Bellazon

Last movie you saw...

Legion

The Lives of Others: I wouldn't say it's a perfect movie, but it was still a really engrossing story about life under the Stasi. It's hard not to feel a great deal for the two main characters, even if some parts are kinda overdone. I'd recommend it, especially if you enjoy feeling really stressed out and depressed!

• 3 weeks later...

American Beauty: Recommended to me by Katch, finally watched it last night. Quite enjoyed the film, it's very beautiful. However with the ending I'm left with way too many questions unanswered. Why was he shot? Why did he want to reconnect with his youth? I get annoyed in films where I have so many questions unanswered. Lester however is a total sass mouth. Goal in life = embody Lester Burnham in me :rofl: 9/10

Pride and Prejudice (2005): Watched it so I could understand the book better for English class. I felt kind of confused at some points as who the characters were, what was going on and such, but overall enjoyable. Mr Darcy is hella fine too. If there's ever another P & P coming out, Henry Cavill should play Mr Darcy :brows: 7/10

^I'm inserting myself in this conversation to say that I think you did a great job of articulating the themes of that movie

The Skeleton Twins - I was surprised by how much I liked this movie. Bill Hader will amaze and delight you. The only thing I didn't like was how bad I felt for Luke Wilson's character. He was my favourite, but it felt like even the screenwriter had some disdain for his character. Wearing those weird fivefinger toe-shoes and eating pizza pockets are not crimes, y'all!

Wow American Beauty is an amazing film, such strong roles, such a great story, I feel like that is a movie that is made once in a lifetime, it's so deep, and the fact that it left you with unanswered questions speaks of the brilliance and depth of the movie imo. Most films that are made today don't make you think/question, but this one surely stays with you long after you've finished watching it.

Snow White and the Huntsman

I don't like Kristen Stewart, so I was hugely disappointed to see her play such a role, especially when Snow White is such an iconic character, I definitely imagined someone way more beautiful than Kristen playing that role :X

Charlize was amazing, loved her evil side :)

Not a bad movie overall. Maybe I expected more.

The Fault In Our Stars - If you read the book, you know the terrible pain that was gonna come your way. I cryed at the book, and I cryed at the movie. Hard. And so did everybody else in the audiance. Sooooo cute, sooo depressing, sooo terrible. Ugh. 9/10.