Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

I came here to post that gatsby pic but it seems like you guys are way too fast for me lol. It looks really weird? they kind of look like oil paintings lol

anyways, here's some more reactions to Django Unchained @ cannes:

http://www.slashfilm.com/early-buzz-cannes-screens-footage-paul-thomas -andersons-the-master-quentin-tarantinos-django-unchained/

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/cannes-report-don-johnson-and-l eonardo-dicaprio-are-standouts-in-first-footage-from-tarantinos-django -unchained

the reaction to the django unchained footage seems to be really positive. Although based on the descriptions.. I'm probably going to cringe so much when I watch this movie lol

No problem everyone! And yeah your right Geegine....they do look like oil paintings :rofl: But thanks for more Django buzz!

edit: a look inside leos maibu pad he used to live in (now hes renting it out)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbiz/article-2147745/Leonardo-DiCaprio-rent-Malibu-beach-pad-150-000-month.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

OH GOD I WANT IT TO BE DECEMBER SO BADLYYYYY. OR AT LEAST FALL. FALL WOULD MEAN COOL TEMPS, HOLIDAYS, TV RETURNING, AND GETTING SO MUCH CLOSER TO BOTH DJANGO AND GATSBY. COME TO ME NOWWWWWW, MOVIES.

Eta: Thanks everyone for the Gatsby and Django stuff. :rofl:

For you My dear strange Fan who don't understand French I did the translation of Cinelive June 2012 :(sorry for the bad english)

post-60814-0-1446083027-67871_thumb.jpg

I don’t want to put the public in the position of the visitor of museum. I want that it feels what it was that to live in New York in the 20s. Baz Luhrman (The big sentence in red)

The first paragraph, speaks about the rehearsal of a scene. That where Nick ( Tobbey) is invited on a party), of Gatbsy looks and Nick doesn’t know him! Nick hopes to meet Gatsby during the party, so he asks then question has a man, who is Gatsby (without knowing it).

There are women in very short dresses, mens with bow ties. A lot of alcohol and very dance musics, like music today in club.

After the taking Baz says some words in Leonardo's ear. They say that Baz and Leo finds himself 15 years later Roméo and Juliette and that their complicity is sure.

The cardof the grand (in red, the second paragraph):

The journalist says that it is necessary to have 1 000 eyes to realize this scene! That Baz in any fact to be faithful to the extravagance of Gatbsy, Such as it’s described by Fitzgerald.

Baz uses 3 studios to reconstitute the house of Gatsby. Studios of Fox, to Sydnay, where the journalists are can welcome just the back of the house of Gatsby. (Flight of steps, swimming pool, a part(of the garden and its access to the beach)

The lounge and the bedroom are somewhere else. And it is a business school, in the speeds(looks) of castle, that serves as lining(stand-in) for the residence of the hero.

Between 2 takes, Tobbey says that it is a very big production. The days of shooting are long. And we have the impression. that our lives are really in the 20s. But it is an experience incredible to work with somebody so joyful and enthusiast that Baz. He has a sense of the detail which does not confine in perfectionism, as any. But who recovers from a creative process incredible.

They say that Baz made very detailed searches. That when they entered in thFox studio, we can be impressed by the number of documents. In the ripe(mature) is hung on a frieze, which represents all the life of the characters, every day. In the lounge, a model of the Gatsby’s house for Baz doesn’t get lost! " I want to be faithful to the work, but also to represent the spirit. That people really understand that were these years " says Baz. Then he says he finds this period like our, today.

The worst difficulties ( the third paragraph) :

They say this story), for Baz, reveals all its sensesince the beginning of the financial crisis in 2008 and it’s for that that Baz bought the rights of the story . 3 years To (take) up the project. They say that after the defeat of Australia (Baz's movie), the director frightened, and the bosses of studios did n’t want to give him 150 million dollars for Baz asked for this movie. He planned to shoot in outdoor to New York. At the beginning of 2011, we announce him , after having settled down there to live in NY. there that it was necessary to shoot in Sydney ( where the production in Sydney had tax reductions). The person in charge of cars, had difficulties finding cars of the 20s, in Australia, or when he found there, the steering wheel was wrong way. From the beginning Baz knew that he was going to shoot in 3D. Baz saw a Hitchcock’s movi in 3D and Baz realized the real power of this technique. He says that during the shooting of Australia, James Cameron had shown him the images of Adversity (Avatar, his movie). It’s for Baz a means to create a visual language, for the very powerful poetry of Fitzgerald.

In the heart of the action ( last paragraph):

Baz places the spectator in the heart of the action. “ I want that people smell how much the Jazz was visceral and exciting. For that I shall use styles of different and modern musics. To create a style which will be contemporary at the same time and in reference to the era Jazz of Gatsby. But my Gatsby will not be a musical.

The day ends, Baz visits his second team and makes repeat the actors. 17 weeks of shooting, as a marathon. They say that Leo in his clothes for the scene, looks at monitor screens to look his performance. Leo is satisfied and made it for a long time that we had not seen him so radiant (it is the journalist who says that)

The journalist says Dicaprio was not any more the sex symbol of the years Titanic. And that Leo is happy to break this image. For Baz it is the role which corresponds best to Leo. The journalist also says that Leo who plays with Tobbey it's as if he had to find his innocence for Baz.

More Django reaction

The footage I was most interested in seeing was that from Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained and they must have shown something like a four minute trailer for this one too with two specific scenes shown in edited form followed by traditional bit of trailer cutting presenting the rest of the film.

I have read the first 20 or so pages of the screenplay and that's how the footage was introduced as a caravan of slaves are being led by a pair of men on horses when it turns from day to night and a carriage appears in the dark. It's Dr. King Shultz (Christoph Waltz), a bounty hunter in disguise, and his carriage was one of the biggest highlights of what was shown as it has a giant tooth attached to the top of the carriage by a massive coil spring. When he says yes, he is a doctor, when asked what kind he turns to look backwards before turning back and saying, "A dentist."

The reason he's there is because he's looking for the film's titular character, Django (Jamie Foxx), and once he finds him he frees him, kills the two men driving the slave train and makes a deal with the now freed man. If Django helps him find the three Brittle brothers he'll help Django rescue his kidnapped wife (Kerry Washington). A pact is made.

A second scene features Don Johnson playing Spencer Gordon Bennet, something of a Southern "Big Daddy" type in a white suit, living comfortable on his giant plantation as King and Django show up at his doorstep on a mission. While King is lead by Gordon inside, Django (in a bright blue suit) is shown around the premises until he ultimately finds the first of the Brittle brothers, and shoots him dead in the chest. "I like the way you die boy," he says… the audience laughs.

Next is the introduction of Leonardo DiCaprio as the film's top dog villain, Calvin Candie. Django and Schultz have arrived and are exploring his compound known as "Candyland". Candie is a plantation owner who pits slaves against one another for sport and one thing is for sure, this film is very liberal in dropping the N-word and DiCaprio's Candie isn't an exception.

Overall, everything shown was essentially just what you'd expect from Tarantino in terms of visuals, dialogue and production design. To me it looked like Tarantino was making a western in the same way he made Kill Bill a samurai film, but the one thing that surprised me the most was that the actors aren't using heavy Southern accents. Waltz sounds a lot like he did in Inglourious Basterds, Foxx may have had a slight accent, but for the most part sounded as he does in other films and even DiCaprio wasn't playing his part too big, though his black and rotting teeth were quite telling.

The music choices, as expected, seem all across the board with one specific song I remember hearing was Johnny Cash's "Ain't No Grave (Gonna Hold This Body Down)" which was perfect for what we were watching.

The trailer made it seem like this is more of a straight-forward, Sergio Leone Western rather than the B-movie spaghetti western I was expecting. I'm not sure if that's because of the way it was cut and if the end product will be much different, but one thing is for certain, we didn't see half of what is to come. Only brief glimpses were seen of Samuel L. Jackson's character playing DiCaprio's house slave Stephen and only a hint of Kerry Washington as Django's wife Broomhilda.

My guess is this is going to end up being the first trailer once its cut down to size and they are simply trying to play it as safe as possible. Understandable, it's hard to get people in to see Westerns, but with Tarantino's approach to the material, which is to more-or-less rip-off and modernize everything he loves about classic films, I think this is going to bring the people into the theater in droves and it won't be without its share of controversy.

Plus, it's got that last line from Foxx when he's asked what his character's name is and he replies, "Django, the D is silent."

Django Unchained opens on December 25.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/reaction-to-first-screening-of-django-unchained-the-master-and-silver-linings-playbook-footage/

DiCaprio with rotting teeth? Thankfully it's only a role! :rofl: hehe

I'm glad to see these Django reactions,I think we have two great movies ahead! Tks for the article Oxford!Tks for the pics and info girls!

Barilace,I feel just like you,I want it to be December as well!! :|