Bellazon

Barbara Palvin
Thumbnail

sarnic

So, #1 that Vogue Australia shoot is gorgeous.

Also, though, I was thinking - is she really doing that badly career-wise?  Sure, she hasn't been doing VS, which is the main way models get famous these days, but I definitely see her in commercials and ads in the US. Her commercials for L'Oreal are on TV quite a bit, and I can't go to the drugstore without seeing her face due to L'Oreal ads (I think L'Oreal is the only brand I see her for, but I may be wrong).

She's getting high profile photo shoots like the one for Vogue Australia, and she's an ambassador for a major cosmetics brand in the US - I think she's doing pretty well commercially.  I mean, when was she ever getting more high profile jobs than she is now?

I think we're all just upset because we thought she'd be the next big thing - the next Candice or Adriana, if you will - but instead VS cut her and she's just kind of stayed where she was.

Furthermore, many models hate doing fashion week, and once they're successful, they voluntarily stop doing as many shows. Barbara may have done that herself.

This. Barbara is doing fine. People just like to lose their minds and/or criticize models until they're blue in the face. But Barbara has a hefty L'Oreal contract and has had pretty steady editorial work lately so hopefully that'll suffice for the naysayers.

Thanks, guys. To be honest, these days, I have more respect for models who aren't doing VS.  VS picks a lot of not-so-pretty models these days, and it seems as though part of the reason is those girls aren't getting work from other places, so they're the ones who are willing to sign the demanding VS contract.