Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Leo's tweet celebrating the increase of tiger population in India

Leonardo DiCaprioVerified account ?@LeoDiCaprio 2m2 minutes ago

Proud of @World_Wildlife & #LDF's efforts that have helped increase tiger populations for the first time in 100 yrs: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/db83cd015a7c4ec8a288785760203dd6/worlds-wild-tiger-count-rising-first-time-century 

Leonardo DiCaprio Reacts to Rising Wild Tiger Populations (Statement)

Leonardo DiCaprio Reacts to Rising Wild Tiger Populations (Statement).jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio has released a statement after it was announced that the number of wild tigers has increased for the first time after 100 years in decline.

The 41-year-old actor’s foundation, along with the World Wildlife Fund, committed to doubling the number of wild tigers by 2022. Leonardo‘s foundation has donated over $6.2 million since 2010.

“Tigers are some of the most vital and beloved animals on Earth. With our partners at WWF, my Foundation has supported major efforts to double the number of tigers in the wild. In Nepal, our efforts have produced one of the greatest areas of progress in tiger conservation, which is helping drive this global increase in population. I am so proud that our collective efforts have begun to make progress toward our goal, but there is still so much to be done. I am optimistic about what can be achieved when governments, communities, conservationists and private foundations like ours come together to tackle global challenges,” Leonardo said in a statement.

“We’ve watched tigers decline for decades and have dreamed of bending that curve in the other direction,” Carter Roberts, president and CEO of World Wildlife Fund (WWF), said. “In a sea of bad news on the environment, we’re now seeing increases in global wild tiger population for the first time in 100 years. This is a big deal. Together with the generous support of our partners like LDF and so many others, we are making significant progress on one of the greatest comeback stories in conservation. We see that leaders matter. Communities matter. And coalitions matter. Now is the moment to amplify these efforts and achieve our shared dream to double the wild tiger population by 2022.”

Nice article and pix that People has in regard to Leo's efforts on behalfs of tigers in India and the great news their population has increased for first time in a century !

Leonardo DiCaprio Keeps Up the Fight to Save the World's Wild Tigers – and Gets the First Good News About the Species in a Century

Now that's wild.

Leonardo DiCaprio has been standing firm in his commitment to help preserve the world's wildlife and endangered species. And now, the Oscar-winning actor, environmentalist and advocate – who has continually sounded the alarm on critical issues like global warming and wildlife extinction – is basking in some truly encouraging news.

World Wildlife Fund – which has been working in tandem with the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation – and the Global Tiger Forum have announced that the world's wild tiger population has increased for the first time in more than a century.

The actor's foundation has been an intrinsic player in the fight to save the world's wild tiger population, funneling $6.2 million toward conservation efforts since 2010. 

The population now stands at 3,890 across 13 countries including Nepal, India and Russia – up from an estimated 3,200 in 2010. Conservationists are hoping to see that number double by 2022.

Tigers are some of the most vital and beloved animals on Earth," DiCaprio, 41, said in a statement. "With our partners at WWF, my Foundation has supported major efforts to double the number of tigers in the wild. In Nepal, our efforts have produced one of the greatest areas of progress in tiger conservation, which is helping drive this global increase in population."

He added: "I am so proud that our collective efforts have begun to make progress toward our goal, but there is still so much to be done. I am optimistic about what can be achieved when governments, communities, conservationists and private foundations like ours come together to tackle global challenges."

DiCaprio – who last July raised a staggering $40 million to help bolster his foundation's wildlife and environmental protection efforts – recently completed a trip to Indonesia, where he met with conservationists, got up close with elephants and orangutans, and toured the Southeast Asian nation to help raise awareness in the fight against deforestation.

His trip proved to be a lightning rod for controversy, as local officials sparred over the actor's criticism of the nation's palm-oil industry – and its impact on animal habitats – amid claims that DiCaprio could eventually be blacklisted from the country for his comments.

"My view is that DiCaprio's concerns are both sincere and substantial, and he has certainly acted in good faith," Indonesia's minister of the environment and forestry later said. "In fact, we largely share his concerns on this matter."  

leo-dicaprio-800.jpg

49 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Not brand new  , but  Leo looks great :woot: 

MAMMA MIAAAAAA!!!!!

MR.TOTAL HOTNESS LOOKS AMAZING IN THAT PIC :woot::drool::baronfaint: 

THANKS A MILLION Oxford for the wonderful updates:flower:

also, BIG THANKS to  dear Leo fans who shared updates:grouphug:

From Page Six :  Orange is the New Black star Ruby's Rose's comment about being told she looks like Leo

The “Orange Is the New Black” star also gets told that she resembles a young Leonardo DiCaprio.

“I find Leo to be one of the most beautiful men ever,” she said, “So when people compare me to him, I’m like, ‘Thank you. Thank you very much.'”

http://pagesix.com/2016/04/11/ruby-rose-doesnt-mind-being-compared-to-justin-bieber/ 

Leolover

Mama Mia , is right :p 

The Revenant continues to make money. Latest BO update from Deadline:

Tracking down $1.3M this weekend, Fox’s The Revenant takes its international cume to $335.5M. In the frame, it added $520K from a phenomenal run in China where the total is now $57.8M. France, after seven sessions, has a total $27.6M. The final market to bow will be Japan on April 22

3 hours ago, eastofeden said:

VIDEO:  Leonardo DiCaprio invests in drinks line to help Ecuadorians

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/leonardo-dicaprio-helps-ecuadorian-community-investing-drink-company-38330219

Love hearing this! Will defiantly be supporting Leo on this :thumbsup: Funny enough on Sunday Morning I was watching Hugh Jackman talk about his similar investment with coffee, all the proceeds going towards the coffee bean farmers :)

Barbie

Tks for Revenant poster ; it is new to me as well 

Also , tks, for cute behind scenes pix from at SAG awards :smile:

Lakemeader

Tks for latest news of Revenant's continued box office success :clap:

Hope it does well in Japan 

Eastofeden

Tks for video news of Leo's latest donation for worthy cause , as well as, pix :smile:

Kat

Tks for new & old pix of Leo :smile:

i noticed just now on Instagram that Dave was heading to NY , so , I guess , Leo will be staying in NY :idk:

Leolover

Glad you like my siggi , talented Fash made it for me :smile: