Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Wells on DiCaprio  :PinkCouture2: 

xleobest3.jpg.pagespeed.ic.dEPAESFO5n.jp

http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/2014/02/42745/#after-sinkin

O`Neil on DiCaprio  :PinkCouture2: 

Prediction: Leo DiCaprio will pounce as the wolf of Oscar night

http://www.goldderby.com/news/5652/wolf-of-wall-street-leonardo-dicaprio-oscars-entertainment-news-475938126.html

BIG THANX 2 da wonderful Leo fans who shared updates :grouphug: 

Found this poll on who should win best actor. Leo is winning by a landslide!!!! rhythm%20is%20a%20dancer.gifmake%20it%20clap.gif

http://awardswatch.com/forums/showthread.php?34715-Best-Actor-2013-Which-Nominated-Performance-Was-The-Best

look at the Imdb poll

http://www.imdb.com/poll/EZ99zBhyLCE/results?answer=3

WOW, this is great, thanks for the find girls. So nice to see soo much people rooting for Leo. :clap:

Barbie, MzLinz, LeoLover

Tks for all the Leo /Oscar polls & articles ; he certainly has my vote for BA (Y) (Y) (Y)

Fash

I certainly hope with all the snow in NY that people are able to attend the Wolf /Q&A tonight with Leo, Thelma, and Terry ; it would be so interesting to hear all 3 discuss the film (Y)

Great news , Leo will be on the CBS Sunday morning show this weekend Feb 16th rhythm%20is%20a%20dancer.gifrhythm%20is%20a%20dancer.gifrhythm%20is%20a%20dancer.gif

2BAC6EB18-F266-D7E5-C8A89B7476262BF6_jpg.jpg

For Academy Award nominee and "The Wolf of Wall Street" star Leonardo DiCaprio, being the focus of extensive and sometimes silly media attention is part of the job, he tells Lee Cowan in an interview with CBS SUNDAY MORNING WITH CHARLES OSGOOD to be broadcast Feb. 16, 2014 (9:00 AM, ET) on the CBS Television Network.

DiCaprio's good looks made him a heartthrob from the time he started acting. At the same time, his love life and night life have made him tabloid fodder, while his films like "Titanic" and "The Departed" generated millions at the box office.

"I think that comes with the territory, too, though," he tells Lee Cowan of the media attention. "And the sort of microscope that was put on me, certainly after 'Titanic' came out. Every activity that I did was sort of in the newspaper, which was, you know, silly and I tried to avoid it, but it was, it was what it was."

DiCaprio earned a Golden Globe for his work in "The Wolf of Wall Street," a film he said he only made after getting the right financing and finding the right partners. The actor says he was intrigued by former stock broker Jordan Belfort's account of how he cheated investors out of millions before being convicted of securities fraud.

"You know, he's a likeable guy," DiCaprio says of Belfort. "I don't agree with anything he did, don't get me wrong. But when somebody's such an open book, and is so candid about what they did and unflinching - you have to appreciate that as an actor, because there's not many people that really do that."

In a wide-ranging interview, DiCaprio talks about growing up in an artistic household located in a not-so-nice part of Hollywood. Seeing those rough streets was a driving force behind his will to succeed. "It was a pretty hardcore neighborhood," DiCaprio tells Cowan. "I think that gave me a lot of motivation to sort of, I think be successful really, and try to do something else."

He also talks with Cowan openly about working with Robert Di Niro and Martin Scorsese.

When the conversation turns personal, to marriage, however, DiCaprio plays for time and reaches for water. Does he want to settle down? "I think everybody, well, not everybody, but I think that, you know, eventually when the time is right, absolutely, yeah," DiCaprio says. Asked by Cowan if he finds marriage might be a little sedate, he says no. "I've seen some interesting marriages and I've seen some not-interesting marriages," DiCaprio says.

CBS SUNDAY MORNING is broadcast Sundays (9:00-10:30 AM, ET) on the CBS Television Network. Rand Morrison is the executive producer.

Read more at http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Oscar-Nominee-Leonardo-DiCaprio-to-Visit-CBS-SUNDAY-MORNING-216-20140213#ksH1IKj6PTZ7sI4t.99

Cute article for UK Bazaar regarding the '5' reasons why Leo should win Oscars

Love the closing comment

He’d make a great speech. We’re envisioning references to his beloved mother, his new BFF Jonah Hill and a hilarious on-set anecdote or two. He is charm personified, after all.

http://www.harpersbazaar.co.uk/going-out/who-what-where/five-reasons-why-leonardo-dicaprio-must-win-the-best-actor-oscar

Kat

Yes, looking forward to seeing Leo's interview ; nice way to start off BAFTA day (Y)

Was so happy to find this video, as I wondered if when they announced at AACTA Awards if anyone accepted for DiCaprio's Best Actor , but never could find a video of it or who accepted for him

Great little story that Baz tells the young actor about another young actor (Leo) , and great words from Baz about Leo

Barbie

I'm sure minutes after it is aired this Sunday morning a clip will be up at You Tube , one of the great things about that site , it allows us to see interviews from all over the world (Y)

Tweet from CBS Morning Show interviewer Lee Cowan

Lee Cowan ‏@LeeCowanCBS · 26m

Spent the afternoon with @LeoDiCaprio There's a sentence I never thought I'd write! Great conversation for this @CBSSunday

Fash

A couple of days after the farewell show, a fellow fan alerted me to the show online at NBC and there was no Leo, so the person who wrote that article didn't check their facts :p

However, since we know Leo has been on the show in recent years , and Jay and he seem to get along, I thought it might be accurate information ,but it was not :/

New interview that Leo gave to NY Times ; and he does mention that Irmelin has a boyfriend :p

post-52324-0-1446087058-44266_thumb.jpg

For DiCaprio, ‘Wolf’ Is ‘Reflection of the Truth’

By MELENA RYZIKFEB

Let’s hug it out,” Leonardo DiCaprio said, reaching in for an embrace.

Months on the Oscar circuit can breed a certain familiarity, putting us in front of each other time and time again: at parties hosted by Paramount, the studio that released his latest film, “The Wolf of Wall Street”; at various ceremonies leading up to next month’s Oscars, where the film has five nominations, including one for Mr. DiCaprio for best actor; and at luncheons meant for glad-handing Academy members. I saw a fan approach him at one. “I really loved you in ‘Growing Pains,’ ” she said, asking for a photo. He obliged.

At the same lunch, an older Oscar voter pinched Mr. DiCaprio’s cheek, as if he were her affable grandson or still a teenage heartthrob rather than a respected nearly 40-year-old actor and producer with two decades of blockbuster dramatic experience. This week, he was to appear on a panel at the Ziegfeld Theater in Midtown to discuss his collaboration with Martin Scorsese — “Wolf” is their fifth film together — alongside Mr. Scorsese’s longtime editor, Thelma Schoonmaker, and the screenwriter of “The Wolf of Wall Street,” Terence Winter.

At his many circuit stops, he’s spoken about his work as a producer of this tale of an unscrupulous stock trader, with Mr. Scorsese at the helm and with the help of the deep-pocketed financiers Red Granite; about the improvisation he and his co-stars did; and especially about the repercussions of depicting so much financial and physical depravity on screen. Of critics, he said, “If they don’t get the irony of it, sorry.”

When we met for an interview in Midtown last week, he was still wearing makeup from an earlier television taping and, as he has been all season long, smoking an electronic cigarette.

“So,” he said, grinning, “what the hell can you ask me that you’d possibly be interested in, at this point?” And we were off. Here are excerpts from that conversation.

Q. This movie has inspired such an intense reaction. Do you follow it?

A. Sure. I’ve read reactions to it, and it’s been interesting, because I haven’t been in that many films that have caused controversy of any kind, really. It’s been a real learning process for me, because I’ve seen people slowly start to understand a little bit more about what we were trying to do. At first it was like, “This is a blatant endorsement of this lifestyle and how could you?” But what I think they didn’t get, that the reason we did this movie was as a reaction to these people and this world. That’s why I wanted to do the movie in the first place.

Q. Let’s talk about the changes in the filmmaking industry. You’ve had a close view on it in your career. Does what you observed when you were coming up affect the choices you’re making now?

A. It’s interesting, because there were different types of movies that were being done when I first started out, a lot more mid- to low-range dramas [in terms of budget]. And then there was a brief period where I got to do things like “Blood Diamond” or “The Aviator,” films of that nature that studios said, “This is a drama with darkness to it, but it’s a large-budget epic with scale, and we’re going to take a chance on it.” That was a little renaissance.

But me and all my friends that started out at auditions together, all we did was watch the films from the ’70s, the director-driven era of cinema, and, of course, that all sort of crumbled, and then it was the age of the blockbuster. I don’t think a film like “Aviator” would get made by a studio now.

Q. Did getting your first Oscar nomination at an early age, for “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape,” change your perception of yourself as a performer or how you fit into this community?

A. I remember it being a big surprise. I didn’t really read any reviews or anything like that. I just met a couple of people who said, “Hey, you did really good in that movie.” It’s a much different world now, I think. Watching things like Rotten Tomatoes, now it’s just like this consensus of this is your percentage, and this is the box office. It’s much more scientific now.

I don’t really know how to answer the whole “what a nomination means.” The more I do this, I never really know what people are going to react to or respond to in a positive or negative way. You could put everything you have into a movie, and then they just might not like the set design, and then the whole movie becomes null and void. Even my mom or her boyfriend talks about a movie — I’m like: “Wasn’t that a great movie? Wasn’t it moving and powerful?” And they’re like: “It didn’t do it for me. I hated it.” Why? “The clothes, they were just too clean.” What? “Yeah, I didn’t buy it, everyone was just too clean looking, there should have been more dirt on the clothes.”

Q. But you guys went to great pains to be accurate in this movie. Was there a line, anything you wouldn’t do on screen?

A. Not really. Any time we tried to do something that we felt was traditional — because, look, there’s been movies about this subject matter, there’s “Wall Street,” you’ve seen “Boiler Room,” and there’s the victims and the protagonist-aggressors manipulating them. What we really wanted to do, and what I think what movies do so well, is submerge you in somebody else’s mind-set. I think there’s been some reaction to the fact that we didn’t cut away to victims, that the protagonist didn’t get proper punishment. But that’s a Martin Scorsese movie. It’s a reflection of the truth.

I don’t think that [Wall Street fraud operators] were really thinking about their victims. I don’t think that ultimately people in the world of Wall Street that have been so incredibly corrupt have gotten their due and proper [punishment]. So any time we tried to take a traditional approach, we’d just say, “No, no, no, let’s push it even further, because it’s an accurate reflection of what their world is like.” It’s been called a comedy, but we didn’t set out to be like that. What is hilarious at times is the absurdity of the world that they created for themselves, where they just didn’t have any respect for anyone except themselves.

Q. You got hold of Jordan Belfort’s memoir, detailing his financial fraud, when it was still in galley form, right?

A. Yeah, this was seven years ago. We ended up getting the rights to it. Jordan knew about my relationship, obviously, with Marty, and I think that that was a big incentive. Terry Winter wrote the screenplay right away. It was on the fast track [at the studio] to getting done and then — how do I put this? — [there was] some sort of resistance on the material and the disturbing nature of who these people were.

[The project fell through at that time, so Mr. Scorsese turned to “Hugo.”] There were two other directors all set, and I just couldn’t. It was the only time really that I was like: “No one can do this except him. Nobody can capture the essence of these people and take the time with the actors, get the sense of humor, bring that sort of authenticity to this cutthroat environment.” So I waited for him for seven years, and I finally said, “Now I have people and outside financing, and they’re going to let us do whatever the hell we want.”

And once he heard that — I said: “Look, we know what the condition of the studio system is like now, and they don’t make movies like this. This is never going to happen in the near future, unless there’s another dramatic shift in the way the studios finance movies. We have to do this now, and I’m guaranteeing you’re going to have artistic freedom.” He’s like, “O.K., kid, let me think about it,” and thankfully he said yes.

Q He calls you kid?

A Yeah.

Q. What was his reaction when “Wolf” encountered resistance originally?

A. He said something recently which I thought was pretty pertinent in an interview, because people were talking about how disgusting these characters are and he’s like: “Look, they weren’t polite. Why should I make a film that’s polite about them?”

Q. Do you do a Marty impression?

A. Of course. All the time.

Q. To him?

A. Yeah.

Q. Does he do you?

A. Uh-uh. I think I’m a lot more bland. I always ask my friends to imitate me, and they never do it. It makes me feel very, you know, uninteresting. My friends think I’m just milquetoast or something.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/14/movies/awardsseason/for-dicaprio-wolf-is-reflection-of-the-truth.html?hpw&rref=movies&_r=0

That's awesome!! Thanks for sharing joyezz I have a great feeling about this nomination. His performance is just too stellar to not be rewarded this time. make%20it%20clap.gif

Wells on DiCaprio  :PinkCouture2: 

xleobest3.jpg.pagespeed.ic.dEPAESFO5n.webp

http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/2014/02/42745/#after-sinkin

O`Neil on DiCaprio  :PinkCouture2: 

Prediction: Leo DiCaprio will pounce as the wolf of Oscar night

http://www.goldderby.com/news/5652/wolf-of-wall-street-leonardo-dicaprio-oscars-entertainment-news-475938126.html

Love this picture, and what a great article! Leo is definitely gaining ground! I can't wait to see what happens at the BAFTA's on Sunday!! From the pic Barbie posted of the seating chart, it looks like Leo's front row! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing Leo lover smily%20new%20one.gif

Ox, thank you for all your great finds! I can't wait to see the CBS Sunday morning show. They always have the best entertainment interviews!

I loved Baz's acceptance speech for Leo. Such wonderful words spoken!

The NY Times article was great. I loved the part where he was like "What the hell else could you ask me?!" LOL!! :nicole: This was my favorite part:

Q. Do you do a Marty impression?

A. Of course. All the time.

Q. To him?

A. Yeah.

Q. Does he do you?

A. Uh-uh. I think I’m a lot more bland. I always ask my friends to imitate me, and they never do it. It makes me feel very, you know, uninteresting. My friends think I’m just milquetoast or something.

Can he get any cuter?! SERIOUSLY!! :wub: