Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

thanks wijn! :wave:

I also think Leo handled fame really good! he was the mega star after Titanic and most of the people though Leo would never be a great actor,cuz he had only beauty and no talent,but he did and proved he's one of the greatest and respectful actor of our generation.I think he deserves it cuz Leo has always worked so hard and does his best for movies.

I remember him saying in one interview,that after Titanic and Leo-Mania he realized that he had to think twice about all of his steps,just because of he was the icon of millions of teens and if he would have done the mistake,teens would do the same.he understood that he had a great effect on his fans and I've noticed Leo changed a lot after Titanic,he became more serious and wasn't as crazy kid as he had been before,of course that was because of age too,but I guess Leo-Mania effected a lot on Leo.

and what I want to say is ,I like he understood his great effect on teens and tried to behave better.most of the celebs who are the icons of today's teens can't understand that and it's really bad.

'Gatsby' Producers Drop $$$ On Restored 1920s Cars

Leo DiCaprio will be rolling around the set of "The Great Gatsby" in several authentic, restored cars from the 1920s ... and TMZ has learned producers dropped a TON of cash to make sure they got the real deal.

Sources connected to the production tell us ... filmmakers went to the Volo Auto Museum in Illinois last week and BOUGHT a pair of 1929 Duesenbergs and a 1929 Packard -- both intended to be used by DiCaprio's character, Jay Gatsby.

TMZ spoke to a rep from Volo who tells us three cars are valued at anywhere from $800 thousand to $3 MILLION each -- but the rep wouldn't reveal how much cash producers plunked down for the rides.

We're told the cars are scheduled to be shipped out to the movie set in Australia in the next few weeks.

Fun Fact: 'The Great Gatsby' takes place during the summer of 1922 ... so, technically, these cars weren't even on the roads yet ... but they're still cool.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/09/great-gatsby...s-1929-packard/

Photos of the Car are on the site, they look pretty cool!

Cannes: Red Granite Acquires Leonardo DiCaprio Pic 'The Wolf Of Wall Street'

Red Granite Pictures, which just formed an international sales division to be headed by ex-Nu Image execs Danny Dimbort and Christian Mercuri, has just bought into a big project. Red Granite chairman/CEO Riza Aziz and vice chairman Joey McFarland have acquired rights to Jordan Belfort's memoir The Wolf of Wall Street and will produce with Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Killoran's Appian Way and Alexandra Milchan's EMJAG Productions. DiCaprio has long wanted to play Belfort, with directors Martin Scorsese and Ridley Scott among those who's sparked to directing the film. There were reports recently that Scorsese might resurface, but no director is set yet and there isn't a start date. The project had been set at Warner Bros and nearly got made several years ago, but a tug of war between that studio and Paramount (where Scorsese has his overall deal) led them to instead collaborate on Shutter Island.

Script was written by Terence Winter, the exec producer of The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire. The drama chronicles Belfort's rise and fall on Wall Street, a run marked by a hard-partying lifestyle, drug addiction, a 1998 indictment for securities fraud and money laundering. And a 22-month federal prison stretch. Belfort has been sober 14 years and is a motivational speaker.

Red Granite's intention is to produce four to five films each year and make negative pickups. Along with Dimbort and Mercuri, the company brought Millennium Films production head Joe Gatta in as president, to oversee production operations. Red Granite most recently completed the Jennifer Westfelt-directed Friends with Kids, which stars Jon Hamm, Megan Fox, Westfeldt, Kristin Wiig and Adam Scott.

Dicaprio is repped by Rick Yorn.

Great news!

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/cannes-red...of-wall-street/

yeps I'm excited too! :ddr: can't wait to see pics from Gatsby set :dance: and after that we'll see him in The Wolf Of Wall street,hope Marty will make that movie :blush: just wanna see them working together again :wub:

Thanks Wijin for the Wolf on Wall street news :hug: Happy leo's long time dream role is getting off the ground!! Also like that article about Leo handling fame well! For sure he has and compared to some of the others he has done an outstanding job!

Also noticed the Jesse M and Leo similarities especially during the Beach era :p

Thanks Barbie for Japan vid :hug: love all of leo's great efforts!! Love your reaction to the Ruby pics... Very cute pics indeed and the dialogue from the women!

Yeah I am so excited to see Leo as Jay!! Its going to be interesting to see Leo and Carey as an onsreen couple. I think she is just adorable! :wub:

Oh, and I did reasearch of the Wolf Of Wall Street. And the book sounds alot of drugs, sex, and lots of other things like that. It will be interesting to see Leo as this character(from reading the description of the guy, hes not the greatest guy in the world :D ) It also said that the character Leo will be playing in the Wolf Of Wall Street has a "trphy" model wife, and I am curious who will play her role ?!

so according to People online today, Leo's back in NYC

Leonardo DiCaprio stepped out for dinner with 10 friends at La Petite Maison in N.Y.C., where the actor enjoyed one of the restaurant's signature Provençale dishes while, nearby, a pregnant Natalie Portman was dining separately.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20...ss-topheadlines