Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

thank you all for the photos and videos.

I saw the show yesterday and, although Leo didn't seem to be in particularly joyful mood, he didn't look disappointed to me when Clooney won. I think he knows this game better than all of us, and he was expecting the result. He was probably just waiting patiently for the whole thing to be over.

I guess it's not the most pleasant thing in the world to appear in award shows when you (or your film) is not the frontrunner and you go in expecting to lose. But he has to do it, it's part of his job to promote and support his film, especially when the film needs it.

As for Clooney not mentioning Leo... I was more surprised that he didn't give a shout-out to Gosling, since he was nominated for a film he directed! That was bad form, I thought, (even with Gosling not being there). The Fassbender mention was made because Clooney had to include a joke, and if he could get away with a racy one, the Globes was the place to do it.

Fair or not, this is not Leo's year and he knows it. But instead of quitting the "season", he does what he should, always remaining a professional and a dignified presence at awards shows.

As far as I am concerned, YOU hit in on the head, on all points.

Here is an adorable interview from last night! His smile is so sweet :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...;v=u7bFTyMKo6k#!

Thanks for them, Ox! :D

aw nice vid,but can any of you pls tell me what the interviewer asked him,after Leo finished talking about Gilbert Grape ??? :blush:

thanks guys for articles! :wave:

Leo posed with every single child that was pushed in his direction by a parent too embarrassed to speak to him themselves—and even a few industry adults.
and DiCaprio, who came through the back entrance, helping his mom down the stairs on the way.

those two lines from the articles were too sweet :wub:

Wijn

You must have missed my earlier post, I stated there is a Lakers game tonight , and it's a big game against last year's champs , so , if I were a Lakers ' fan, I think I would try to be there .

And, I'm sure if Erin is in town, if he goes , he might take her : )

Rillio

Your sentiments echo ones I expressed earlier in previous award discussions. It's a game, and with being in the business over 20 years, Leo knows far better than any of us what the game is , how it is played,etc.

And, I , also, agree that Leo didn't look 'sad' to me, he looked like most in the crowd , being pleasant, but not one of his fave things to do.

And as I mentioned during the show, I loved them to keep showing Leo throughout, but at times on his face I felt that ,he himself, was taken back by seeing his face again being shown on the screen.

ByPrincess

Wow, I do love the pix you posted, they are my favorite type ; the candid ones.

As I mentioned last night that is what I missed versus when Leo was sitting with Kate back in 2009. As I'm sure throughout the show Leo was interacting with others, but , whenever the audience saw him we missed that interaction..

Now to the magazine below and their Leo mention

First, incase you missed her post Wijn posted this new magazine cover earlier today

I'm not sure if it depends on what area of the country you live in , but I bought the magazine while out ,and on my cover it is Brad Pitt.

So I do want to let others know that , incase, you would have an interest in buying it :)

The article itself covers what they consider the best 20 performances of the year

charlizetheronwmagazine.jpg

Now to the Leo mention in magazine

First, it is a large black and white closeup. Part of Leo's face is hidden by swirling smoke ( once you read what is said in caption below you might see where photographer got inspiration for that idea )

And , for sure, his facial stubble is a great deal more than what we saw last night.

However, bieng Leo, just half a profile is enough to magnetize you to the picture :)

Now having said that, underneath each star's big picture there is a a short interview , some longer than others, where they have said performer respond to a question or more.

Now, I'm not sure why, whether it was some deal that Leo had agreed to be photographed but not interviewed, but he is the only performer that doesn't respond to any questions.

And the fact that he didn't allow them to interview him , may have factored in to how the writer presented him.

DiCaprio came to the shoot sucking an electronic cigarette. "I have an oral fixation," he said, as smoke engulfed his head. He had recently arrived from Australia where he was filming Baz Luhrman's Gatsby, and became upset when someone asked him for an autograph. He seemed more interested in leaving than being in the studio. As he rushed out the door he noticed a toy Smurf that belonged to a child on the set. "I played with those when I was your age ," DiCaprio said as he stopped suddenly to talk to the little girl. For a moment there he was genuine-kind, even, but he was late for a party, or a dinner, or a plane. It was time to be somewhere else. And then he was gone

ByPrincess

Wow, I do love the pix you posted, they are my favorite type ; the candid ones.

As I mentioned last night that is what I missed versus when Leo was sitting with Kate back in 2009. As I'm sure throughout the show Leo was interacting with others, but , whenever the audience saw him we missed that interaction..

I agree, the poor Leo wasn't sitting with any of his friends that's why I'm glad to see these photos... sadly very small :(

fl00194657001.jpgfl00194657005.jpgfl00194657011.jpg

Excerpt from Oscar blogger, he mentions the exclusive CAA party that earlier we read Leo left go to, as well as , encounter between Leo and Jane Fonda at Weinstein party

Eventually all the stars decamp to a more private affair – like the tightlisted-one thrown by CAA, which raged into the wee hours, and attracted A-listers and newbies, like the stars of “The Artist” and the guys behind “50/50.” But before that there are plenty of notable run-ins.

“Say hi to Mom,” Leonardo DiCaprio, who brought his mother as his date, told Jane Fonda as they passed each other in the hallway leading to the Weinstein Company party. “Mom!” exclaimed Ms. Fonda, who was stopping to admire the black-and-white photos of vintage Hollywood stars (Fred Astaire and the like) that line the hotel’s hallway.

ByPrincess

Thanks for more GG goodies !:)

I can't remember when this happened during the telecast, but it was the one time that Leo did appear like something was wrong . And I've noticed the Leo Trolls have run with it making a tmbr that he was so sad because he never wins anything.

221f3fafb79e.gif

ByPrincess

Yes, you could pick up from various entertainment writers that the CAA party was the exclusive party to be part of and in one of the tweets they mentiond that Leo left Harvey's to go to it, and another tweet I posted mentioned that Cameron was asking Leo where it was being held. Then in yet another tweet an entertainment blogger mentioned that the head of Warners had left to go to the CAA party.

So it was where the real in crowd went to party :)

Kat and Fash

Sent you pm :)

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH GIRLS FOR ALL THE PICSS!!! Leo looked so incredibly hot. Tux fit him well, he looked ruged and maley :woot:

Also Ox thanks for the Lakers game and the magazine info. Could you please scan or take a pic of leo that was inside??

thank you all for the photos and videos.

I saw the show yesterday and, although Leo didn't seem to be in particularly joyful mood, he didn't look disappointed to me when Clooney won. I think he knows this game better than all of us, and he was expecting the result. He was probably just waiting patiently for the whole thing to be over.

I guess it's not the most pleasant thing in the world to appear in award shows when you (or your film) is not the frontrunner and you go in expecting to lose. But he has to do it, it's part of his job to promote and support his film, especially when the film needs it.

As for Clooney not mentioning Leo... I was more surprised that he didn't give a shout-out to Gosling, since he was nominated for a film he directed! That was bad form, I thought, (even with Gosling not being there). The Fassbender mention was made because Clooney had to include a joke, and if he could get away with a racy one, the Globes was the place to do it.

Fair or not, this is not Leo's year and he knows it. But instead of quitting the "season", he does what he should, always remaining a professional and a dignified presence at awards shows.

I think you got it Rillio ;) What I didn't like though was that i didn't see him socializing with any of his friends during the breaks while I was watching last night, and then I come onto this board to find plenty of pics with Kate, Bradly and Charlize :) So I guess he was indeed very sociable last night ;)