Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

I'm shocked we didn't get a more "fun" "relaxed" leo interview for this J.Edgar press junket. We usually get at least a few interviews of him acting more cool, fun, and relaxed. All the interviews for J.edgar have been the same, which I dont mind! Its just that its the same interview over and over again.

Just saying, I was kinda hopeing we'd get something like that

AMEN!

No offence, but there were two tv-appearances and 20 intervieuws, with all the same questions,.

In one way it's another plus for Leo not to go on an gigantic press-tour to get the Oscar-buzz up,

but on the other hand, I WANTED LEO ON ELLEN SO BAD!!! :o :D

That would be hilarious for sure! ;)

And in some way I would like to see another interieuw with this guy :rofl:because I'm just so freaking curious and I want to know what happened, and I really care about his movies etc. but I want to know about his private live to so BAD, but I know Leo doesn't like it.

This site is playing matchmaker with Scarlett

They would be cute indeed :)

No clue what this means, but it's about Madalina and Leo:

http://www.a1.ro/showbiz/vedete/video-mada...est-179849.html

Is it just me?

It seems like the press (also the English) haven't picked up about Leo and Madalina not being together anymore (if they ever were) at all..

Barbie

So far I haven't read anything that states definitely what film Leo will do after Django.

As I'm sure a big issue is timing . It is not just a matter of when Leo has the free time /is available but is desired director /the desired behind the scenes crew/the desired cast members all available ? Has the script been refined to Leo's liking ??

Plus from what I gather reading at Variety/Hollywood Reporter/Deadline Hollywood a film that one point in time a studio agreed to financially back ,as time goes by the studio accountants decide that type film is no longer a wise investment , and that is why some rumored projects never come to be.

I'm just happy knowing that in 2012 we will have two Leo films to enjoy (Y)

For now I'm focusing on hoping more Gatsby pix appear before filming is over, and then soon after 2012 begins we have Django filming pix to look foward to . I can't wait to see that dastardly Calvin Candie :p

Sic

Replied to your pm :)

ameliebel

Thanks for Gatsby article :)

Wijn

Thanks for Inception interview clip :)

Aww :wub: Really cute trivia Byprincess!

Leonardo: I’m a vocal environmental activist indeed

It's no secret that DiCaprio is a committed and vocal environmental activist. More than a decade ago he inspired a Hollywood trend by becoming the first among his peers to start driving a fuel-efficient hybrid car.

The 37-year-old actor is a supporter of all eco-friendly practices so its no wonder he is now driving his plug-in vehicle priced $100,000 with extended range, which reaches up to 100 miles per gallon. (Here is one puzzle: why doesn’t he purchase one pure EV to be ‘Greener’, you know, or maybe he is just awaiting some upcoming pure guy with distinguished drive-range like e6, 190 miles or so per charge according to BYD’s facebook page, but that seems not that luxury to such a Hollywood star).

"I think that every car should have that technology," DiCaprio says. "It really has dramatically less emissions and, not only that, the gas mileage is unbelievable. If we have the technology to make every car like that - and we should - we would reduce our dependence on oil, foreign and domestic." –No dependence on oil will be better.

Moreover, DiCaprio always makes splendid and surprising actions for the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation as well as his donation to wildlife-preservation. To celebrate his 37th birthday on Friday November 11, 2011, Leonardo he charged guests for drinks and bottle service and ultimately raised $1.3 million for his Fund by partying. Last November witnessed one flight was involved in engine troubles and After circling for two hours to waste fuel, the pilot landed the plane safely—YES, Leonardo was just on that board heading for the Tiger Submit in St. Peterberg, Russia. Accidents never stop this eco-activist from what he sticks to. He pledged $1 million of his own money in the end towards the charity’s conservation efforts to save tigers in the wild.

“I suppose in the off-season when not making movies, I became more and more active as an environmentalist and tried to be more vocal about issues that I felt were important.” Notes Leonardo.

Thanks everyone for the updates! :wave:

Wijn: glad you agree. Plus it seems Madalina and leo were not really dating, I think it was all for publicity on her part.

Ox: Yeah I remember Scarlett being up for Daisy. I think Careys a better fit though :)

Thanks Barbie for Leo-Gisele candids!!

Thanks everyone else! :grouphug:

23 November 2011 at 14:18 Carey Mulligan The Great Gatsby Leonardo DiCaprio

AMAZING New Pictures of Carey Mulligan and Leonardo DiCaprio in The Great Gatsby!

Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan and Tobey Maguire in the Great Gatsby

Oooh! Was the collective sound that came out of the Grazia Daily team when we opened the page of the Huff Po containing the image of Leonardo DiCaprio gadding about some type of botanical garden flanked on either side by Carey Mulligan and Tobey Maguire.

The following words sprang immediately to mind – dapper, nifty, jolly, pucker, spruce, and errr, downright lush. Yet, none of these words really does justice to the monument to gentlemanliness that Leo represents. Although the suit IS excellent – let’s be honest, it’s the hair that gets us. It’s that ripple with a hint, nay, a whisper of quiffiness to it. Oh, my, word. It’s like Jude Law in the talented Mr Ripley all over again. Oh – and also that ever so slightly vexed furrow of the brow, there. He is LUSH!

Great Gatsby

One thing that is preying on our collective mind just the tiniest touch though, is – does Carey Mulligan quite fit the bill as Daisy Buchanan ? ? ? We’re not being unkind, it’s just hard, we suppose, when a work of literature is SO many people’s favourite one. PLUS it’s been adapted for film before, with Mia Farrow as the leading lady. Carey is certainly an excellent actress, and we’re sure she’ll be able to convey the extreme subtleties of the character who is both so self-possessed as to speak very softly at all times, necessitating that whoever is listening to her must lean in towards her AND as away with the fairies that she likes to drive like a loony, convinced that all the other road users will get out of her way.

Is she beautiful and ethereal enough though? In the book, she is so beautiful that people actually feel light-headed in her presence and Carey is lovely, we .. .we . . we’re just not convinced.

Who else could fit the bill though?

Kirsten Dunst is unfortunately now too old. Blake Lively is too all-American, Kate Bosworth – can she really act? Sienna Miller is also too old now. Amber Heard’s name popped up in the office, Saoirse Ronan is young and willowy and we loved her in Hanna, Amanda Seyfried – FAR too sugary, Drew Barrymore is much much too old now. We think an Olsen twin could look the part, with their wide-eyed charms, but do they even do any acting any more? We've never seen anything with them in.

What are your suggestions????

By Naomi

http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/fashion/archi...reat-gatsby.htm

But what is wrong with Carey? :unsure:

Besides being super adorable and lovely, is an amazing actress! I love her in An education...

on what mentioned about Scarlet as Daisy , she's also a good actress but in my opinion too bombshell for the rol...

Amber Heard, I think she had been also perfect but before she wasn't well known as now to be considered

So... I ask again, what is wrong with Carey?

Barbie

I didn't told you, but thanks for the pics of Gisele and Leonardo. I think she was the best partner for him.

WHY LEO! WHY YOU LET HER GO! Not that I'm Team Gisele or anything like that, is just that I honestly believe that she was the only one with whom I saw him really in love.

But I wish Baz put more romantic scenes between Jay and Daisy because in the book doesn't really have too many.

Yes! Yes!!

DiCaprio and Great Gatsby Generate Excitement at International College of Management, Sydney

The International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS), a GlobaLinks Learning Abroad partner university, was all abuzz recently as Leonardo DiCaprio and other Hollywood A-listers took over the historic castle that is the epicenter of the Manly Beach campus.

greatgatsby4copy.png

DiCaprio, with co-stars Tobey McGuire, Islan Fisher and Joel Edgerton, are in Australia filming The Great Gatsby (to be in 3D). Filmmakers have transformed the historical and iconic castle building at ICMS that houses the classrooms, administrative offices, restaurant and girls dormitories to look like a 1920s-era mansion in Long Island.

Titanic is on for literally 6 minutes :rofl: :

titanict.png

Tobey chillin between takes.

post-51835-0-1446081464-07553_thumb.jpg

Leo and Tobey party scene witnessed from the balcony.

post-51835-0-1446081464-08999_thumb.jpg

Tobey and Leo hanging.

post-51835-0-1446081464-11792_thumb.jpg

Leo Check out the latest shooting.

post-51835-0-1446081464-12826_thumb.jpg

Star reconnaissance.

For those of you that have escaped so, we have been filming at our small college the past two days. The Great Gatsby is about to be filmed in full swing here in Sydney and after several weeks of stage setting at ICMS so it was time for actors to do their over two late nights on campus. Exciting!

After having climbed mostly by palace facade with ivy, MOVED two large palm trees, expanded and redesigned the stairs, added singles for the entire g�rsdplanen, built fountains, dragged there big lion statues and fixed and Donatists for several weeks, as went up interest sharply on Monday and yesterday. I would not be worse, so I did stool me up to visit my friend Fleur who live on campus again, to "hang" around and check out the occasional celebrity. Unfortunately, we were not alone: ​​it was probably a long time since the school was so crowded a late Tuesday night. But it may well be understood. It was no less than Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire as people hoped to see. Apparently to this Great Gatsby-production (by Baz Luhrmann) be a real big effort to get out on Boxing Day next year. Yay!

So after hanging with various security guards, camera supervisors and production staff in the hallways so it was finally time to see Tobey shoot a scene. Then we saw the same safely 20 times, haha! At about 23 arrived since the mysterious Leo who definitely do not want to be seen or photographed, and preferably be absolutely super secret. In the little mini-scene that Leo and Tobey recorded together on the steps (together with x number of dressed extras) so we students allowed to hang out over the balcony, which reaches out along one side of the castle, to try to see as much as possible. FAT OS. After witnessing Leo and Tobey running the scene several times as it became in the end "Final Cut" and Leo walked away to leave the scene. The funny part was when he passed about 20 feet in front of all our students, and as we stood there like petrified and hardly dared to breathe (let alone shoot, because people had been evicted in the past to be photographed) so did Leo apparently he could invite a little on himself, and turned himself up at us and waved! No one seemed at first to take in what just had happened, but after a second or two burst out cheering and Leo walked off to applause. Awesome, really. I know that you should be cool and all that, but um, I actually think it was all FAT. We're talking of course, as no direct B-celebrities either, ha!

Today it was therefore a little tough to keep your eyes open at work, at times, because we did not give up until closer to the third The production team was running all night and once it had completed all the scenes so they started to pack everything up bag and baggage on the fly, so when I left school so they were still running. Then it was 7 o'clock in the morning. Though I understand that they must make the most of two days as the "hired himself" at the school. 100,000 dollars to film at the school for two days should be enough of course, you would think. Check out this!

Oooh, Leo is hot in that picture of him watching the playback. Is that a streamer in his mouth? Lol.

I think Carey is a good choice for Daisy but at times I'm not sure if she can play the (this is just the vibe I remember getting from Daisy when I read the book so I could be totally wrong) mysterious~ (or maybe the better word is...cold?) part of Daisy's personality. Still, I think she'll be great but I do sometimes question that.

Honestly, I don't think Leo would have done the movie if there were a lot of love scenes between his character and the main female character. The dude is like anti love scenes nowadays since he became so bogged down with being the romantic hero during Romeo & Juliet/Titanic times. Damn Leo! :laugh:

Yes Barbie , I also note that the woman is talking to Jay in the first picture is Jennifer... Man! I feel so much envy!

You know, Just curious I was checking how was the old version of Gatsby and comparing, I must say without offense to the generation of Roberd Redford , this version looks so much better. :D

post-51835-0-1446081465-93758_thumb.jpg post-51835-0-1446081465-95593_thumb.png

post-51835-0-1446081465-97452_thumb.jpg post-51835-0-1446081466-0075_thumb.png

post-51835-0-1446081466-05009_thumb.jpg post-51835-0-1446081466-08422_thumb.png