Bellazon

Football

goose

yeah, what's happened to the Turkish national team? you didn't qualify :/

Yeah, we've gone downhill in recent years...bad managers are mostly to blame. <_<

We only had to score once more against the Swiss, just once, and we'd be on our way to Germany now. :cry:

Instead, we are out of the WC and have a 6 match home ban for the '08 qualifiers! :angry:

Edited by Bouazizi

yeah, the Turkish team went crazy at the end :(

So did the Swiss, how come they didn't get a ban <_<

My thoughts exactly! In fact, the Swiss started the fights. <_<

no offence but Turkey have a history of poor discipline and stuff on the part of the fans and the players :/ on so i've been told . . .

the Turkish players were apparently the most violent in the tunnel though :/ wasn't one of the Swiss players hospitalised? :(

To be honest, there's no denying the history of poor discipline. But I guess the mentality at the time was; "the Swiss are starting a fight in our own home, after winning. We won't allow it". Blah, blah. :/

Yeah, one Swiss player was hospitalised after recieving a kick. That's not on, there must be a limit to the level of physical attacks.

But we must remember that Turkish fans/players only ever attack back when provoked. All fight cases have provocative beginings. Not that that's an excuse, I'm just saying...

Meanwhile, the Galatasaray game's just started! :D

do you remember when the Leeds fan was stabbed in Turkey a few years back? :(

I remember, and it was a terrible thing - but the two Leeds fans were looking to start a fight. They were wiping their bums with the Turkish flag, and burning it. That's just something you really don't do in the middle of Istanbul, on a matchday.

It's beyond a football thing. Still, I'm not trying to justify the murders in any way - I'm merely saying that it's another example of provoking.

Since then, nobody has been killed or severly injured (fans) during a game. I think people know to treat the locals with respect now.

To be totally honest though, I think the whole "fanatical Turk" thing is a little blown out of proportion these days; there was absolutely no trouble in the CL final last year, and Liverpool was in town. The three communities (inc. Italian) got along very well together. :)

Milan won, Inter and Juve tied :rofl:

Vogel played in Pirlo position today, and he impressed me :clap: He's better defensively than Pirlo, and doesn't make any stupid passes :thumbsup:

But it was just one game

Well, Pirlo was converted from an attacking mid wasn't he? :laugh:

I still like Pirlo better. But him and Xabi aren't playing very consistently at all :no: