Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Leonardo DiCaprio Loved Ari Aster’s ‘Midsommar’

I’m just guessing that Leonardo DiCaprio has Ari Aster in his sights. The ‘Killers of the Flower moon’ actor loves to make movies with highly-regarded filmmakers and Aster is most definitely turning into one.

While interviewed by Josh Horowitz, “Midsommar” star Florence Pugh mentioned how she bumped into DiCaprio at a premiere, but all he wanted to talk about was her Aster cult classic:

“I met [Leo] at the “Don’t Look Up” premiere last year, but all he wanted to talk about was “Midsommar” and Ari Aster. He was very complimentary and it was very weird to be at his premiere and all he wanted to talk about was “Midsommar.” It was amazing.”

I did a re-evaluation of Aster’s “Midsommar” back in 2020 after having watched the 3-hour director’s cut — a fuller, more depth-filled and coherent version than the theatrically released one.

Aster added around 30 minutes to the original cut, and it felt much more concise than the version I had seen in the summer of 2019 at the New York premiere. The theatrical version was all over the place and has some very strange pacing issues.

What I had originally dismissed as an ‘unsubtle” and “messy” movie turned out to be a sheer delight with Aster’s 3-hour director’s cut. The relationship between Dani and Christian was more fully fleshed-out, with further scenes added between the two to make the viewer more aware of their tumultuously shared history together.

In the three-hour cut, the transformation that happens to Dani is more precisely drawn “Midsommar,” much like Aster’s debut, “Hereditary,” is a story about grief, Dani’s grief, but done within the horror genre. It mixes horror, drama, and farce to the point where this odd amalgam of genres starts to feel like a surreal nightmare.

“Midsommar” is about the pursuit of happiness, freeing yourself from hopelessness, even if it means joining dark forces. In a way, this is a film that tackles the ideas of religion, believing in something greater than just yourself, and how a community can be a saving grace even if what’s being preached is incredibly immoral.

Source

Only watched the theatrical version I found hella weird/confusing. Maybe I should give the DC a try. Didn't even know another cut exists. Now I wonder which one Leo was talking about. My parents described "this really long movie we were watching by accident aka prime told us so" as "where some swedish wackos jumped for no reason from a cliff into death and then things went really crazy" LMAO

5f8a362c4ec4dc570046064e5a89e7d115f57262

3e6d64e881024440c1e59cbd505ec9f672e02a46

24ccee49cf98a7b5fee4c7f76d15f83a0d7f86bc

23376299196d634eb674bd6b203fc6a0d2b49ae6

f0b2d86a78610f7533be6b99f2be07338bd7d746

3e1b0c14cd9a1ffedf87c0eb9d260127c6cb12e6

44a8551ff870716921ac5f2a72174050d410b786

Probably Leos fave scene

e0f34138fe0b9da997783fe672a2bcbb05263611

Source

44 minutes ago, Magical said:

Do you know if it was  public or not?! If yes, why we didn't get any videos?!

No, the trial has yet to be released to the public. 🤐. I still kinda feel like Lee played it safe and Pras has pleaded the 5th thus far in response to Leonardo testifying against him. This can be seen as better than venting feelings of betrayal. I don't wanna make light of the situation, but pics and vids would be greatly appreciated of Mr. DiCaprio during this legal ordeal. In addition to the drawings, that is. 

Thanks for the updates. 

-No cameras 📸 via federal cases, just as well, DiCaprio wouldn't agree to be filmed anyway. How is that his arrival is seemly scrubbed from public access too? No testimonies, witnesses to document the actor leaving his vehicle, slurping on a custom made Starbucks coffee , no-thing. (Scuffing). Perhaps he was choppered in and cannoned through a courtroom chimney, if they should ever have one. 

-Gee, I wonder if we'd have to wait till May to get a trailer. A KOTFM trailer. All the other newly released films are sensualizing film goers' lust with frequent stills and teasers. Holding out has far been preached as the best method of appreciaton. By the time that appointment is rightly appointed, should it be 20 billion host be wide open to receive that gratification...of the film's trail and release that is. And my zeal is insurmountable by the labour of waiting. Where the heck is that trailer? It seems only equitable to grant a two-hour trailer for a four-hour film. Oh what a tease, no chance for peeking even if it is asked, "please?".

On 4/4/2023 at 12:10 PM, Jade Bahr said:

Leonardo DiCaprio Loved Ari Aster’s ‘Midsommar’

I’m just guessing that Leonardo DiCaprio has Ari Aster in his sights. The ‘Killers of the Flower moon’ actor loves to make movies with highly-regarded filmmakers and Aster is most definitely turning into one.

While interviewed by Josh Horowitz, “Midsommar” star Florence Pugh mentioned how she bumped into DiCaprio at a premiere, but all he wanted to talk about was her Aster cult classic:

“I met [Leo] at the “Don’t Look Up” premiere last year, but all he wanted to talk about was “Midsommar” and Ari Aster. He was very complimentary and it was very weird to be at his premiere and all he wanted to talk about was “Midsommar.” It was amazing.”

I did a re-evaluation of Aster’s “Midsommar” back in 2020 after having watched the 3-hour director’s cut — a fuller, more depth-filled and coherent version than the theatrically released one.

Aster added around 30 minutes to the original cut, and it felt much more concise than the version I had seen in the summer of 2019 at the New York premiere. The theatrical version was all over the place and has some very strange pacing issues.

What I had originally dismissed as an ‘unsubtle” and “messy” movie turned out to be a sheer delight with Aster’s 3-hour director’s cut. The relationship between Dani and Christian was more fully fleshed-out, with further scenes added between the two to make the viewer more aware of their tumultuously shared history together.

In the three-hour cut, the transformation that happens to Dani is more precisely drawn “Midsommar,” much like Aster’s debut, “Hereditary,” is a story about grief, Dani’s grief, but done within the horror genre. It mixes horror, drama, and farce to the point where this odd amalgam of genres starts to feel like a surreal nightmare.

“Midsommar” is about the pursuit of happiness, freeing yourself from hopelessness, even if it means joining dark forces. In a way, this is a film that tackles the ideas of religion, believing in something greater than just yourself, and how a community can be a saving grace even if what’s being preached is incredibly immoral.

Source

Only watched the theatrical version I found hella weird/confusing. Maybe I should give the DC a try. Didn't even know another cut exists. Now I wonder which one Leo was talking about. My parents described "this really long movie we were watching by accident aka prime told us so" as "where some swedish wackos jumped for no reason from a cliff into death and then things went really crazy" LMAO

5f8a362c4ec4dc570046064e5a89e7d115f57262

3e6d64e881024440c1e59cbd505ec9f672e02a46

24ccee49cf98a7b5fee4c7f76d15f83a0d7f86bc

23376299196d634eb674bd6b203fc6a0d2b49ae6

f0b2d86a78610f7533be6b99f2be07338bd7d746

3e1b0c14cd9a1ffedf87c0eb9d260127c6cb12e6

44a8551ff870716921ac5f2a72174050d410b786

Probably Leos fave scene

e0f34138fe0b9da997783fe672a2bcbb05263611

Source

This film is truly a masterpiece💯 Florence's acting and the atmosphere created by Ari made it terrifying and exciting. I'd very love to see Leo work with Ari🤞🏻 He films brilliant horror that goes beyond its limits and I think that would be very good for Leo. Something new and interesting. 

8 hours ago, oxford25 said:

New pix of Leo out shopping today at Prada in NY   

AF6079E8-8C73-4FE4-B52F-2E548A75F790.jpeg FA69BB7D-5458-454F-BA09-1584C59F16E0.jpeg

0D476B33-22CE-41D0-A83D-0E63CFA94582.jpeg

Thanks to ALL who posted latest Leo related news , pix , and vids :flower: :flower: :flower:

He is so cuteee :wub: Thanks for sharing ❤️