Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Well at least from this information we know Wolf will be filming in NY this weekend :)

According to a new casting call, The Wolf of Wall Street – which is based on Jordan Belfort’s memoir, being directed by Martin Scorsese, and will star Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Jon Bernthal, and Kyle Chandler – is set to shoot scenes in New York City this weekend and they need cars from the 1980s for the scene.

Check out the full post below:

Grant Wilfley Casting is seeking extras who own a 1980 to 1989 model car. Looking for all types of background people but need specifically people that own and can come to set in or around NYC with a car from the 1980′s.
Work date is Saturday August 25th, but could be multiple days on this film.
We also need lots of 1980′s cars on 9.11.12 and beyond. No red or white cars please (burgundy ok) and no cars that have been remodeled or “supped up”. Longer, fuller hair preferred on men who submit but not necessary. Compensation is provided according to the union rate for the cars. Please send email with snapshot of you and the car you can provide and all contact info and make/model/year info for your car. We are mainly looking for people in and around the NYC area so please know that you may be responsible for mileage if driving in from out of town. Please put “CRAIGS CARS” in subject line of all submissions. ALL WHO ARE CHOSEN WILL NEED TO ATTEND A FITTING IN NYC PRIOR TO WORK DATES. THESE FITTING COULD BE THIS WEEK OR NEXT! Thanks!
Location: NYC Compensation: $100 for 11 hrs + overtime + union compensation for car

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2012/08/20/wolf-of-wall-street-starring-leonardo-dicaprio-is-filming-in-nyc-this-weekend-cars-from-the-1980s-needed/' rel="external nofollow">

^Thanks Ox for the info! Wolf starting soooo soon, if not already :D

Thank you Barbie and Francis for the vids :)

Thanks Ox for the jonah tweet about the GPP.

Has this been posted before? Talks about leo becoming the ambassador of Fisker Automotive

Professional Leonardo DiCaprio is a collateral trader in plus a manufacturer ambassador pertaining to Fisker Vehicle, this Anaheim, Calif primarily based medical which provides your Seo plug-in a mix of both.

Creating a Artist movie star support burnish the organization image could hardly arrive in a much better time period. Fisker Vehicle just lately grown some sort of recall of the USD103,Thousand Juice, because of wrongly positioned line clamps that may perhaps produce a flames. This call to mind currently has effects on more than Three hundred of such luxurious cars, that is about A quarter of the total number distributed. The organization is less than governmental flames spanning a bank loan it obtained with the You.Ersus. Department of Energy.

But DiCaprio, any three-time Oscar nominee recognized for films just like Inception, Pick up Everyone Whenever you can, and also Rms titanic, is actually a long time believer within Fisker Car. He needed distribution with the first Karma for you to rotate away from the manufacturing collection throughout July Next year.

Leonardo DiCaprio DiCaprio works carefully together with advertising plus advertising pursuits to create focus on durability as well as the environmental problems around the world, Fisker Automobile explained in a very press release. In return, Fisker will certainly support the perform in the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation.

Fisker Automobile would not generate precisely just what exactly function DiCaprio can play in the organization marketing strategy. But the proven fact that the revolutionary partnership may play way up sustainability a broader style than merely preserving gasoline through operating any Karma signifies that DiCaprio role differs from a standard spokesman that enables you to offer a lot more vehicles.

Not performed Fisker Auto indicate just how much DiCaprio committed to the firm, nor the way it is going to be affiliated with DiCaprio basis, which he built around Before 2000 to attract awareness of environment problems like animals safety as well as costs rising.

Joining up DiCaprio as being a brand name car"http://www.cardvdplayergps.com/"]car/a%20gps%20ambassador%20is%20smart,%20granted%20Fisker%20Automobile%20resolve%20for%20the%20environmental%20obligation%20an%20argument%20that%20is%20certainly%20talked%20about%20in%20the%20press%20release.%20In%20addition%20to%20manufacturing%20motors%20that%20can%20assist%20decrease%20gas%20use%20plus%20emissions,%20this%20company%20in%20addition%20employs%20low-impact%20technological%20know-how%20along%20with%20sustainable%20resources,%20including%20insides%20lean%20manufactured%20from%20gotten%20back%20solid%20wood%20along%20with%20Diamond%20Airborne%20dirt%20and%20dust%20paint%20which%20utilizes%20flakes%20associated%20with%20re-cycled%20goblet./ppFisker%20Car%20has%20gotten%20several%20steps%20to%20boost%20it%20really%20is%20report%20not%20too%20long%20ago%20plus%20kitchen%20counter%20the%20start%20regarding%20detrimental%20advertising.%20The%20corporation%20introduced%20this%20is%20first%20major%20marketing%20with%20June%20which%20has%20a%20multi-page%20pass%20on%20inside%20Wall%20structure%20Streets%20Log%20this%20each%20known%20it%20really%20is%20feats%20in%20addition%20to%20regarded%20areas%20there%20are%20challenged%20as%20a%20possible%20inventor%20in%20the%20car%20business./ppAdditionally,%20co-founder%20Barney%20Koehler%20is%20actually%20changing%20coming%20from%20mind%20with%20procedures%20to%20help%20chief%20business%20growth%20officer.%20He'll%20almost%20certainly%20engage%20in%20ideal%20partners%20to%20express%20Fisker%20Car%20engineering%20and%20build%20developing%20alliances./ppThe%20progres%20in%20the%20role,%20reported%20for%20The%20following%20friday,%20implies%20that%20the%20corporation%20looks%20to%20boost%20its%20company%20by%20simply%20diversifying%20past%20creation%20of%20the%20Karma%20along%20with%20other%20hybrid%20cars%20they%20have%20while%20in%20the%20direction.

/pp%20/pphttp://goarticles.com/article/Leonardo-DiCaprio-Spouses-Having-Fisker-Motor-Vehicle/6861380/[/url"]http://goarticles.com/article/Leonardo-DiCaprio-Spouses-Having-Fisker-Motor-Vehicle/6861380/"]http://goarticles.com/article/Leonardo-DiCaprio-Spouses-Having-Fisker-Motor-Vehicle/6861380/[/url]

not the best news to be receiving, but it's news...

Baz Luhrmann Rumored To Be Raising More Money To Shoot 'Gatsby' After WB Turn Him Down

As already glimpsed in his Kanye-trotting premiere trailer for “The Great Gatsby,” Baz Luhrmann has confirmed his over-exuberant style will remain consistent for his fifth film. Unfortunately, as the Australian filmmaker's filmography has repeatedly shown, a pretty studio penny is also required to depict all that opulence on-screen, and now with Luhrmann facing a six-month delay, he's looking further than Warner Bros. to add some extra Jazz-age panache to the project.

Coming on the heels of the not-entirely-troubling news that Warner Bros. have moved 'Gatsby' from Christmas this year to the summer of next, the Herald Sun reports the studio has now declined Luhrmann extra money, on top of the $127 million already invested, for an extra round of reshoots with main cast involved. So instead, the director himself is apparently trying to raise extra financing privately. In addition to extra production work in Australia, Luhrmann is hoping part of any additional funding he raises will go towards fine-tuning the visual effects, which from basically every shot seen thus far, look considerable. Speaking to Vulture, Luhrmann explained his process as of late. “I'm just very nourished by working on it. I'm just thrilled. Right now I'm working on music, you can imagine how involved I am in the music alone."

'Gatsby' finds itself in a strange series of events that on the outside point toward a “World War Z”-esque catastrophe, but as those filmmakers have repeatedly tried to reiterate, a cash-hesitant studio and release shift shouldn't alter much. Opening the film up to a wider summer audience, as well as taking extra time to tighten up the score and VFX denotes no lack of faith in the Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan and Tobey Maguire adaptation, so we'll see what Luhrmann uses his extra time to dazzle us with when it comes out next summer.

Kat

Tks for Fisker/Leo news :)

As to Wolf, yes, it might start filming before this weekend, but at least we know that is should be filming this weekend for sure :yes:

Neon

Tks for Wolf news :)

I had seen that earlier at Herald Sun which is not always the most reliable source, but whatever the case, I think we will be in for a real treat next summer from Baz & Leo : )

Thanks Neon for the article :) I'm not too worried about Gatsby either, the movie takes alot of special affects, photography editing ect. IF it didn't need all that special attention then I would be a little worried. :p

Interesting :p

Anthony LaPaglia Exited 'Django Unchained,' Says Production Was "Out Of Control"

''As "Django Unchained" made its way in front of cameras, Quentin Tarantino saw both the cast and script for his upcoming slavery/western/vengeance pic change as production moved along. Joseph Gordon-Levitt had to bail on his small role in the film, Kevin Costner couldn't commit to his role either, Sacha Baron Cohen had to bow out, and Kurt Russell also exited the picture (and while Jonah Hill did initially turn down the movie due to scheduling, he was able to join later on, albeit in a different role). And it looks like yet another actor left the project over timing.

As his shooting days kept getting changed, Aussie actor Anthony LaPaglia found the schedule between "Django Unchained" running up against his role in Robert Connolly's Julian Assange film "Underground," which he signed on for this spring. And when push came to shove, he sided with Connolly who he had worked with before on "Balibo" -- and he doesn't mince words about what he saw happening on Tarantino's film. "The production was just out of control, over-budget, it was everywhere. I had to formally withdraw. They recast it and they still haven't shot anything. I could have said nothing and just hung out, I could be there shooting it now," he told Australian site News, about the film which wrapped at the end of July.

And it seems the filmmakers thought LaPaglia would and should have bailed on "Underground" to keep waiting to work with Tarantino. "The people at 'Django,' their attitude more or less was, 'Just dump the other film,' but I couldn't do it out of respect to Rob Connolly, out of respect to the material, out of respect to the commitment I'd made," he said, noting that if he bailed on "Underground" it might have caused the entire film to collapse, as financing was raised and backed on his name.

Originally, LaPaglia was going to feature alongside Joseph Gordon-Levitt, with the pair playing "mean brothers." In the script we read, these are some pretty small parts, amounting to only about 12 pages, but they participate in a comedic and crucial key scene near the end of the movie. But Tarantino has also clearly been changing things since then, so it remains to be seen whether those roles are still in the movie.

Regardless, his comments are an interesting perspective on the making the film. "Django Unchained" opens on Christmas Day.''

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/anthony-lapaglia-exits-django-unchained-says-production-was-out-of-control-20120817?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#

Another Fisker recall!

DiCaprio, Bieber caught up in Fisker Karma hybrid recall

Leonardo DiCaprio and Justin Bieber will have to take their megabucks cars back to the shop after luxury hybrid maker Fisker Automotive announced a recall.

The celebrities are among the high-profile drivers of Fisker’s $100,000 Karma, a speed demon of a car that turns out to be burning more than rubber.

Fisker is recalling all 2,000 of the just introduced plug-in hybrids because a small cooling fan caused a fire in a Karma in a Woodside, Calif., parking lot.

No one was hurt in the incident.

Earlier this year, a second Karma was consumed in a fire in Texas, but Fisker has not determined the cause of that fire.

An investigation of the Woodside fire by Pacific Rim Investigative Services Group, a fire-analysis company, found that the blaze had nothing to do with the car’s lithium-ion battery pack, according to Fisker.

The automotive industry and safety experts have closely watched the battery packs on electric cars and plug-in hybrids as a potential source for fires. But that has not turned out to be a problem in these new-technology vehicles.

Fisker said it will contact Karma owners and arrange to replace the cooling fan. Technicians also will install an additional fuse, which Fisker said will provide added protection.

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-fisker-karma-recall-20120820,0,7352751.story

I wish I could have some news now for you girls,but I dont. :(

But anyway I thank you all for the things you post here everyday! :flower:

I just cant wait to see Leo as Jordan...this thriller is killing me! :nicole: