look worse,” she says. “Sure, I believe everybody should look at the trends, but only do what works for you.”

On her evolving maternal style: “I’m a little bit bohemian chic,” she says. “As much as I love dressing up sexy in things that flatter the body, I’m a little more conscious now. I’m a mother! I can do things that are sexy, but it’s got to be classy.”

On her favorite local spots: Camila likes to shop at By George and loves to eat at Uchi, Perla’s (Larry McGuire catered her wedding) and downtown at Eddie V’s. “I can travel, but my favorite steak is Eddie V’s,” she says. “It’s my favorite steak of all time.”

On getting her pre-baby body back: “I have not been able to exercise yet since I’ve had the baby,” Camila says, also admitting, “I’m not good on doing diets. I’m not really disciplined.”

To drop the baby weight, she keeps her house stocked with healthy foods, but also allows herself days when she can bend the rules. “I have days where I go, 'Today I’m going to eat what I want,' and on those days, I try to do it before 6 o’clock, so I don’t get too bad.”

Camila has switched from drinking margaritas to red wine and drinks tons of water throughout the day. Addionally, she likes to cut up fruit and let it sit in water and a little vinegar to kill anything, then rinses and cuts up the fruit for a delicious snack. But the fruit isn’t just for her benefit, she says: “The kids love it!”