Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

From interview with designer Alice Temperly

The only time I've been star struck was in a lift with Leonardo DiCaprio. I told him he was wonderful. But it doesn't faze me when celebrities wear my clothes. I once had an actress in the shop who clearly wanted special treatment, but that's not what I'm about . I don't act differently for anyone. Apart from Leo!

http://www.redonline.co.uk/red-women/this-...alice-temperley

Dramalama

Welcome :wave:

From interview with designer Alice Temperly
The only time I've been star struck was in a lift with Leonardo DiCaprio. I told him he was wonderful. But it doesn't faze me when celebrities wear my clothes. I once had an actress in the shop who clearly wanted special treatment, but that's not what I'm about . I don't act differently for anyone. Apart from Leo!

http://www.redonline.co.uk/red-women/this-...alice-temperley

Dramalama

Welcome :wave:

Wow,loved this Oxford! :)

And she also adds...

I was so honoured to receive an MBE, but I was so nervous I forgot to curtsey. So actually I’ve been star struck twice… by the Queen and Leo.

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming. I'm from America.

So last year I was in D.C. while they were filming J Edgar and I saw all the trailers and stuff. I saw Leo's chair!!! So I decieded to wait and see if he would come out. And I got a picture of Armie Hammer and stuff. AND then he came out in an suv and rolled down his window and waved at a group of us waving, He is sooooo HOT in person! and nice,

haha sorry thought you guys would like to hear that! I told everyone "Leo waved at me". But I didn't take a pic because I thought he would apperciate the privacy plus it was so quick. I can upload the one of Armie and the set if you want?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/55366?utm_m...rce=twitterfeed

I didn't understand what Baz Luhrmann needed gimmicky, gaudy 3D for in THE GREAT GATSBY when he's so compositionally adept already. Then I saw the footage at CinemaCon and I got it.

THE GREAT GATSBY sizzle reel we were shown could just as well serve as an extended trailer in front of 3D features. It was, to me, the culmination of Luhrmann's sumptuous visual language that he's been culvitating since STRICTLY BALLROOM and through films like ROMEO + JULIET and MOULIN ROUGE.

The outrageous, gaudy 1920's truly roar to life in vivid modern color, with an effect I can only describe as "stereophonic technicolor". The movie looks and sounds big, loud, and DEEP. Even the quiet, small moments have that bewildering feeling of emotionally harrowing memories. What Luhrmann has captured in the bits and pieces we were shown is the transporting world of a dream.

We saw Gatsby and Daisy meet, a brief look at Tom Buchanan (Joel Edgerton), and loads of dancing and partying. Nick Carraway (Tobey Maguire) is, understandably the most ever-present force. We see him in the present (the story is told from his memories), the past during which the film takes place, and we see a couple of sequences that must have been dream or fantasy scenes, the most stirring of which saw Gatsby in a coffin at the bottom of a winding, circular stairway, with Nick collapsed near the top weeping.

I consider myself a fervent advocate for not using 3D merely for the sake of an inflated ticket price. This director made a case for its use in a costume drama, based on what I saw. We won't be absolutely sure for a few months yet, but this looks very promising indeed.

What say you? Did we need another film adaptation of THE GREAT GATSBY? Do you need to see it to believe it as worthwhile in 3D?

Pami

Yes, this should be a great year for all Leo fans; especially for all of his fans in Rio !!!

I do very much hope you get to see him and drool for all of us :p

Dr Brown

Thanks for information about Titanic exhibit in your home town; sounds very interesting. :)

Have they had any other type of special celebrations there connected with it being the 100th anniversary ?

Hi there. Sorry for the delay in replying. This is my first chaance to use the computer in a few days. Yes - it has been all things Titanic here in Belfast. There was a Titanic festival for a fortnight in April which included a memorial service in Belfast's cathedral, the unveiling of the world's first Titanic memorial garden in the grounds of Belfast City Hall, an outdoor MTV concert in the grounds of the new Titanic building, plays, tours, musical events etc. It has been everywhere. Then of course there was the re-release of Titanic in 3D. "Titanic" was incredibly popular in Northern Ireland when it was released in 1997 and it seems that the 3D release was just as well received. Any screening I went to was full and the staff at the multiplex I go to said every showing was the same :-)

Dramalama

Thanks for sharing your Leo /DC encounter with us ; how exciting !! :)

I would love to see your pix of adorable Armie and the J Edgar set.

Calibi

Thanks for Gatsby footage comments :)

Dr Brown

Thanks for reply about Titanic celebrations :)

I would imagine the memorial service at the cathedral followed by unveiling of Titanic memorial gardens was a very moving experience.

Welcome, dramalama :wave:. It's good to have new fans here... no problem with the old ones :p :laugh:.

Thanks girls for all the updates :wave:... but I'm desperately wishing new pics :/... go do your work, lazy pap :voodoo:.

Awww thanks so much! You guys are so nice. So I have the pics. One is of Armie Hammer next to Leo's escalade (hybrid obvi.). He looks super weird but it is him. and the other one is leo's trailer!!!! It was really his I promise. I'm going to look cause I think I have more. :)

post-60518-1335901197_thumb.jpg

post-60518-1335901250_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming. I'm from America.

So last year I was in D.C. while they were filming J Edgar and I saw all the trailers and stuff. I saw Leo's chair!!! So I decieded to wait and see if he would come out. And I got a picture of Armie Hammer and stuff. AND then he came out in an suv and rolled down his window and waved at a group of us waving, He is sooooo HOT in person! and nice,

haha sorry thought you guys would like to hear that! I told everyone "Leo waved at me". But I didn't take a pic because I thought he would apperciate the privacy plus it was so quick. I can upload the one of Armie and the set if you want?

I'm shocked...lucky girl!!! :laugh:

Cant say whether I'll have the same luck here in Rio de Janeiro... :cry:

post-52646-0-1446082939-21634_thumb.gif

Dr Brown...I saw a documentary on Nat Geo called "Titanic The Mission" and it was in Belfast,same place where the original ship was built. :)

Awww thanks so much! You guys are so nice. So I have the pics. One is of Armie Hammer next to Leo's escalade (hybrid obvi.). He looks super weird but it is him. and the other one is leo's trailer!!!! It was really his I promise. I'm going to look cause I think I have more. :)

Wow...tks Dramalama!!! I can see you are a super fan of him! :)