Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Hey lovelies :wave:

Baz Luhrmann Gambles On Newcomer For Gatsby Role

When a film already has Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan and Tobey Maguire in its cast, it’s hard to get worked up about the arrival of a bona fide newcomer. But if Baz Luhrmann’s excited about adding Australian actress Elizabeth Debicki to his Great Gatsbyensemble, then who are we to disapprove?

Debicki has been tapped to play Jordan Baker in Luhrmann’s adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s timeless novel, according to Deadline. The character is the love interest of Gatsby narrator Nick Carraway, who will be played by Maguire. DiCaprio will play Gatsby, while Mulligan has been cast as his Daisy

As for the casting of a relative novice, Luhrmann proclaimed, "It was a surprising result, but Elizabeth's grasp of the material and her chemical connectivity to Tobey Maguire, in addition to her striking, athletic appearance, had us in a place where we were fully confident and ready to take the leap of giving the role of Jordan Baker to what, I guess, people would term 'a discovery.' We are thrilled."

Everybody has to start somewhere, and for Debicki, this “somewhere” is pretty massive. About the only major role left for Luhrmann to cast is that of Daisy's husband, Tom Buchanan. The part was Ben Affleck’s at one time, but he bowed out due to a scheduling conflict with his next directing gig, Argo.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Baz-Luhrman...Role-24660.html

Leo and Bar split is official... nothing scandalous :wave: I just really want to see who Leo dates next hehe. :p Watch leo get linked up to every girl under the sun though... rumour mill overdrive. <_< I'd need pics/ multiple sightings for proof if he's actually dating someone lol.

However, realistically It appears he's too busy to make a real relationship work...So it makes more sense for him to stay single I think.

Leonardo DiCaprio and model Bar Refaeli have officially called it quits, Page Six has exclusively learned. The pair broke up late last week after going through a rough patch. "It was amicable, they're still friends and they are still talking," said a source close to the couple. "They just grew apart and went their separate ways," the source said, adding that there was no one else involved in the breakup -- despite Refaeli being pictured flirting with a mystery man at a dinner in Berlin this week. She and the Hollywood star dated for four years before taking a six-month break back in 2009 and then rekindling their romance last year. The source added: "Neither were ready to settle down, and both have busy careers that have been taking them in different directions." Rumors of an impending split began when DiCaprio had a boys' weekend with Bradley Cooper and Ryan Kavanaugh in Mexico last month. DiCaprio and Refaeli were then seen going in opposite directions at separate events around New York the night of Anna Wintour's Met Ball on May 2 -- he hit the Standard Hotel and she partied at the Crown. A rep for DiCaprio had no comment.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/exclusive_...s&FEEDNAME=

Some say they might get back together in the future...

Leonardo DiCaprio and Bar Refaeli have called it quits -- for now, at least.

Though two sources confirm to Us Weekly that theOscar-nominated actor, 36, and the Sports Illustrated supermodel, 25, recently ended their five year relationship, one insider isn't ruling out a reconciliation just yet.

"They do this every two years," the source points out. "They could be back together next week."

According to New York Post's Page Six, the A-list couple's split was amicable. "They're still friends and they are still talking. They just grew apart and went their separate ways."

The couple began dating in the spring of 2006 and split for six months in 2009; they rekindled their romance the following year.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/leonardo-dicapri..._medium=twitter

I'm so sad about their split. But it reveals something about leo he is not a smart and stable guy. I mean I know that he makes good choices in his movies but in his private life he is still a teenager. He spends five gyears with bar and he is not ready to engaged or have children with her. Bar is the girl who the best leo I mean if he is not ready to engaged with her he will not ready to engaged with someone else. I'm curious to see who will be his next girl friend a model or maybe an actress.... but as usual leo will stay 5 years before engaged, I' dont think that he will have children soon.

I know that his career is important for him but in his private life he should be grow up and be more serious and stable instead of partying everytime with famous friends. <_<

I'm so sad about their split. But it reveals something about leo he is not a smart and stable guy. I mean I know that he makes good choices in his movies but in his private life he is still a teenager. He spends five gyears with bar and he is not ready to engaged or have children with her. Bar is the girl who the best leo I mean if he is not ready to engaged with her he will not ready to engaged with someone else. I'm curious to see who will be his next girl friend a model or maybe an actress.... but as usual leo will stay 5 years before engaged, I' dont think that he will have children soon.

I know that his career is important for him but in his private life he should be grow up and be more serious and stable instead of partying everytime with famous friends. <_<

Sad about the news about their split. :( I was really hoping that they would stay together for a while, but it seems now that they are just not a good fit! I mean I think they are just so on and off, that they can't really keep it together. I really just want Leo to be happy, and I think when he finds the right girl, he will get married and have kids. Hes just got to find that girl.

Brad Pitt for example he always had long lasting relationships that didn't really go anywhere kids wise and never got very serious, sometimes engagment, but right when he met angelina, BOOM! He and her started having kids after 1 year! So I think He just needs to find that girl, because I think when he feels the girl is right, I think he will make his move!

Still very interested who that girl will be!!!?

Leo is very dedicated to his career,it's good for him as an actor but bad for his private life.he can't stop thinking about his movies and always says that for him at that moment moves are on the first position,sometimes I think Bar made a good decision! she should leave him a long time ago.and if Leo doesn't change,all the girls will do the same as Bar and Gisele.