Bellazon

Football

goose

So, Guardiola to join Bayern in the summer. Hands up who saw that one coming? :unsure:

*holds hands up*

They are by far the best fit for his style of play (second to only Barça in both possession and pass completion stats), they had a manager with an expiring contract this Summer and they are one of the best run clubs in Europe.

So, Guardiola to join Bayern in the summer. Hands up who saw that one coming? :unsure:

*holds hands up*

They are by far the best fit for his style of play (second to only Barça in both possession and pass completion stats), they had a manager with an expiring contract this Summer and they are one of the best run clubs in Europe.

It certainly makes sense. Bayern are a footballing institution built on sustained success over many a year, with a ton of young talent and in one of the most competitive leagues in the world. Clearly though, no-one in the English press had any idea where Guardiola was heading. Their ignorance (sometimes wilful, sometimes not) of anything happening outside the Premier League is embarrassing and hilarious in equal measure.

Probably the most feeble six weeks I can recall in my time. I thought we might just be getting it together when we beat Norwich and Liverpool back to back but the reality is, the squad is terrible and the tactics are getting more baffling by the second. I find the whole enterprise a complete embarrassment at the moment.

Happy Jim White day, everyone! :unsure:

Samba's contract: £23m over four years, plus £12.5m transfer fee. I like big Chris as much as the next guy, but wow, £35.5m on a replacement for Ryan Nelsen. Does UEFA's Financial Fair Play order apply to clubs in the Championship?

In fairness, Michael, if Ramsey's playing Arsenal will lose 0-8 and end up finishing 12th. At least according to every taxi driver on earth..

Ah yes, though of course, their problems would be over if they could only have Tony Adams back (© every pundit ever and anyone with a passing connection to Arsenal, 2002-present).

Let's also say a prayer for poor old Frank Lampard, a very expensive 35 year old who might not get a new contract an all-conquering hero being callously and perhaps even criminally cast aside by evil Roman Abramovich. :cry2:

Probably the most feeble six weeks I can recall in my time. I thought we might just be getting it together when we beat Norwich and Liverpool back to back but the reality is, the squad is terrible and the tactics are getting more baffling by the second. I find the whole enterprise a complete embarrassment at the moment.

Your problem seems to be - as they said on Football Weekly - that Villa can't even win those games where Benteke is seemingly "unplayable".

Won't survive if that continues.

Reminds me of the end of the Shaqobe Lakers where they lost a play-off game and Phil Jackson bemoaned that they had "wasted" a great Shaq game (he had monster numbers in that loss).

Another valiant effort at the SoL (or as I call it, the rehabilitation centre for woefully out-of-form players), beaten by a 10-man side kept afloat by their goalkeeper. I think I just might have heard that somewhere before. :unsure: Much as I enjoyed the second half, I doubt we'd have scored if the game had gone on until midnight on Sunday.

On the plus side, delighted that Danny Graham got a great reception from our fans on his home debut. He’s a good pro who looks as if he'll do well for us. Two weeks now (curse you blank weekends) until the West Brom game - the possibility of getting dragged back into a scrap refuses to shift altogether, but I'm cautiously optimistic that we can still get ourselves in the top half.

Additional: way to go Nigeria on the African Nations triumph. The competition seemed to go on forever, the playing surfaces were atrocious and the refereeing was so bad it bordered on performance art, but the best team won and Sunday Mba's winning goal was a delight. :hehe:

More a case of Agger having an absolute shocker.

Liverpool seem to struggle against any even remotely physical striker.

Benteke could do whatever he pleased as well.

which is ironic cause I had always thought of Agger/Skertel (when he was starting) as physical defenders

we've only had him for a month or less but i'm going to say we missed Sturridge :ninja: Shelvey is not a striker

Though I obviously haven't seen Liverpool's every game this season, Skrtel seems to have been in sharp decline for a while. Very telling that Rogers currently considers Jamie Carragher the better option in central defence, despite Carragher's age and distinct lack of pace.

More a case of Agger having an absolute shocker.

Liverpool seem to struggle against any even remotely physical striker.

Benteke could do whatever he pleased as well.

which is ironic cause I had always thought of Agger/Skertel (when he was starting) as physical defenders

we've only had him for a month or less but i'm going to say we missed Sturridge :ninja: Shelvey is not a striker