Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Liljak

Tks for news of a possible new project for Leo :) 

Sugarwater

Tks for Reeza / Bentonville sighting :) 

If Leo was with him , they probably visited Alice Walton’s Crystal Bridges museum 

Years ago when I went to football game at University of Arkansas in nearby Fayetteville , we drove around Bentonville while there , but we didn’t get to museum 

16 hours ago, Lilja K said:

I love Leo and want more new movies with him, but I think it makes no sense. There's so many amazing ideas and they choose to remake last year's movie, what a waste of talents

The Departed (2006) was a remake of 2002s Infernal Affairs just for example. Given how long it takes to realize a movie in Hollywood the timeline would be probably closer to that. And "The Departed" was one hell of a movie I would say. It's one of my favorite Leo movies. Billy Costigan is one of my favorite movie characters ever. Just saying.

BUT to compete against the mostly outstanding Mads Mikkelsen I agree that's a whole other thing :D

434a03ebac3d5c32f289eeeacb46d72e5815e318

e27bbc41f3d62f89ffd8b6f35306ef1197790167

353a98dfce86799e1bae1137678cbe6ac38e3f02

2251352557382b55a605ba13344faf5cadda0863

b51fcdfb9aa6e0caef1eed179d0fcdbd83abcf09

54a619a5ff54c3cced2c8cfb675706150b107ec4

6ba7f08c3d2ffda72bbf1513e349f10fa339b5ac

17bcaea629ede4757d50591022d9c3f5c8f02547

Source

2 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

The Departed (2006) was a remake of 2002s Infernal Affairs. Despite the fact how long it took to realize a movie in Hollywood the timeline would be similiar. And "The Departed" was one hell of a movie I would say. It's one of my favorite Leo movies. Billy Costigan is one of my favorite movie characters ever. Just saying.

I didn't know 'Departed' is a remake tbh. It's one of the best movies I have ever seen and Billy Costigan is one of the my favorite movie characters too. I never heard about 'Infernal affairs', but 'Another round' aka 'Druk' is super famous movie and got the Oscar. If someone remember 'The intouchables' remake was not a good idea. 

And Mads was awesome, I can't see someone else in that, even Leo. 

^Infernal Affairs was pretty big too. It's even a trilogy because of the first movies success.

Haven't seen Another Round so far but it seems like a mix of TWOWT (crazy being on drugs in a fun way) and OUATIH (middle aged man in mid life crisis) LOL Wondering if Leo has something to process lately :D

^However the news wasn't well recived at all, so you're not alone being sceptical about that latest move of Leo :D But even the very own director of Another Round Thomas Vinterberg has trust in Leo, so... no worries on my side too :p

Thomas Vinterberg Defends DiCaprio Remake of ‘Another Round’: ‘I Don’t Know If Mads Would Do Such a Thing’

With news of the DiCaprio remake facing backlash, Vinterberg explained the rationale — but the Oscar winner has other things to worry about.

In the aftermath of an Academy Awards show where many people expected a bittersweet, posthumous Oscar to go to Chadwick Boseman, the emotional highlight actually landed with Thomas Vinterberg. When the Danish auteur heretofore best known for his Dogme 95 effort “The Celebration” took the stage for his expected Best International Feature win for “Another Round,” he delivered a tearful salute to his late daughter Ida, who died days into the shoot of the movie.

“The target was one minute. I think I landed somewhere around four,” Vinterberg said the next morning, clutching his Oscar from a hotel room and speaking over Zoom. “It was first and foremost an incredibly proud moment, satisfying, and a huge relief.”

The event was more sparsely attended than most Oscar ceremonies, but Vinterberg said he still experienced the weird collision of worlds unique to that event: He was backstage getting his Oscar engraved while listening to Harrison Ford’s rambling introduction to Best Editing, met Laura Dern for the first time, and then embraced fellow Dane Mikkel E.G. Nielsen, who landed the editing prize for “Sound of Metal” moments later. “It was a bit like our country had won a local soccer game or something,” Vinterberg said.

The win also set up a new stage of life for “Another Round,” or at least something like it: The day after the show, news broke that Leonardo DiCaprio’s Appian Way won remake rights to the movie with the actor attached to star as the alcoholic midlife crisis character so memorably portrayed by Mads Mikkelsen in the original. The news wasn’t exactly embraced online, where it registered as a repudiation of Vinterberg’s movie, Mikkelsen’s performance, and the very idea of subtitled films gaining traction with English-language audiences.

Vinterberg, however, seemed untroubled by that response. He planned to meet with Appian Way on Tuesday but would not remain involved as a writer or director — nor would he speculate about who should fill those roles. “This is all new to me,” he said. “So I’ll discuss this with them, and we’ll see.”

For Vinterberg, the remake concept has come up before: “The Celebration” has been adapted into multiple languages as a stage play over the past two decades, and an English version of his 2012 Mikkelsen-starring drama “The Hunt” opened at London’s Almeida Theatre in 2019. “I’ve seen various interpretations of my work before,” he said. “It’s an interesting artistic thing to see something grow into different versions. Now it’s in the hands of the finest actor you can get and besides being a brilliant actor, he’s made very intelligent choices throughout his career. I feel there’s a lot of integrity in the choices he’s made. I’m full of hope and curiosity about what they’re up to.”

Nevertheless, some have been quick to point out that Mikkelsen himself — who is known in the North America for everything from a Bond villain to Hannibal Lecter — speaks fluent English, so why not just give the role to him? “I’ll leave those kind of decisions to Appian Way and the dialogue I’ll have with them,” Vinterberg said. “I don’t know if Mads would do such a thing. My first thought would be to make a different interpretation. Asking the same actor to do a different interpretation could be a little bit confusing. But I won’t be the main creative force in this. That would have to be up to the people who end up doing it.”

Vinterberg also had insight into the broader conversation around subtitled movies that the Oscars have stirred up in recent years, first by Alfonso Cuarón during his “Roma” campaign and cemented with the “Parasite” domination of Bong Joon Ho. “Of course I enjoy the fact that there are more and more readers of subtitles in the United States,” Vinterberg said. “It informs the possibility of culture to move across borders in different ways. Having said that, it’s still very limited. I don’t think this is only about trying to make this understandable to people who can’t read subtitles. I see this as an artistic project where someone is using the text as a starting point and developing it into something else. It’s a different culture; it’s not only a different language.”

(...)

But first, there’s that meeting with Appian Way, and whatever comes of its “Another Round” remake. As it happened, Vinterberg said he’d watched “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” over the past week while quarantining in advance of the ceremony, though not for research about DiCaprio’s acting talent. “I think I know his acting pretty well,” he said. “Of course I knew that this thing with Leonardo DiCaprio’s company was coming up as I watched this movie but I would’ve watched it anyway. I think it’s a masterpiece.”

There’s one key moment from “Another Round” that Mikkelsen owns above all — a climactic boozy dance number set to Scarlet Pleasure’s “What a Life.” It remains to be seen whether DiCaprio will steal those moves. “Oh yeah,” Vinterberg said, thinking it through. “Can he dance? Do we know about that?” Reminded of “The Great Gatsby” and “Wolf of Wall Street” — not to mention a fleeting moment in “Hollywood” itself — Vinterberg smiled. “Of course!” he said. “Mads is fluent in English and he’s a brilliant actor who pulled this off really well, but this will have to be interpreted into something else.”

Source

Leo tends to do a lot of remakes, Romeo and Juliet, Titanic, The Man in the Iron Mask, The Departed, The Great Gatsby. You could also count Marvin’s Room which was a stage play before it was a movie. There were also lots of movies about Howard Hughes and J Edgar before Leo tackled the character as well.

15 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

Bodyguard Sighting

This is in Bentonville, Arkansas.

776D3FCA-9906-43CF-AC05-63A22CC4B70D.jpeg

This only 5mins from where I live in NW Arkansas down on the Bentonville town square. That is Walmart’s very first ever store opened and is now a museum. I have not heard of ANY actual Leo sighting here, yet but he may have come and gone under clock of anonymity via hoodie 😎😂

Re: Another Round project

The main crux of  this press release is  Leo has bought the rights/ option for X amount of years to either produce or star in the film, and after that period of time, if Leo doesn't produce /star in stated time frame , the rights go back to the source 

But by securing the 'rights' now to the source , he has those 'options' to explore , which , otherwise , he would not 

At same time Mad is a trained dancer , so I'm sure that played into how the director designed the final scene of joy/euphoria, but since there are many ways to express joy one would not be limited to performing an elaborate  dance sequence

And and at same time , as Sugarwater stated, Leo has done many successful remakes 

And , Jade , yes , be it Once or this project , as Leo himself nears 50 , I’m sure the aging process and how it affects men , etc is a topic that interests him as he well knows one can be rich , famous , and very successful in one’s career , yet , still have doubts & insecurities as one experiences aging process 

As to TD, like others here , love the film and Billy Costigan.  While at same time I ,also very much enjoyed the Infernal Affairs trilogy with the talented Tony Leung it was based on 

Sap675

Yes, with everyone wearing a mask combined with his trademark hoodie, Leo could have well been walking around Bentonville and the Crystal Bridges museum ,and people were none the wiser 

Though I'm sure with the excellent "Leoradar" our forum members have , we would have spotted him :p 

Thanks Barbie, Lilja, Jade, Sugarwater, sap and ox for the news and info!

That is a beautiful combo of Leo and Harry Styles and see Leo's features are dominating :blush:

I'm watching Another Round this weekend :smile:! I like to watch the nominated films and saw a historic win with Best Director Chloe Zhao!

Thanks, Oxford! 

Just to orient you, The downtown area of Pawhuska is within walking distance of the Airbnb that Leo is staying in and this white house is extremely close to the Airbnb, only a couple of blocks away.

Fairfax is about a 30 minute drive from Pawhuska.

7A2553D3-33B9-4497-8A82-5B68385A346A.jpeg

Today’s casting call.

April 28, 2021

Former Marching Band Members & Menacing Men 
for Major Feature Film

Two groups of Caucasian men are needed to appear as extras in a major motion picture, soon to film in Oklahoma. The film takes place in 1920's Oklahoma.

Both groups need to be available to rehearse the scene May 23 and then film the scene June 2.Rehearsal and filming will be in the Pawhuska area of Oklahoma. Persons selected for the scenes will be invited to attend a costume fitting within the next week or so.

GROUP 1 - MARCHING BAND
The first group of men need have prior experience in a marching band, either in high school or college. They need to be between the ages of 25-55 and should be able to march to a cadence in a parade. There is no need to bring or play instruments. Period instruments will be provided. Please list any marching band experience in your submission.

GROUP 2 - MENACING MEN
These men, aged 20-70, will walk in the parade as a group. Marching experience is not necessary. These roles are hoping to have their costume fitting this Friday, April 30 in Bartlesville, OK.

The production is following strict health and safety protocols as mandated by the guilds and unions governing film production. All persons are required to be tested for COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status, and must wear protective face coverings at all times other than when filming. There are no exceptions.

Compensation is a guarantee of $100/day for up to 10 hours per day. Anything over 10 hours incurs additional pay. Covid testing and wardrobe fitting is also paid at a guarantee of $40/day up to 4 hours.