Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

19 minutes ago, LuckyGirl said:

I’m surprised how barbie and oppenheimer cast still doing press? New interviews are being uploaded every day, or are they prerecorded?!

They're prerecorded 

7 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

According to a deux source every upcoming movie and show will be delayed. If this include ready content -like KOTFM - isn't really clear to me.

Screenshot_20230721-091203_Instagram.thumb.jpg.e7f47357fb3e852802039dde37bfc552.jpg

I am not a SAG-AFTRA member, but I am currently working with Sesame Workshop (aka, Sesame Street) as an expert consultant on two of their upcoming projects and I am just following their lead when it comes to the strike. From what I have been told, because myself and the producers are not SAG-AFTRA or WGA we technically can continue with development of the projects. However, in support of those that are striking, we will not cross the picket line regardless. Since KOTFM is “in the can” Apple/Paramount can do whatever they want with it. They own it. They could start streaming it today if they so desire. However, they will not get any promotion from the actors. It would just be a cold release. If they do want promotion from the actors, then the release will not happen until the strike ends. The strike also messes with award season as a whole if it goes on too long.

On 7/21/2023 at 10:55 PM, kellybsblover said:

Tell us what you think of Barbie. 🙂

As spoiler free as possible:

Spoiler

I already pre ordered the blu ray

81-h7utZ2SL._SL1500_.jpg

bought this poster

1862504877_Screenshot2023-07-23at10-53-31PosterforSalemit2023BarbievonRougeMachtig.thumb.png.bd47b7b919612b8cd6e084f0af2cbac5.png

and shirt

844970027_Screenshot2023-07-23at12-10-54TailliertesT-ShirtforSalemitIchbinKenoughvonabdallahmekawy.thumb.png.0d4fd47e68f90f690e7ad6359e3b66aa.png

if that is any indication how much I loved this movie :thumbsup:

I was lurking for new Leo videos on youtube and noticed Apple has posted KOTFM trailer for a bunch of countries today, the Brazilian one was dubbed in Portuguese so I guess all the other trailers were dubbed for their respective counries. This made me think they plan to keep the movie released this october. 

All the Nolan fanboys gettin wet right now claiming OPPENHEIMER as his career best but doesn't make it in the critics top 5 is kinda hilarious to me LOL

‘The Dark Knight’ Voted Christopher Nolan’s Best Film in Poll of Over 100 Critics

9FB99BE7-20C9-4757-A62F-B4345BC77486.jpe

POLL RESULTS:

1. The Dark Knight (2008) — 30 votes
2. Memento (2000)— 22 votes
3. The Prestige (2006) —16 votes
4. Dunkirk (2017) — 16 votes
5. Inception (2010) — 13 votes
6. Oppenheimer (2023) — 12 votes
7. Interstellar (2014) — 4 votes
8. Following (1998) — 3 votes
9. Batman Begins (2005) 2 votes
10. Insomnia (2002) — 2 votes

Cinematographer Rodrigo Prieto about KOTFM

Barbie of the Flower Moon: Barbie Reveals What Greta Gerwig and Martin Scorsese Have in Common
The two filmmakers shared a brilliant cinematographer: Rodrigo Prieto, who spoke with us about making Barbie and Killers of the Flower Moon.

695986779_Screenshot2023-07-25at11-20-47BarbieRevealsWhatGretaGerwigandMartinScorseseHaveinCommon.thumb.png.582c747681f701d95ebd0c67e94dc2bc.png

There’s a short video going around on Twitter, capturing the Barbie cast and crew breaking into dance on the film’s dizzyingly pink fantasia of a set. The jubilant mood comes as no surprise, given the movie’s silly, candy-colored appeal. What could be called unexpected, though, is the sheer presence in the clip of Rodrigo Prieto, the cinematographer best known for his Oscar-nominated work on the tragedies of Martin Scorsese, including The Irishman and the upcoming Killers of the Flower Moon. Here, he’s having a ball—letting loose beside his director, Greta Gerwig.

(...)

Prieto first started talking Barbie with Gerwig while he was still in Oklahoma, shooting Scorsese’s Killers of the Flower Moon—a three-hour epic that depicts the series of horrific murders against the Osage Nation in the early 20th century. He could be deep into researching Osage traditions and communities on the same day he’d go back and forth with Gerwig about that all-encompassing question: “How pink do we do it?” (They didn’t opt for subtlety.) There’s a core quality that unites Gerwig and Scorsese, what Prieto calls their biggest similarity: “The love of cinema. They both love movies. They love watching movies and love talking about movies. That passion is contagious.”

These two critically acclaimed films being released the same year marks a high point in Prieto’s career. The Mexico City-born cinematographer was previously best known for work on projects by the likes of Ang Lee (Brokeback Mountain) and Alejandro G. Iñárritu (Babel), before Scorsese met with him about a decade ago for The Wolf of Wall Street. “It was an out-of-body experience,” Prieto says of his first encounter with the legendary director. He got the job and has lensed every one of Scorsese’s films since—which, while they’ve edged toward tragedy of late, have veered between the blackly comic (Wolf) and the contemplatively painterly (Silence).

(...)

The film’s surrealist, playful aesthetic perhaps masks the precise craft and consideration that went into every design element. Indeed, it’s Barbie, not Killers, that Prieto says he wouldn’t have felt ready to do earlier in his career.

One thing he had to get used to—in a good way—was how loud the Barbie set could be. “The biggest difference is that Scorsese likes to concentrate in silence. When he’s shooting, he needs absolute quiet—especially when we’re beginning and starting the day, he needs to think about it,” Prieto says. “He starts loosening up once we start filming, but still there’s a discipline and a quietness.” How does this compare with Gerwig? “Greta thrives in the opposite. On the set, she likes to joke around. She even likes to be distracted sometimes.” He concludes with a laugh, “So yeah, the noise is the main difference.”

Prieto is known for juxtaposing different worlds and templates within individual films. His early work with Iñárritu, across Amores Perros and Babel, illustrates that most literally; you can also see it across the timelines of The Irishman. That work proved central to both Killers of the Flower Moon and Barbie. After Scorsese reworked his script to expand the Indigenous perspective, Prieto emphasized that focus by making the newer scenes look distinctive, pushing for naturalistic colors and light in line with Osage traditions and nature. (...)

Source