Bellazon

Football

goose

Within the premier league, I would say he is roughly in the middle of the pack. There are quite a few premiership keepers I would rank ahead of him: Vorm, Krul, Guzan, Mignolet, Howard, Friedel, Cech.

Before this current campaign, I would certainly have added Reina to that list as well.

I'd rank Hart around the same place as De Gea. In that you have to take the good with the bad and most days there is a lot more good than bad.

Hart's reputation far outweighs his actual ability, that's for sure, and he's got a hell of a way to go to become world class. That being said, he'd probably still be in my top five Premier League keepers. I sometimes think the increased criticism of him is more of a rally against the poor and ridiculously biased punditry you often get from the likes of Chiles and Redknapp, who refuse to admit even when he's blatantly at fault, and ITV and Sky, who produce all those irritating montages comparing him to Banks and Shilton.

Mignolet appears to be having a 'save of the year' contest all by himself at the moment, and unfortunately for us, the nagging feeling that he's destined for greater things is slowly but surely becoming a constant. As has often been the case this season, he kept us in Saturday's game for long, long periods.

If you're going down of your own free will, which Bale does all too frequently, then it's a dive, contact or not, foul or not. And with regard to getting a 'reputation' - well Gareth, if you stop throwing yourself to the floor at the slightest brush of someone else's sock against yours, you won't get a reputation for throwing yourself to the floor. Problem solved.

My favourite one is "he's entitled to go down". Pulitzer prize winning pundit Gary Neville can keep crowing on about this until Ed Chamberlain can finally grow facial hair but the idea that this phrase in any way successfully exonerates cheating is an absolute non-starter.

My favourite one is "he's entitled to go down". Pulitzer prize winning pundit Gary Neville can keep crowing on about this until Ed Chamberlain can finally grow facial hair but the idea that this phrase in any way successfully exonerates cheating is an absolute non-starter.

The 'entitled to go down' claptrap does indeed seem to be the new official line on the subject, courtesy of messrs Neville, Hansen and Lawrenson. Trouble is, this isn't something Bale has just recently started doing. I distinctly remember him receiving a yellow card and a low score for artistic impression for a blatant dive in a game against us in 2008. Still, the fact that he's starting to miss games through suspension might mean that he'll think twice about collapsing next time, which I suppose in itself, could represent a small victory in the fight against diving.

Looks like we have ourselves another new signing in the form of Kader Mangane, a giant Senegalese defender who's apparently coming on a season's loan. I've never knowingly seen him play, but since I'm a football fan with access to the internet, I feel compelled to make the following statements...

• He's the new Vincent Kompany and a sensational signing by Martin.
  • He's okay but unlikely to make that much of a difference to the team.
  • What the hell is O'Neill playing at, signing this joker?

Of course, I've no idea which one is accurate but I'll probably just come back to this post at the end of the season, edit it and delete whichever two prove to be incorrect. :Dinah:

I am not a Bayern fan at all but it really depends what he is looking for. I can't see Bayern going higher than they are, yes Dortmund have won more recently but generally Bayern have the Bundesliga in the bag. I can't see them as 'regular' UCL winners either, they can go far and may be even win but they already at that stage without Pep.