Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

9 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Meaning a promo tour full of life, Leo? :p

Finally!!!

Looks like it’s going to be a tough film for some of us to watch, but the trailer looks great!

Leo’s accent is a little off, but still pretty damn good!

43 minutes ago, Sugarwater said:

Leo’s accent is a little off, but still pretty damn good!

Why is it off? Can you maybe explain it? :p Since I'm not american I have no clue about your accents.

Personally I very much agree with this comment (without reading the book).

1662318251_Screenshot2023-05-18at18-24-26KillersoftheFlowerMoonTrailerWorldofReel.thumb.png.5224bb130bb9b7a9347ff8b9cd3503d1.png

Did we? :p

Leonardo DiCaprio fans predict second Oscar win as ‘brilliant’ first Killers of the Flower Moon trailer drops

DiCaprio leads Martin Scorsese’s newest crime drama based on the Osage Indian Murders of the early 1900s

Apple TV+ has released the first trailer for Martin Scorsese’s new film Killers of the Flower Moon, starring Leonardo DiCaprio.

DiCaprio leads the director’s forthcoming crime drama, based on David Grann’s 2017 bestselling book of the same name. The film retells the true story of the FBI investigation into a series of murders of members of the Osage Native American tribe in Oklahoma over oil rights in the early 1900s.

The two-minute-long teaser has already prompted fans to predict that the actor will win his second Oscar for the project.

In the footage, viewers are introduced to DiCaprio’s character Ernest Burkhart, the nephew of a wealthy local rancher (Robert De Niro) who gets entangled in the Osage Nation murders.

“There are many, so many, hungry wolves. Can you find the wolves in this picture?” Burkhart says in an eerie voiceover, ostensibly reading the text of a children’s book.

The trailer cuts between several chaotic and ominous scenes, showing Burkhart and his Indigenous wife (played by Lily Gladstone) approaching a crowd of onlookers around a murder site, a police shootout, and De Niro in a courtroom.

“Can you find the wolves in this picture?” Burkhart’s voiceover asks at the end of the teaser.

Fans have reacted to Scorsese’s “brilliant” trailer and are convinced it’s a sure-fire Oscar win for both him and DiCaprio.

“Smells like [an] Oscar,” wrote one on Twitter, with a second agreeing: “Oscar winner for sure!!! Looks so good! Can’t wait!”

“Got some chills in the last scene,” a third said. While several others declared that “this is cinema”.

This movie marks the first time De Niro, DiCaprio and Scorsese have all collaborated together on a feature film. The three have worked together previously on the director’s short film The Audition, while both DiCaprio and De Niro have earned numerous Oscar nods for separately leading several Scorsese films.

Killers of the Flower Moon makes its world premiere on Saturday (20 May) at the Cannes Film Festival before eventually releasing worldwide in cinemas on 18 October.

Source

LOL

giphy.gif

Leo’s Accent in ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ Is Already Controversial

The first teaser for Martin Scorsese and DiCaprio’s new movie is here. It’s gorgeous, intoxicating, and already stirring debate over whether the actor is pulling off his accent.

Happy Thursday, my fellow cinephiles: The long-awaited trailer for Martin Scorsese’s next movie, Killers of the Flower Moon, has arrived. Apple has barely whetted our appetites for previews of the film over the last 24 months, treating us only to a slow-trickling set of still photos. Some of us have that one image of stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Lily Gladstone seated uncomfortably at a table, the only still Apple treated us to for an eternity, seared into our brains.

But now we get to see actual footage from the film. Better yet, we get to hear it—which means it’s time for us to dissect the new accent DiCaprio is donning this time. If you’re a true connoisseur of good content, you know that DiCaprio has a proclivity to do all kinds of voices on-screen. It’s gotten to the point where I hardly remember what his natural accent is.

But while DiCaprio’s always having fun trying on different dialects, and I’ve always had fun listening to him do it, not everyone is on my page.

Take the early reaction to Killers of the Flower Moon, where DiCaprio plays a Southerner in the 1920s. The Oklahoma-set biopic stars the Academy Award winner as Ernest Burkhart, who gets caught up in a spate of serial killings that all target local members of the Osage tribe. Tightening his connection to the mysterious crimes is the fact that his wife, Mollie (Gladstone), is herself an Osage. The film follows the pair’s involvement in the murder ring, which consists of an imposing crew of rich, local white men. The cast is a veritable murderers’ row—ha ha!—with Robert DeNiro, Jesse Plemons, and Brendan Fraser rounding out the cast of potential good or bad guys.

The trailer is beautiful, full of muted browns amid lush greens, men punching each other in the face, and houses burning down: All the stuff that hypes us up for a new Scorsee. (His last one, 2019’s The Irishman, received 10 Oscar nods.) But my favorite part of the trailer is hearing DiCaprio’s drawl, as he reads from a story about the Osage off-screen. “The Oh-sage took their name from Missourah and Oh-sage Rivers,” he reads, placing the inflection on all the wrong syllables to my coastal elite ears. “‘Move,’ said the great. [Pause.] White. [Pause.] Father.” Then comes the lines that the trailer uses as a closing refrain: Can you find? The Wolves? In this pic-shure?”

Masterful actor as he is, DiCaprio manages to slowly draw out what is probably a fairly short paragraph for nearly two minutes. This gives me just enough time to become utterly obsessed with his take on Burkhart: Slow and steady does, indeed, win the race, when it comes to both reading and impersonating a Southerner. I could listen to DiCaprio say “Can you find The Wolves? In this pic-shure?” on a loop, transfixed by his sleepy lilting tone.

I am not alone in this love. Many of the reactions to the trailer online delight in Leo’s “weird little Southern accent,” and noting that it ain’t a Leo-Marty joint without the actor doing a hyper-stylized voice.

But lo, there are some haters in our midsts, questioning the authenticity (or enjoyment factor) of DiCaprio’s Okie accent.

This is far from the first time that his vocal work has been called “grating” or outright “bad”: DiCaprio received mixed reviews for his performance in 2007’s Blood Diamond, when he improperly tried out a South African/West Indian accent for his Zimbabwean character. His Bostonian vocal tones in Shutter Island and The Departed also generated some scorn, but do you know anyone from Boston who doesn’t sound like a cartoon character?

Maybe this is Scorsese’s fault for making his actors do tough accents in the first place. Let’s just appreciate that he’s come a long way from his strange Irish-American accent in Gangs of New York and whatever he was doing in The Aviator.

Killers of the Flower Moon premieres May 20 at this year’s Cannes Film Festival, before heading to theaters October 6. It will later stream on Apple TV+.

Source

2 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

LOL

Leo’s Accent in ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ Is Already Controversial

The first teaser for Martin Scorsese and DiCaprio’s new movie is here. It’s gorgeous, intoxicating, and already stirring debate over whether the actor is pulling off his accent.

Happy Thursday, my fellow cinephiles: The long-awaited trailer for Martin Scorsese’s next movie, Killers of the Flower Moon, has arrived. Apple has barely whetted our appetites for previews of the film over the last 24 months, treating us only to a slow-trickling set of still photos. Some of us have that one image of stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Lily Gladstone seated uncomfortably at a table, the only still Apple treated us to for an eternity, seared into our brains.

But now we get to see actual footage from the film. Better yet, we get to hear it—which means it’s time for us to dissect the new accent DiCaprio is donning this time. If you’re a true connoisseur of good content, you know that DiCaprio has a proclivity to do all kinds of voices on-screen. It’s gotten to the point where I hardly remember what his natural accent is.

But while DiCaprio’s always having fun trying on different dialects, and I’ve always had fun listening to him do it, not everyone is on my page.

Take the early reaction to Killers of the Flower Moon, where DiCaprio plays a Southerner in the 1920s. The Oklahoma-set biopic stars the Academy Award winner as Ernest Burkhart, who gets caught up in a spate of serial killings that all target local members of the Osage tribe. Tightening his connection to the mysterious crimes is the fact that his wife, Mollie (Gladstone), is herself an Osage. The film follows the pair’s involvement in the murder ring, which consists of an imposing crew of rich, local white men. The cast is a veritable murderers’ row—ha ha!—with Robert DeNiro, Jesse Plemons, and Brendan Fraser rounding out the cast of potential good or bad guys.

The trailer is beautiful, full of muted browns amid lush greens, men punching each other in the face, and houses burning down: All the stuff that hypes us up for a new Scorsee. (His last one, 2019’s The Irishman, received 10 Oscar nods.) But my favorite part of the trailer is hearing DiCaprio’s drawl, as he reads from a story about the Osage off-screen. “The Oh-sage took their name from Missourah and Oh-sage Rivers,” he reads, placing the inflection on all the wrong syllables to my coastal elite ears. “‘Move,’ said the great. [Pause.] White. [Pause.] Father.” Then comes the lines that the trailer uses as a closing refrain: Can you find? The Wolves? In this pic-shure?”

Masterful actor as he is, DiCaprio manages to slowly draw out what is probably a fairly short paragraph for nearly two minutes. This gives me just enough time to become utterly obsessed with his take on Burkhart: Slow and steady does, indeed, win the race, when it comes to both reading and impersonating a Southerner. I could listen to DiCaprio say “Can you find The Wolves? In this pic-shure?” on a loop, transfixed by his sleepy lilting tone.

I am not alone in this love. Many of the reactions to the trailer online delight in Leo’s “weird little Southern accent,” and noting that it ain’t a Leo-Marty joint without the actor doing a hyper-stylized voice.

LOL! Yeah. @Jade Bahr, I’m not sure that I could effectively explain what I hear. Oklahoma has a diverse range of accents depending on which part of the state you are in. It’s just that I was born and raised here and I have the same accent Leo is trying to portray and to my ears, it’s not quite right. It’s not bad, just not perfect and yeah, a little weird. Maybe listen to videos of Reba McIntyre, Garth Brooks, or Blake Shelton to hear Oklahoma accents.

9 minutes ago, Sugarwater said:

LOL! Yeah. @Jade Bahr, I’m not sure that I could effectively explain what I hear. Oklahoma has a diverse range of accents depending on which part of the state you are in. It’s just that I was born and raised here and I have the same accent Leo is trying to portray and to my ears, it’s not quite right. It’s not bad, just not perfect and yeah, a little weird. Maybe listen to videos of Reba McIntyre, Garth Brooks, or Blake Shelton to hear Oklahoma accents.

Thx for trying anyway. Very much appreciate :flower:

For example for my non irish ears his accent in GONY sounded perfectly fine. When I watched the movie I was immediatly like "oh he's trying to sound irish" 😄🍀

Didn't even know he tried some accent in AVIATOR.

An expert said his accent in BD wasn't perfect but pretty fine for someone who just learned it. Sometimes it seems people hear accents very differently.

Guys this trailer is EPIC! I got chills while watching, that sountrack growing stronger and stronger, the tension... OMG, this movie will be a masterpiece!  :woohoo:  And Leo once again looks to have done an amazing job, not only his phisycal look is quite different but his voice looks very different as well. Loved his scenes with Lily, though I know it's quite sad too...  

3 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

I think he's far away from looking handsome AT ALL with all those prosthetics and bleached eyebrows but I guess that's the whole point LOL

I have not noticed the bleached eyebrows, that also makes a huge difference besides the jaw and nose changes. 

3 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Meaning a promo tour full of life, Leo? :p

AHAHAHA, you hear that Leo? I hope for a very serious promo tour because of the subject matter, BUT I Hope he will look at least happy to promote the movie, more like DLU and much less OUATIH mood.   :p

1 hour ago, BarbieErin said:

I ask the same as @Jade Bahr, I have NO Idea about American accents so IF some good soul can explain it to me I will be grateful, lol.    :56608ac1cc5a3_smilynewone:

:D it's complicated, lol with all of the regions and parts of the states. The trailer is looking good! Yes Leo's eyes scared me too and will be a very haunting performance. Good! That's Leo at his best. Gonna watch this again, and thanks :wub: