Bellazon

Parlez-vous Français?

TooBoku

• 2 weeks later...

Il serait bon qu'un jour, nos journalistes, qui se sont eux-mêmes attribués le grade "d'élite intellectuelle", arrêtent d'employer le mot décrédibiliser ! On dit discréditer ! C'est quand même pas compliqué, les gars (surtout pour des gens qui se prétendent "élites" :cain:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Je l'aime bien Jérôme Fourquet ; il est toujours intéressant.

Globalement, les sondeurs sont tous devenus plus intéressants ces dernières années ; avant, on faisait appel à eux pour faire des prévisions électorales, c'était fade, inutile et inintéressant. Depuis quelques années, ils sont sortis de la "prédiction", pour aller plutôt vers la prise de pouls (ou de température) du pays. Mieux encore : ils interviennent pour donner des chiffres, mais aussi les mots qui vont avec ces chiffres. Et là, ça vaut vraiment le coup d'écouter ce qu'ils ont à dire.

Il y a quand même des évolutions positives dans la bulle médiatique, et, je leur tire mon chapeau :heythere:

Captain Europe :rofl: Cette fois, ça y est, il y en a qui assument carrément le fait de nous prendre pour des c**.

L'infantilisation permanente que les corps intermédiaires renvoient à la population va finir par les perdre.

40 minutes ago, maddog107 said:

@Enrico_sw @Cult Icon

Off topic but curious. If we translated BZ to French (or Spanish for that matter) do you think people in France would be more likely to use BZ? 

Yes, I think so, but you would have to do an accurate translation. I use some apps on my phone that are poorly translated in French and it's more annoying than if they weren't translated. :laugh: Usually, it's because they do "word-for-word" translation, which hardly ever works.

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yes, I think so, but you would have to do an accurate translation. I use some apps on my phone that are poorly translated in French and it's more annoying than if they weren't translated. :laugh: Usually, it's because they do "word-for-word" translation, which hardly ever works.

So its getting better gradually. We have two options, google or Amazon.

Je l'aime bien Jérôme Fourquet ; il est toujours intéressant.

Globalement, les sondeurs sont tous devenus plus intéressants ces dernières années ; avant, on faisait appel à eux pour faire des prévisions électorales, c'était fade, inutile et inintéressant. Depuis quelques années, ils sont sortis de la "prédiction", pour aller plutôt vers la prise de pouls (ou de température) du pays. Mieux encore : ils interviennent pour donner des chiffres, mais aussi les mots qui vont avec ces chiffres. Et là, ça vaut vraiment le coup d'écouter ce qu'ils ont à dire.

Il y a quand même des évolutions positives dans la bulle médiatique, et, je leur tire mon chapeau

Google

I like Jerome Fourquet well; he is always interesting.

Overall, pollsters have all become more interesting in recent years; before, they were called upon to make electoral forecasts, it was bland, useless and uninteresting. In recent years, they have come out of the "prediction", to go instead to take the pulse (or temperature) of the country. Better still: they intervene to give figures, but also the words that go with these figures. And there, it's really worth listening to what they have to say.

There are still positive developments in the media bubble, and I take my hat off

Amazon

I like Jérôme Fourquet; he's always interesting. Overall, polls have all become more interesting in recent years; before they were used to make election forecasts, it was bland, useless and uninteresting. For a few years, they have come out of the “prediction”, to go rather towards taking pulse (or temperature) of the country. Better yet: they intervene to give numbers, but also the words that go with those numbers. And now it's really worth listening to what they have to say. Still, there are positive developments in the media bubble, and I'm taking my hat out to them.

I personally think Amazon's translation is a bit more "natural" and they have both come a long way with word for word translation that use to be the standard a few years back.

21 hours ago, maddog107 said:

So its getting better gradually. We have two options, google or Amazon. 

Yes, Amazon looks better on this instance, but in any case, I think it's better if the machine is double checked by humans. For example if a machine (even a great one) translates "submit reply" in French, it will give "Soumettre une réponse", which is correct, but sounds really unnatural... the better (and shorter) translation would just be "Répondre".

Let me know if you need help with the French translation, I can lend you a hand.

2 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yes, Amazon looks better on this instance, but in any case, I think it's better if the machine is double checked by humans. For example if a machine (even a great one) translates "submit reply" in French, it will give "Soumettre une réponse", which is correct, but sounds really unnatural... the better (and shorter) translation would just be "Répondre".

Let me know if you need help with the French translation, I can lend you a hand.

I agree. So how long do you think it will take you to finish translating the whole board

Total Posts

:D

Unfortunately I think only a machine can keep up with the quantity of posts we get on any given day, so if we do it I guess it will just need to be "good enough". I would hope that a foreigner that speaks no english would prefer a "ok" french than a 100% english board but I could be wrong.

20 hours ago, maddog107 said:

I agree. So how long do you think it will take you to finish translating the whole board

Total Posts

:D

Unfortunately I think only a machine can keep up with the quantity of posts we get on any given day, so if we do it I guess it will just need to be "good enough". I would hope that a foreigner that speaks no english would prefer a "ok" french than a 100% english board but I could be wrong.

Oh,  you want to translate the whole forum :laugh: I thought you wanted to translate the basic functions (like "submit reply" and stuff like this), but I guess it makes more sense (though most people are mainly here for the pictures :laugh:). Sure, only a machine can keep up with 5 million posts.

So you would also allow people to reply in French (or whatever the language) and then it would be automatically translated, right?

9 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Oh,  you want to translate the whole forum :laugh: I thought you wanted to translate the basic functions (like "submit reply" and stuff like this), but I guess it makes more sense (though most people are mainly here for the pictures :laugh:). Sure, only a machine can keep up with 5 million posts.

So you would also allow people to reply in French (or whatever the language) and then it would be automatically translated, right?

Correct, anyone could contribute in the major languages and have it translated. People have broken english on here anyways so machine english should be just as good :D

3 minutes ago, maddog107 said:

Correct, anyone could contribute in the major languages and have it translated. People have broken english on here anyways so machine english should be just as good :D

Fair enough :laugh:  And I think FB already does this (they translate posts in several languages already I think)

• 2 weeks later...