Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

From Empire magazine

But the evening’s main event was Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained, and judging by the seven minutes shown tonight, it's going be a raucously entertaining night at the movies. The footage began with bare feet trudging forward, shackled together with padlocks and chains. The slave procession makes its way through an epic montage of scenery - sun-baked plains, towering rock ridges - before ending up in a forest at night. As a horse approaches, the lead slave-trader calls out, "Who's that stumblin' around in the dark? State your business or prepare to get winged!"

The rider turns out to be Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz). He's got a clever horse called Fritz who nods when introduced to people, and a carriage which boasts a giant white tooth on a spring (in a nice touch, it has a filling in it). Schultz quickly demonstrates that he's one deadly dentist, shooting dead the bad guys and, yes, unchaining Django (Jamie Foxx). It’s a fast, cool intro, with deft moments of humour (such as Waltz’s exasperated glance at the tooth when asked what kind of doctor he is) and a spectacularly gory shot of a head interfacing with a bullet.

Following this, we see Schultz getting Django on a horse — which leads to some horrified reaction shots from white folk — and tooling him up, since both are on a mission of revenge against some vicious types called the Brittle Brothers. Cockily, Django fires rounds into a snowman’s eyes, before whirling the pistol back into its holster. Unimpressed, Schultz says, "I think we can safely say you are more dangerous than a snowman."

We next see the introduction of Don Johnson as a Southern patriarch, at whose plantation Schultz and Django arrive, the latter now wearing an eye-poppingly flamboyant electric-blue suit. While Schultz has a drink with their host, Django heads into the grounds, using an eyeglass to spot one of his foes, who’s preparing to lash a black slave with his bullwhip. Cue an ice-cool takedown and a killer QT one-liner: “I like the way you die... boy.”

The rest of the footage provided quick looks at other key characters. Leonardo DiCaprio’s diabolical Calvin Candie sports a Mephistophelean beard and syrupy accent, telling Django, “You had my curiosity. Now you have my attention.” And Samuel L. Jackson seems to have been aged significantly as crafty house slave Stephen: his head is bald with white hair on the sides.

With music cues from Johnny Cash (Ain’t No Grave) and James Brown (Payback), the sneak peek played out like a blaxploitation Inglourious Basterds: violent, swaggering and massively entertaining. Whether the movie lives up to this promise will be seen come Christmas. In the meantime, just remember, as Django pointed out at the end of the sizzle reel: “The D is silent.”

http://www.empireonline.com/empireblogs/under-the-radar/post/p1236

Harvey Weinstein Promises "Surprise" Co-Stars Could Still Join 'Django Unchained'

I take this to mean that we could have a surprise cameo by Michael Fassenbender :rofl:

We've all got to hand it to Harvey Weinstein. The guy plays an Academy voter room like a fiddle and he knows exactly what to say to entice the press as well. The Weinstein Company just showed off roughly 10 minutes of Quentin Tarantino's Western/slave drama "Django Unchained" to press today in Cannes, which we described as, "pure Tarantino through and through. Longtime fans of the director are going to be thrilled."

Righ there, that's more enough to whet the appetite of all QT fans who cannot wait until December 25 when the film finally lands in theaters, but there's more. Hot on the heels of news that revealed that both Kurt Russell and Sacha Baron Cohen had to drop out of their roles in the films for various reasons, Weinstein teased some additional surprises in the film.

Details are vague, but Weinstein told Deadline that "Django Unchained" has another month of to go and and may be adding a couple of “surprise co-stars." What that means is anyone's guess. Replacements for Russell's or Cohen's characters? Rumors said that Russell's character had been absorbed into Walton Goggins' similar hick badguy role. Are those reports off? Or are Tarantino and Harvey simply going to be casting some more well-known actors in smaller roles throughout the film, which is essentially what most of the "Django Unchained" casting has been like. Joseph Gordon-Levitt, for example, was going to play one of three Australian bandits in the film and that role was pretty small, essentially one scene near the end of the movie (he had to subsequently drop out because of his directorial debut, "Don Juan's Addiction").

We wouldn't put it past Harvey to simply just be stirring the pot and trying to build more buzz (like they need it at this point), but then again almost anyone in Hollywood, bar a few busy A-listers, would likely kill to come on set for just a few days, even if it's a small cameo. Keep an ear to the ground: in the meanwhile, "Django Unchained" hits theaters on Christmas Day.

More Django reaction

CANNES, FRANCE — Django is unleashed — and there’s good news and bad news for TIFF fans in that.

A select group of international press Monday night got a world-premiere 10-minute look at Django Unchained, Quentin Tarantino’s hotly anticipated movie about a freed and vengeful Deep South slave.

Starring Jamie Foxx in the title role, Christoph Waltz as his bounty hunter associate and Leonardo DiCaprio as an evil plantation owner, Django looks to be every bit as bloody, funny and smart as you’d expect — and want — from a Tarantino film.

It’s his take on the spaghetti western genre, and a line from DiCaprio’s character sums up the press reaction to the sneak: “Gentlemen, you had my curiosity. But now you’ve got my attention.”

Due Dec. 25, Django Unchained is one of the most anticipated movies of the year, but it won’t be ready in time for this year’s TIFF, said Harvey Weinstein, head of the Weinstein Group, which is producing the film.

“I don’t think so,” Weinstein told the Star afterwards, when asked if Django would be ready for TIFF in September. “We’re still filming.”

Tarantino is planning to finish shooting sometime by the middle to the end of June, Weinstein said.

Oxford

Surprise maybe to others .. because in this thread we are always well informed :|

I take this to mean that we could have a surprise cameo by Michael Fassenbender

Thanks for all the article :rofl:

Btw 62 days left?? .. Are they kidding???? :| This means that they aren't going to wrap in june neither? :|

lol there's 26 ppl viewing this thread

btw this is what Amitabh Bachchan posted on his twitter (he has a small part in Gatsby):

Amitabh Bachchan@SrBachchan

T 751 - Methinks, Warner Bros., starting publicity for 'The Great Gatsby', pretty soon .. like day after at some and tomorrow at some .. !!

I think he's talking about the trailer? omg